Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Absolutely!
This has been publicised over all Media outlets, BBC, Sky Facebook, Newspapers etc.... if this doesn`t pass the 16million mark it`s been a disaster for Remain as they claim their vote has increased from two years ago.
And as for NI data, it`s highly amusing that the pro remain border area of s. armagh seemingly has LESS votes than the pro-Leave dup area of Lagan Valley, and mid-ulster sf/remain LESS than south antrim dup/Leave!

Check it - It`s a complete sham, any hacker worth his salt will have a field day !

btw - have a look here....>
UK PARLIAMENT PETITION SITE IS A JOKE!!!!! -------------------------------------------------------------------------- The bot reached top speed 8,500 signatures per hour.

And may I take you back to last Nov for these wise words..
[B]Sammy Wilson MP[/B]‏ @[B]eastantrimmp[/B] 30 Nov 2018
Don’t underestimate the dirty tricks, the skullduggery, the pressure and the manipulation the government will be engaged in to try and drive wedges, persuade people and weaken arguments as it tries to get this deal through Parliament.

."
Tommie you really are getting worse, this is a petition not a referendum
Do you understand the difference?
Clearly not yet you are trying to compare the two.
I'll use simple words in the hope you understand.
The referendum was held at the end of a month long campaign with millions of pounds expended on publicising it (including a great deal of Putin's money too) and the leave side used targetted adverts to sway what Cambridge Analytica had identified as voters vulnerable to right wing propaganda .
Plus people were having a go at the Government, so the numbers involved were huge.
This petition had no long build up but has now reached 3.5 Millions in just over a day

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
How nice.

Maybe they could use the bones of our dead soldiers to frame it with. There are plenty in Belgium.
It says a great deal about those in charge of EU... At best poor taste, at worst insulting to country and its flag, no doubt the EU apologists will be defending it but not for much longer.
May, s deal will not get through and guess what then.... Got it in one. No deal..

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
UK PARLIAMENT PETITION SITE IS A JOKE!!!!! -------------------------------------------------------------------------- The bot reached top speed 8,500 signatures per hour.

Did you look at the date on the youtube video you linked to? have a free clue > 'Published on 14 Aug 2016'

I think you'll find since then email addesses also needs verification. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47668946

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Now which comedic phrase is appropriate here? Don't Panic (HHGTTG), It'll be all right on the night, I don't believe it, Ooh, nasty..., ... ?

Secret Cabinet Office document reveals chaotic planning for no-deal Brexit
Exclusive: paper says ‘critical phase’ could last months as fears rise over disruption to transport and food supplies
DUP accuses May of being ‘far too willing to capitulate’ to EU - live
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/22/secret-cabinet-office-document-reveals-chaotic-planning-for-no-deal-brexit

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
It says a great deal about those in charge of EU... At best poor taste, at worst insulting to country and its flag, no doubt the EU apologists will be defending it but not for much longer.
May, s deal will not get through and guess what then.... Got it in one. No deal..
Two items regarding this jingoism..
The forces which drove the world into to the first world war were complex, but the British Empire was one of the major players. It had a strategy of trying to bankrupt the emerging German Empire by forcing them to build expensive battleships...
There are more French bones scattered in Belgium than English.
Now I can agree that the image is in bad taste, as also are Union Jack bikinis,underware and even mugs. Indeed I would consider the Union Jack themed boxer shorts as much more offensive. Much of what passes for Art I find crass but there is a certain humour in it.
But if you want to be very much offended, then take what offense you want.
As well you know,there are no thought police in the EU, so your false outrage cannot be directed at the higher echelon of the EU...unless you are going to claim it was commissioned by Mr Junkers

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How nice.

Maybe they could use the bones of our dead soldiers to frame it with. There are plenty in Belgium.
Go on, do explain the logic of that statement, there are plenty of dead Belgian soldiers bones in Belgium from both world wars too.
They fought bravely to resist the German invaders.
So what point are you trying to make? do you think for some reason they are in our debt? and if you do, what did you do personally to deserve it?
The answer is you did nothing and deserve no special favours do you?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Two items regarding this jingoism..
The forces which drove the world into to the first world war were complex, but the British Empire was one of the major players. It had a strategy of trying to bankrupt the emerging German Empire by forcing them to build expensive battleships...
There are more French bones scattered in Belgium than English.
Now I can agree that the image is in bad taste, as also are Union Jack bikinis,underware and even mugs. Indeed I would consider the Union Jack themed boxer shorts as much more offensive. Much of what passes for Art I find crass but there is a certain humour in it.
But if you want to be very much offended, then take what offense you want.
As well you know,there are no thought police in the EU, so your false outrage cannot be directed at the higher echelon of the EU...unless you are going to claim it was commissioned by Mr Junkers
Its time we all took more care not to offend. By all means express opinions but such as this both happening and being publicised certainly isnt helping, and neither was the MEP calling their dog ( or was it a cat) Brexit.
I, d criticise this kind of thing from either side. Its purely meant to insult and increase division.
Surprised at you defending it Danidl. Its wrong, irrespective of history behind Union Jack,especially so taking into account where it is.
Our resident offenders will like it, thought you were somewhat more enlightened.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You are brilliant!!

If you wasn't real (a fake account Tom, I know, I know, but it just makes it better!)

I would have to invent you!

Do NOT change pilgrim. Do not change.

Thank you Tommy liar. The gift that keeps on giving
Can anyone explain what fingers is going on about with this post?

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Its time we all took more care not to offend. By all means express opinions but such as this both happening and being publicised certainly isnt helping, and neither was the MEP calling their dog ( or was it a cat) Brexit.
I, d criticise this kind of thing from either side. Its purely meant to insult and increase division.
Surprised at you defending it Danidl. Its wrong.
Having another bout of holier than thou Zlatan?
Unconvincing considering your past performance

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Surprised at you defending it Danidl. Its wrong, irrespective of history behind Union Jack,especially so taking into account where it is.
Our resident offenders will like it, thought you were somewhat more enlightened.
Defending it?. It might be better to read what I wrote.
Actually it turns out that the French Minister, was telling it as a joke. She does not have a cat, but the analogy is superb... As those of us who have cats can appreciate.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
in a word yes, But not only TM. The whole bunch of extreme remainers who have driven us to this point. The decision of the vote was to leave the EU. That was the result but since then it has become about what politicians want, not what we decided. Useless bunch
Talk about not wanting to face up to your own responsibilities!
It should have been as plain as day before the referendum that trusting this Government to do anything other than balls up Brexit was a catastrophic idea, yet you voted for Brexit and put your life in their hands.
Not the fault of remainers
The fault of the Brexit voters, you shouldn't have been so dumb.
You are accomplices, not victims

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Defending it?. It might be better to read what I wrote.
My apologies Danidl, I have re read your post and pick up a defence of it rather than criticism... But...if you are against it. My apologies.
But, no the analogy is awful. It assumes an utterly superior, sentinent being, the owner, attempting to control a dumb animal. (the cat) Be careful Danidl, you are showing your true feelings towards UK.
Perhaps its such attitudes of superiority that got us here in first place. And BTW without the cat there would be no Europe or EU. It would be the Third Reich.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fingers

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
There was a mix up in the broad cast May made to the Nation the other night from 10 Downing St. This is what was supposed to go out.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not the fault of remainers
The fault of the Brexit voters
In fairness it was the fault of the Tory government, they really missed a trick with this issue since they shouldn't have handled it themselves. Since the 1980s they haven't done anything themselves, instead choosing privatisation.

So they could have packed G4S, McKinseys and a few others of their ilk off to Brussels to negotiate rival deals for us. Instead of the miserable process we've suffered, think what fun that could have been. The rival deals could have been explained to the public by meerkats in compare_the_deal.com and any hate and blame could have been directed at those firms negotiating the deals, leaving the politicians unscathed.

And who knows, they might have actually achieved something better than we have now, and they certainly wouldn't have taken three years doing it. ;)

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
My apologies Danidl, I have re read your post and pick up a defence of it rather than criticism... But...if you are against it. My apologies.
But, no the analogy is awful. It assumes an utterly superior, sentinent being, the owner, attempting to control a dumb animal. (the cat) Be careful Danidl, you are showing your true feelings towards UK.
Perhaps its such attitudes of superiority that got us here in first place. And BTW without the cat there would be no Europe or EU. It would be the Third Reich.
Cats dumb animals?. ..you have got that one wrong. Our cat will go to the door, stretch up as if attempting to turn the knob..and then impatiently wait and expect that we will open the door ., until the door is open. Then when it is open ,may or may not go through it. As an analogy for the UKs position on matters Brexit..it works for me.

Reactions: oyster

Advertisers