Brexit, for once some facts.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Farage is trying to distance himself from any likely to insight trouble. He left UKIP because of Tomy Robinson and friends being in it.
Again its the case of people believing media comments about individuals.
If you listen to what Farage says he is actually centrist. I find him false and self serving but they all are. His actions might put Coebyn in power. Notice PH is making similar arguments to Flecc but for rather converse reasons. Country needs a dose of left wing government to show country just how inept current fools are.
Personally cant see an end to this charade, whatever we get will be a weak and split government. Weak governments cant make decisions, a phenomenon which has plagued Italy on and off for years. We, d be better making a few wrong but strong decisions rather than drifting as we are now, and for foreseeable future.
Come back his Toniness, all is forgiven, if you serve your gaol time that is.
Rather says it all when best person for running country should be charged with war crimes..
Huh? You want Blair back?

Nurse!

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
PS. The aliens told me that Brexit was a good thing and that political correctness and social justice warriors will fizzle out within two years. National identity and freedom of speech will prevail.
Darn. I told them to keep quiet about that part.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Rubbish.
My wifes car has evidence its a 1.8...Its got a badge in back which says so. Look under bonnet and its actually a 3.2.(3.2s are nicked loads more, 1.8s generally left alone)
The "false" evidence has worked fine.
The evidence its a 1.8 is still evidence to that wrong assumption.
Just because you happen to mis believe certain evidence does not change fact its evidence.
Well. Regardless of what the dictionary says - I gotta go with Flecc here. To me evidence is only evidence if it supports the truth. If it does not support the truth it is not evidence.

But if you wanna argue differently go for it. You ain't gonna change my mind though.

Reactions: Zlatan

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Isn't it the case that any pressure behind a jet or rocket engine reduces the velocity of the expelled mass and renders it less efficient than in a vacuum? (Not that a jet can operate in a vacuum.)
Absolutely. Rocket motors are at their most efficient in the vacuum of space for that very reason.

I read something about he Saturn 5 Rocket that I hadn’t realised, but it’s obvious when you think about it.

At launch, the weight of the whole assembly is greater than the thrust produced by the five massive engines. As the fuel burns off, the weight reduces to the point of equilibrium, and then into positive thrust at the point of lift off. The weight continues to reduce so the acceleration builds all the time (Acceleration = Thrust / Mass) Thrust is constant but Mass is getting smaller as the fuel burns, so Acceleration is increasing all the time. I believe the motors are throttled back to prevent the acceleration forces / G Force becoming destructive or harmful.

Fascinating stuff.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Well..... think about it. Imagine you're naturally a UKIP kind of person and they had a vote to say if we should leave the EU - and the vote came out to leave.

And then nothing happens.

You're going to be well annoyed - to put it mildly.

And now imagine UKIP implodes. Which way are you going to go? Are you going to move towards the centre and the Torys? Hardly. Will you vote Labour? With their record on Brexit no way.

The only way is further right. But what is there out there? Weird f***ed up parties that promote violence.

Then Farage comes along with his 'Brexit' party. Now you're back on home ground.

No need to go join the loonie fringe anymore.
Who are you kidding? Farage hasn't changed one bit he's still the loony fringe, just putting up a pretend "Mr Nice Guy" front.
You would have to be pretty dim to fall for that, and watch the sparks fly, while he denies everything.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
As if we needed one, another reason to vote Conservative!!!!

Just in from Conservative HQ

“I want to wish you a very Happy Easter, 50 Hertz.

You might celebrate the religious side of the holiday. Or you might just enjoy the chocolate.

But however you choose to spend your time, I hope you have a great Easter.

It’s hard to believe we’re already this far into the year. In just over a week, we will have local elections across much of England.

When you’re recycling your Easter egg boxes, remember that Conservative councils across the country recycle more than Labour ones.

That’s one more reason to vote Conservative on the 2nd of May.

Happy Easter!

Brandon Lewis
Conservative Party Chairman”

That’s it then. I was undecided, but if Conservative recycle more Easter Egg boxes than Labour, they are getting my vote. On the other hand, if that’s all they’ve got, i might just give up and not vote.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
As
Well. Regardless of what the dictionary says - I gotta go with Flecc here. To me evidence is only evidence if it supports the truth. If it does not support the truth it is not evidence.

But if you wanna argue differently go for it. You ain't gonna change my mind though.
But thats the whole point. We do not know the truth. We only think we do,thats why there are two sides, or more, in any disagreement. Even after a trial the result is subjective.
Google Bart Sibrel. He presents his evidence quite well. (well he used to even more so until his life was threatened)

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
More proof if it was needed of your difficulty with understanding the English language.

I've given you the definition of the word evidence, I'm sorry for you that you cannot understand it.
I think for once Zatlan is correct . Evidence is anything proffered in support of an argument. Its verifying it or" testing it " which is the business of a court. I believe that the definition you have given is simplistic. Indeed I once purchased in good faith an Opel Ascona 1.6 ,from a main dealer, which had those figures etc on jts log book and registration document. I taxed and insured it as such . I t went like the clappers , only after two years or so, I realised it was a 2.2 litre engine, and the registration book haas incorrect.

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Well..... think about it. Imagine you're naturally a UKIP kind of person and they had a vote to say if we should leave the EU - and the vote came out to leave.

And then nothing happens.

You're going to be well annoyed - to put it mildly.

And now imagine UKIP implodes. Which way are you going to go? Are you going to move towards the centre and the Torys? Hardly. Will you vote Labour? With their record on Brexit no way.

The only way is further right. But what is there out there? Weird f***ed up parties that promote violence.

Then Farage comes along with his 'Brexit' party. Now you're back on home ground.

No need to go join the loonie fringe anymore.
I actually would agree with you on this one. But the next phase is when they find out that Farage is equally no different than the others,what then?. If hell hath no fury than a woman scorned,what then of a group who are unable to follow arguements and realise that they have been duped not once but twice?.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Who are you kidding? Farage hasn't changed one bit he's still the loony fringe, just putting up a pretend "Mr Nice Guy" front.
You would have to be pretty dim to fall for that, and watch the sparks fly, while he denies everything.
Hey heck its a free country if you want to see Farage as the loony fringe go ahead.

Not my view.

Reactions: oldgroaner

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I actually would agree with you on this one. But the next phase is when they find out that Farage is equally no different than the others,what then?. If hell hath no fury than a woman scorned,what then of a group who are unable to follow arguements and realise that they have been duped not once but twice?.
He is different in that if he gets in he will make sure the Brexit vote is honoured - I think we can all be pretty damm sure about that.

• Dislike

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
As

But thats the whole point. We do not know the truth. We only think we do,thats why there are two sides, or more, in any disagreement. Even after a trial the result is subjective.
Google Bart Sibrel. He presents his evidence quite well. (well he used to even more so until his life was threatened)
I think we do know the truth.

The truth is men landed on the moon.

End of.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
He is different in that if he gets in he will make sure the Brexit vote is honoured - I think we can all be pretty damm sure about that.
I’m not at all sure. I would have agreed with you 3 years ago, but after he did the great disappearance act post referendum, I have my doubts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
As if we needed one, another reason to vote Conservative!!!!

Just in from Conservative HQ

“I want to wish you a very Happy Easter, 50 Hertz.

You might celebrate the religious side of the holiday. Or you might just enjoy the chocolate.

But however you choose to spend your time, I hope you have a great Easter.

It’s hard to believe we’re already this far into the year. In just over a week, we will have local elections across much of England.

When you’re recycling your Easter egg boxes, remember that Conservative councils across the country recycle more than Labour ones.

That’s one more reason to vote Conservative on the 2nd of May.

Happy Easter!

Brandon Lewis
Conservative Party Chairman”

That’s it then. I was undecided, but if Conservative recycle more Easter Egg boxes than Labour, they are getting my vote. On the other hand, if that’s all they’ve got, i might just give up and not vote.
Nicely avoids explaining why. The tory councils are in rich areas where there is more to recycle? Those who live in Labour council areas can't afford chocolate eggs?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think for once Zatlan is correct . Evidence is anything proffered in support of an argument. Its verifying it or" testing it " which is the business of a court. I believe that the definition you have given is simplistic. Indeed I once purchased in good faith an Opel Ascona 1.6 ,from a main dealer, which had those figures etc on jts log book and registration document. I taxed and insured it as such . I t went like the clappers , only after two years or so, I realised it was a 2.2 litre engine, and the registration book haas incorrect.
I disagree, your discovery of the 2.2 engine was the evidence in this instance, the log book account a falsehood.

Prior to the discovery you believed you had evidence, but that belief was misplaced. The evidence didn't exist.

Reactions: robdon and oyster

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
I can see both sides of this.
Evidence...........False Evidence. (is it still evidence)
Testimony....….False Testimony (is it still Testimony)
Tits..................False Tits (are they still Tits)

Reactions: Zlatan

Advertisers