Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
That blast is only half what the landing blast needs. The module weighed 17 tons. 1/6 th gravity on the moon, so there needs to be three tons of thrust. Have you any idea what that looks like?
the lack of atmosphere on the moon makes comparison with landing on earth futile. You have to imagine a world where feathers (or dust in this case) fall down to earth at near speed of lead or stones.
There are a few videos showing the ascent as viewed from the CSM or the Lunar Roving Vehicle (instead of the descent), they show:
a) less dust than we anticipate in context of 3 tons of thrust on earth
b) how quickly the dust settles (as quick as stones from a cliff).

think of a water jet engine that some people use to fly above a lake. It does not create much vortex around the jet.

These facts do not contradict footprints nor the presence of lots of dust. Remember on the moon, dust does not fly about.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
There is no vacuum under the module otherwise the blast couldn't accelerate or decelerate the module. That's basic physics.
you misunderstood the physics of rocket engines. The vacuum does not have much effect on the thrust.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Also if it came back down dust would be on the lander., but there was none!
Think of dust particles as snooker balls and the propellant jets as snooker queues, very little dust can be projected above the LEM in the first place.
most of the dust fell back down to the surface of the moon well away the LEM even before the 4 legs of the LEM touch the ground.

Last edited:

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Here's something else, look closely at the photo vfr posted of the lander's foot pad. In that close-up we see one of the feet covered in gold foil to protect it from the heat, but what's that black stuff stuck around the edge on one side that looks like gaffer tape ?
Well it is tape, it's called Kapton and it's been painted with Pyromark high temperature paint. The reason why it's there is because the crew requested it. The Lunar Module had probes sticking out below the foot pads to detect when the vehicle was just above the moon's surface at which point the engines would cut off and it would drop to the surface. The astronauts weren't to keen on walloping onto something that hard, how could they be sure they wouldn't sink straight in. So they requested the motors keep burning right until it touched down thus ensuring a softer landing, however the concern was hot dust and gasses bouncing back from the surface could damage the landing pads hence the extra protective tape and paint. Note where it's been applied inside of the pad when it would be exposed to greatest heat.
We have to ask ourselves then if that's a fake picture what would be the purpose of putting on the extra protective covering ? So it's a fake footpad covered with fake Iconel, with fake Kapton tape painted over with fake Pyromark all to make a fake image look real...hardly likely is it. I love a good conspiracy theory, Lady Di, JFK there's a million of them out there. The moon landing hoax is easy to debunk.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Now Farage begins to show what he really stands for in the Telegraph
"
Nigel FarageBritons no longer just want to leave the EU - they want to smash the two-party system

Do they, or to be more correct that is what your fascist masters want isn't it?
And in the Express
"
Brexit is just the beginning! Farage vows to DESTROY establishment - 'It doesn't work'
NIGEL Farage has vowed his new Brexit Party will destroy the establishment, raging the UK’s two-party system “doesn’t work”...

So now it is openly against the UK political system as well?
This is dangerous, Farage needs to be either made to behave or proscribed, this man is a menace.
Imagine what trouble among hotheads he will cause.
That's the last thing this country needs right now.
We would all like our political situation to change, but not into a Fascist nightmare that this imbecile stands for.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Now Farage begins to show what he really stands for in the Telegraph
"
Nigel FarageBritons no longer just want to leave the EU - they want to smash the two-party system

Do they, or to be more correct that is what your fascist masters want isn't it?
And in the Express
"
Brexit is just the beginning! Farage vows to DESTROY establishment - 'It doesn't work'
NIGEL Farage has vowed his new Brexit Party will destroy the establishment, raging the UK’s two-party system “doesn’t work”...

So now it is openly against the UK political system as well?
This is dangerous, Farage needs to be either made to behave or proscribed, this man is a menace.
Imagine what trouble among hotheads he will cause.
We would all like our political situation to change, but not into a Fascist nightmare that this imbecile stands for.
Thought you, d decided current governance doesnt work..??

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Thought you, d decided current governance doesnt work..??
It doesn't, but change needs not to result in violence, remember what my post said
"Imagine what trouble among hotheads he will cause.
We would all like our political situation to change, but not into a Fascist nightmare that this imbecile stands for. "

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
So much for the fabled impartiality of the BBC this was Marr making a party Political broadcast on behalf of Farage.

Not a UKIP broadcast, but the authoritative voice of Andrew Marr. (26/6/16)
And the video is being circulated again by ....?
You can’t seriously believe that the BBC favours UKIP over other parties or is biased to the right of politics, can you?

Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Why does a working-class brexiteer (or remainer, for that matter) feel they can in any way trust someone so far removed from being working class as Tice? (And ARM, for that matter.)

Sixty-nine-year-old Lynne Oldham told me that she felt that working-class Brexiteers like herself weren’t represented in parliament, but much to her excitement Tice introduced the new “capable, competent and common sense” breed of politician that the Brexit party would be promoting to “revive confidence in democracy”.

About whom Wiki says...

Tice is CEO of the asset management group Quidnet Capital LLP, which has around £500 million of property under management. He was CEO of real estate group CLS Holdings from 2010 to 2014. He has campaigned on education and housing, and is best known for his support of Brexit as founder of Leave Means Leave and former co-chair of Leave.EU.

And just where are these capable, competent and common sense politicians? In this context, "common sense" so often means pandering, jumping to conclusions and reducing things to a level that can only be regarded as simplistic.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I agree, but not only that, if the missions had been faked the Russians would have taken great delight in exposing the fake. They were in competition with the USA at the time.

I suspect vfr400 might be just teasing us a little on the Brexit thread. He strikes me as quite a bright fellow from my reading of his posts on other threads. That is not the typical MO of someone that believes in all these conspires theories and some of the other unusual posts he has written on this thread. I think he is just having a bit of fun with us all.
We'll see with if and what he comes back with.

Reactions: oldgroaner

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
It doesn't, but change needs not to result in violence, remember what my post said
"Imagine what trouble among hotheads he will cause.
We would all like our political situation to change, but not into a Fascist nightmare that this imbecile stands for. "
I'd say having Farage out there reduces the chance of violence.

If those people on the right of centre are not given some kind off a voice (which he gives them) - they will get more and more frustrated and migrate further and further towards the violent end of the spectrum.

• Dislike

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
  • Dislike

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I'd say having Farage out there reduces the chance of violence.

If those people on the right of centre are not given some kind off a voice (which he gives them) - they will get more and more frustrated and migrate further and further towards the violent end of the spectrum.
I can only hope you are right but I doubt that very much

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Farage is trying to distance himself from any likely to insight trouble. He left UKIP because of Tomy Robinson and friends being in it.
Again its the case of people believing media comments about individuals.
If you listen to what Farage says he is actually centrist. I find him false and self serving but they all are. His actions might put Coebyn in power. Notice PH is making similar arguments to Flecc but for rather converse reasons. Country needs a dose of left wing government to show country just how inept current fools are.
Personally cant see an end to this charade, whatever we get will be a weak and split government. Weak governments cant make decisions, a phenomenon which has plagued Italy on and off for years. We, d be better making a few wrong but strong decisions rather than drifting as we are now, and for foreseeable future.
Come back his Toniness, all is forgiven, if you serve your gaol time that is.
Rather says it all when best person for running country should be charged with war crimes..

Advertisers