Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
these things are parts of the new artillery.
Do you think the software can't do what those extras can? We rely on satellites which can be shot down with lasers, undersea optic cables that can be cut by robots and magnetic storage that can be wiped out with a pulse.
Assured mutual destruction.
My old friend Kevin who moved to Australia in the 90s now works for some Russian company to create a new generation of encryption technology, much more difficult to crack.
I accept the point about it being the new artillery. But there is a difference between this and building a Maginot line and then putting traffic signs in German in the Ardennes saying this route suitable for Panzers. ?

Reactions: robdon

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I’m just poking fun at them. These are simply words, not even sounds we make with our mouths, but shapes on an electronic screen arranged in a certain order. How can a pattern of shapes hurt or injure anyone?

How did we end up being this sensitive? It’s as if we have taken a baby, the weakest, the most vulnerable & sensitive thing imaginable and said, let’s train this thing to be even weaker. Let’s train it to be afraid of the sounds that we make with our mouths or the shapes we can create and display on a screen. It’s bonkers.
So where do you draw line 50??At what point do insults become intolerable? At what point do they create bad feeling, foster threats and agression. Only words 50,whatever is said.
The issue isnt around sensitivity, its around why make them first place?
The internet has been ruined by its lack of rules, moderation, respect,... Call it what you wish... Look at kids not coping because some other kid thinks along lines you do.
If folk cant have common decency to post without insult they shouldnt post.
High time we all took a good look at ourselves. The internet has become a negative aspect to our lives, demonstrating our true nature through the lack of responsibity in our utterings.

Reactions: OxygenJames

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
My car response was both factual and to illustrate that other people might share similar viewpoints. Not virtue blagging or whatever the current term is now . If you bother to read my earlier posts, I have not ever insulted leave VOTERs for what ,in my opinion was a bad decision. I have reserved my scorn for those leaders who SHOULD and indeed MAY have known better,but for a variety of reasons MISLED the public. And you know who they are.
That any leave voter can now still believe that they were told the truth, is what I find incredible. Either they are so wedded to a belief that rational discussion is impossible or obstinate I cannot say. But they need only read the pre referendum publicity and the current situation to see the truth.
So I have no difficulty in accepting that a poster would have a change of heart. Particularly if they have a memory and reasoning skills.
Nobody said you had insulted anyone, you defended 50 for doing so.
Still think its so what about your vehicle history. You dont like cars. Big deal. I do, kept hundreds in work spending on them over years. I wonder what Westetn Civilusation would look like without the car... We, d still be in dark ages. Vast bulk of industry, commerce jobs and progress has been on backs of transport industry. USA would never have got out the 1930s depression, etc etc goes on and on.
Yet, now they are a social outcast..

Reactions: OxygenJames

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
So where do you draw line 50??At what point do insults become intolerable? At what point do they create bad feeling, foster threats and agression. Only words 50,whatever is said.
The internet has been ruined by its lack of rules, moderation, respect,... Call it what you wish... Look at kids not coping because some other kid thinks along lines you do.
High time we all took a good look at ourselves. The internet has become a negative aspect to our lives, demonstrating our true nature through the lack of responsibity in our utterings.

The insults come from remainers. It runs through pretty much all of them. And when you pull them up on it, it’s either ‘not me guv’ or ‘it’s just harmless banter’

Or this new one of characters and shapes on a screen..... As if that’s an excuse for insults. Kids shouting out insults whilst playing computer games is what you can expect and is a sign of immaturity but the remainers do not have that excuse. Their only real excuse is they can’t accept they lost and are having nothing left but insults.

A shame but it’s good to know who these people are.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you could draw some parallel here, between the internet and the EU.
The UK's attitude favours less regulation, more growth hence intrinsically more risky.
The EU's attitude is to create a level playing field with more rules, slow growth and less risky.
Brexit is the conservative's party idea, deregulation, devaluation, maximum growth.
Labour's idea is more like the EU's.
That's why I think if we have EP vote, Labour will beat Nigel Farage's brexit party, which is in the main the brexit wing of the conservative party because currently, remain leads leave by 8% margin (54/46).

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
you could draw some parallel here, between the internet and the EU.
The UK's attitude favours less regulation, more growth hence intrinsically more risky.
The EU's attitude is to create a level playing field with more rules, slow growth and less risky.
Brexit is the conservative's party idea, deregulation, devaluation, maximum growth.
Labour's idea is more like the EU's.
That's why I think if we have EP vote, Labour will beat Nigel Farage's brexit party, which is in the main the brexit wing of the conservative party because currently, remain leads leave by 8% margin (54/46).
Good post, as usual. (As was Finger's)

High time for more regulation on Internet.

• Agree
Reactions: Fingers and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yet, now they are a social outcast..
Not all of them, my leccy one run entirely on renewable energy is one of the good guys.

That said I have had 32 cars in my possession in my lifetime. Five second hand, nine new company cars and eighteen new ones I've bought. Many would say I'm wasting money, but I like to spend everything I can on the things I like since, as you say, it provides employment for many.

All the cars prior to my current electric one were petrol, always hated diesel since I've always known how polluting they are. Did have one second hand diesel pickup to do work in a reserve, but that was very low mileage off road, only using less than 40 gallons during its time with me.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Funny you should look for specks of evidence.... Because that is exactly what Apple found. Tiny specks ,ADDED to circuit boards manufactured in China.(Bloomberg oct 2018)
I should point out that report did turned out to be nonsense. That said it could happen and almost certainly already has, it just hasn't been spotted.....yet.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I should point out that report did turned out to be nonsense. That said it could happen and almost certainly already has, it just hasn't been spotted.....yet.
the most logical place to add the extras is to piggy-back a spy chip on top or on the underside of some PGA, seal the lot in ECN and redo the markings. You gain access to the address and data pins for memory dump.
Not many people will notice the extra height.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
the most logical place to add the extras is to piggy-back a spy chip on top or on the underside of some PGA, seal the lot in ECN and redo the markings. You gain access to the address and data pins for memory dump.

I think it’s a big risk for them. Easy enough to do but if they are caught just once then it’s game over. If anything what I heard/read is their major 5g infrastructure is very poor tech which they are looking to upgrade asap. The smaller components are fine by all accounts. I have a Huawei phone and it’s amazing. I’ve had a version of this phone since the p9 came out. Astonishingly good camera. It comes laden with Huawei bloatware but I just find that annoying as opposed to threatening and I’ve shut or deleted most of that anyway.

I found it more worrying we were letting the Chinese have the controls of our Nuclear power stations than let them know my contact list.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
How about a chip in a Bafang motor, it could track your every move and report back to HQ in Shenzhen !

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
By their friends shall ye know them
"The new list of Brexit Party candidates included Claire Fox, a former member of the Revolutionary Communist Party, who said she would be “standing in solidarity” with the Leave voters whose voices “have been traduced and trashed”.
Uncle Vladimir will be pleased.
I wonder what the other people who formed this cozy little party really think of a con man muscling in and taking over?
Typical move by Farage to do no work and and grab the limelight.
Watch a bust up at some point, he has form in that respect.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Watch a bust up at some point, he has form in that respect.
you mean like Claire Fox and Ann Widdecombe pulling each other's hair out?

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
VAT, Pay as you earn, national insurance, property transfers and inheritance tax.

Certainly not much from tax on dividends or set aside assets where the conservative membership keeps their stash.
Ha. You lot are funny.

And pray tell me - where does 'pay as you earn, national insurance, property transfers and inheritance tax' come from?

You're getting there...

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Not all of them, my leccy one run entirely on renewable energy is one of the good guys.

That said I have had 32 cars in my possession in my lifetime. Five second hand, nine new company cars and eighteen new ones I've bought. Many would say I'm wasting money, but I like to spend everything I can on the things I like since, as you say, it provides employment for many.

All the cars prior to my current electric one were petrol, always hated diesel since I've always known how polluting they are. Did have one second hand diesel pickup to do work in a reserve, but that was very low mileage off road, only using less than 40 gallons during its time with me.
Sure - I'm with you on that Flecc - spend money on things you like.

I've had 18 motorcycles and I think 12 cars (no new cars but three new bikes ). I am just about to swap my 04 Mini Cooper for an 06 (supercharged not turbo) Cooper S. Because I love my car but it just needs more oomph (and I am about to go from 116BHP to 170 - looking forward to that).

Happy days.

Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I think we should all go back to living in caves transporting with horses and banning electricity then we won't have any of these problems. And that looks like where we are going if the climate change fascists get their way
Ha. Too right. Try running a blast furnace from a battery.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Nope.. not in the versions I read. Of course the affected companies are going to play down the significance.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
As I said a device with serial data reading capacity, a comparator with a specific string of data and a potential short circuit crowbar can kill any device, and remain dormant for decades

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Ha. You lot are funny.

And pray tell me - where does 'pay as you earn, national insurance, property transfers and inheritance tax' come from?

You're getting there...
most of the tax is paid by those who fall into the 40% band.

Either side (low and high) don't pay much. In an ideal world, accumulated wealth needs to be dispersed much more after death. Hence abolition of inheritance tax is totally unfair to the vast majority.

Here is the stats, the cyan part is PAYE, hugely significant percentage of total tax receipts (£150 billion out of £180 billion last year):

tax.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree

Advertisers