Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's true and if you are correct then well spotted. I would never have guessed they were the same person.
It was the slip with Nicola Sturgeon that did it, near identical expression of his pet hate, and the dates of Tillson suddenly vanishing and 50Hertz arriving clinched it

• Informative
Reactions: Nev and daveboy

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Heckler and Koch are the dogs whatnots .Looking to buy a semi-auto in the next few weeks.
Folk will be loads more polite to you knowing that..
What was it they used to say in Cowboys.
God made man but Colt made men equal. Just a bit more equal with an MP 5.???? Nice one...

• :D
Reactions: flecc and daveboy

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I wasn't aware that was a pre-requisite for posting to this list.

Being able to spell 'actually' however is.

For more clarification on the rules please ask OG.
Plus one is inclined to the opinion that believing one knows what one speaks of is of less importance than actually being factually correct in what one posts.

Again OG can clarify the details.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Plus one is inclined to the opinion that believing one knows what one speaks of is of less importance than actually being factually correct in what one posts.

And when you are utterly incapable of offering a plausible argument in favour of your point of view, you can always fall back on Ad hominem attacks on a convenient target not actually involved in the present exchange
OJ uses this strategem all the time

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

It was a poor effort the first time you used it , but since you have nothing better, no doubt you thought it cute to flog this dead horse again?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How to nobble a President in very few words

"“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.” —Special Counsel Robert Mueller

Faint praise indeed!
Now watch the fun begin!

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
What will we do for comedy after Brexit? look at this
"
‘Height of hypocrisy’: New Brexit Party MEP for northeast England lives in south of France

Former Tory MSP accused of ‘hypocrisy’ for standing on platform to remove free movement

I'm laughing that people were so stupid as to vote for these reprobates!:D

Another comedy contribution
on Twitter

Say what you like about Jeremy Corbyn but he's built a mass movement from scratch, energised a party base, got it back to its true values and made it a power in the land. Unfortunately that party is the Liberal Democrats.

• Agree
Reactions: Nev and Zlatan

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Simple really. Her party wants Scotland to be an autonomous province of a greater EU. A situation we in Ireland fully understand. She also wants England to be another ,if 10 times larger province of the same grand entity.
we don't

Reactions: 50Hertz

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I spent a £10 Scottish note in Lidl last week and the bank where the wife works will change them.my point was would this continue if Scotland was independent? I don't think English banks print their own money, only the bank of England, who use De La rue.
The answer to whether shops will accept non legal tender is yes. If they want to make the sale and have confidence that the note can be exchanged. For decades after RoI had split from the UK, we had the Punt as our currency, and it was pegged at parity with sterling and both currencies were in common usage all over the Island... even by canny "black" protestants in NI.
It is the belief that it secure that has the US dollar used all over the world, where it not legal tender

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
JRM's book on the Victorians not doing too well by the looks of things. Funniest bit in the link shown below was this.

And in the same week in 2003 that he was deposed as Tory leader, Iain Duncan Smith’s novel The Devil’s Tune sold 18 whole copies, a figure so dismal, that it is possible even his mum didn’t buy one.

I read some guy who said ' once you put it down you can't pick it up'

Reactions: Nev

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
When I was a teen ager most of us had air rifles, all of them British made except for one lad that had a German one. I think the make was called Original, and it was either a model 35 or 50 not sure which. The workman ship, accuracy and appearance of the rifle was far superior to all the British air rifles the rest of us had.
I remember having a Diana air rifle. You could see the pellets come out (nearly)

• Agree
Reactions: 50Hertz and Nev

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Their choice, and a bank could accept on a currency value basis, just as they do any currency. Any internationally traded currency is valid everywhere.
read today that businesses etc do not have to accept payment in cash. It is not law in this country although it is in Denmark

Advertisers