Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Rory is out of the leadership contest..
the conservative mantra is: small government and cut taxes.
When a viewer asked last night about tax cuts, Rory Stewart's idea of his future government is more public spending.
No prize for guessing how that went down in conservative associations.
He hung himself with that reply. Not such a good diplomat after all.

• Agree
Reactions: Fingers

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
When a viewer asked last night about tax cuts, Rory Stewart's idea of his future government is more public spending.
Yes, truthful and straightforward answers to direct questions was never going to get him anywhere.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We all know that none of them stood a chance against Johnson anyway, but they've put themselves on the radar for future PM.

If Johnson's time as London Mayor is anything to go by, after a parliamentary term with his cuts, Stewarts policies may be seen as attractive. Remember how unpopular George Osborne's cuts were?

Reactions: Woosh

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
So by the time after pissing around for two months the Tories eventually decide on a leader on 22nd July - everyone will be taking a much needed 5 week summer holiday...

Parliament Recess 20 July 2017– 5 September 2017

Then recess begins for Conferences mid Sept (13th?) till early Oct (8th?)

Lo and behold 31st Oct is upon us!

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Crikey, it does seem to resonate with you and your psychotic friend. The truth hurts, huh?
WTF does this garbage mean. Which truth? What is resonating? WTF are you smoking.
JA is the most insulting poster on forum, (he changed his ID to try and lose his previous incarnation) but to be fair nor far behind flecc these day, and not a word in their direction. Nice one.

Reactions: daveboy and Fingers

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
but am I right in saying that Nicola Sturgeon gas not been elected as an MP, so who has voted for her to lead the party if not the electorate. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I am not entirely sure. But if it is the case could the uk parties do the same and elect say Farage to lead the conservatives or Alistair Campbell to lead Labour. A silly idea I know but do we have a different system or could it happen
You are correct Nicola Sturgeon is not an MP, she is however an MSP for the Glasgow Southside constituency. At the last election to the Scottish Parliament she had 61.4% of the vote on a 47.8% turnout.
The leader of the party with a majority in the Scottish Parliament does not automatically become First Minister.
The First Minister is appointed by royal warrant from the Monarch following a vote by MSPs, all MSPs, not just those of their own party, to nominate the individual.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I'm not saying we should, I'm just pointing out that these debates are a waste of time as only 0.2% of the electorate can affect the outcome.
I would agree with that. I think they are pressurized into them just for the benefit of sky/bbc etc

• Agree
Reactions: wheeler

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Oh, whereas this debate is useful. Irony is wonderful.
It might be.. . While the possibility of even pauline conversions from yourself and fingers and OJ might appear fanciful., Do not assume that this dialogue is not viewed by others..see double negative ,who can discern arguement from tirade. Perhaps not millions , but thousands...
As I have said previously, I will continue until all hope is gone. You know lighting candles instead of cursing the darkness.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
So by the time after pissing around for two months the Tories eventually decide on a leader on 22nd July - everyone will be taking a much needed 5 week summer holiday...

Parliament Recess 20 July 2017– 5 September 2017

Then recess begins for Conferences mid Sept (13th?) till early Oct (8th?)

Lo and behold 31st Oct is upon us!
Absolutely. It was inevitable from the outset that they would **** away the A50 extension granted by the EU. Donald Tusk warned against it within hours of the extension being announced. If the EU gave them another extension, they’d **** that away too because they have no clue as to where they are going or what outcome they want.

Last night, the four remaining PM hopefuls were talking about the EU withdrawal timetable as though they controlled it. They don’t, the EU are in total control of that.

I’m assuming that all of the uncertainty created by our lacklustre, and directionless clowning around is damaging to the EU. It’s probably at a point where it would be better for them to take the hit of us crashing out rather than prolonging the agony. Then we roll the dice and hope that we shake a dozen sixes and win the unknown prize. Anything else is bust.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Do not assume that this dialogue is not viewed by others..see double negative ,who can discern arguement from tirade. Perhaps not millions , but thousands...
Did you have to say that? Fingers will be wetting himself in excitement, we'll never hear the end of it (suitably exaggerated, embellished , distorted and with bells and whistles added)

• :D
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
  • Informative
Reactions: Wicky and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That's why I paid my £2 a month. You could afford £2 a month if you wanted to vote that badly (not you personally Gray - who-ever it was you were responding to).

Sometimes democracy comes at a price.
£2? my god, they must have seen you coming!
You could have rescued a downtrodden Donkey for that sort of money.
Then again, perhaps you have.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: daveboy

Advertisers