Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I really think questions need to be asked about the security levels at the Mansion House speech last night. How was it possible for the protestors to get into a high profile occasion like that?
.. Obviously the security in place knew they were no threat!.
these people are trying to inflict their beliefs on other people against their will. Ok not exactly terrorism but not right either. Why should they think it OK to disrupt other people because of their own warped views.
I am not endorsing their behaviour, Their principles perhaps I have sympathy with, but not their behaviour.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We should let the police shoot the public on sight.
Finally we're making sense.
Slight problem, article 7 of the Police Code of Ethics, Peel Principles, says this, note my bold emphasis:

7. Police, at all times, should maintain a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.

They'd have to shoot themselves first.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think Mark Field’s action was spot on. That idiot woman is lucky she isn’t nursing a broken nose.

In today’s world of terror threats, assaults on political figures and criminal damage to public buildings, the woman could have been intent on any type of serious harm to a large number of people. Unfortunately, you can’t undertake a forensic investigation and dissection of events at the time. You must act as you perceive the threat, and that is what Field did. All the should’ve squad (should’ve done this, should’ve done that) members who are criticising Field, with the benefit of hindsight, are fools and can be disregarded as being irrelevant.

The most disappointing aspect of the whole incident is the fact that Mark Field has apologised and the idiot woman is being given a voice. Why? She should be clutching a charge sheet for a Public Order offence.
She just walked into the room and was assaulted, how you all lost your senses?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Too right. We should let the police shoot the public on sight. Who knows who's carrying a gun. Were a democracy with a right to protest, not North Korea. What he did amounts to assault. She had every right to defend herself (and if I were in her shoes I'd have done him permanent damage)
The woman walked into the room and was assauted by a villain

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
She just walked into the room and was assaulted, how you all lost your senses?
Hardly. She entered a private function with The Chancellor in attendance. Like it or not, politicians are targets for assault and worse, as we saw with Jo Cox. She was a trespasser with an unknown motive who disregarded all attempts to verbally stop her. That is not just walking onto a room.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
An unarmed woman wearing a dress and a sash is a threat?
We know that now. The Westminster Bridge attackers were just a couple of men driving over Westminster Bridge until................... What could have been more innocent than men driving?

It's pi$$ easy to be wise after the event and to sit back and criticise after many more facts are known and in your possession.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: gray198 and Zlatan

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Dangerous nonsense! the man is unfit for his postition
Paul Crowther plead guilty to common assault and got 150 hours community work + £520 fine and compensation paid to Nigel Farage.

Mark Field has already apologised to the lady.
I think we should let the police and the Court do their bit.

Janet Barker said she had made no sudden movements or behaved in any way that could have been construed as physically threatening. “I had a phone and a tiny handbag, which was open and full of leaflets,” she said. “The only thing I was armed with was peer-reviewed science.”

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Hardly. She entered a private function with The Chancellor in attendance. Like it or not, politicians are targets for assault and worse, as we saw with Jo Cox. She was a trespasser with an unknown motive who disregarded all attempts to verbally stop her. That is not just walking onto a room.
You are being ridiculous again.
She was an unarmed woman, does that make you tremble with fear?

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Paul Crowther plead guilty to common assault and got 150 hours community work + £520 fine and compensation paid to Nigel Farage.

Mark Field has already apologised to the lady.
I think we should let the police and the Court do their bit.
Absolutely! the last thing we need is nut jobs trying to bring in vigilanti violence.
After Brexit there will be a volatile situation that only needs a spark to set off violent riots, and on here we have individuals who should know better applauding extreme, even violent behaviour
You should be ashamed of yourselves

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The man acted entirely appropriately. As I've said before, she is very lucky not to be nursing a bruised punanni and clutching a charge sheet.
Why are you suddenly ditching the rule of law? just where do you think that will lead?

• Agree

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
You are being ridiculous again.
She was an unarmed woman, does that make you tremble with fear?
Try to understand, we now know that she was unarmed. How were those present to know that she had not got a weapon concealed? A box cutting knife, a container of acid, slender spike, all easy to conceal.

The killer of Jo Cox had a concealed gun up to the time that he killed her. Are you saying that if her killer had forced his way into a private non public area where she was present, everyone should have stood back until the gun was produced, and it went bang, just to make double sure?

You aren't on planet earth this afternoon.

• Dislike
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Why are you suddenly ditching the rule of law? just where do you think that will lead?
I am advocating the rule of law. The woman committed an offence against the Public Order Act. It should be enforced. IF she is ever charged, under Gender Equality, she is entitled to serve 6 months. She mustn't let the magistrate short change her with a woman's sentence, she should demand the full 6 month man's sentence.

• Agree
Reactions: gray198 and Zlatan

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The man acted entirely appropriately. As I've said before, she is very lucky not to be nursing a bruised punanni and clutching a charge sheet.
this is Mark Field, apparently showing his friendliness to Lucia Hunt, JH's wife.
He is clearly friendly to ladies.

Advertisers