Brexit, for once some facts.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Oh the Subtlety! an accidental Meeting
Jeremy and the film crew meet a punter
Chunt needs a Babel fish instering into an orrice - the chap said he wanted "getting back control of the country whilst still being in Europe. ...put our views forward and keeping our country remaining powerful as we were in the old days."

People like Chris / Chunt need to wake up to reality - as a all the things he wants are mostly mutually exclusive in regards to getting out of Europe and wanting a greater say - and as for reliving our Empire's glory days he needs to read his history books on postwar Britain notably Indian independence , Suez etc...

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
There probably are not enough darkened rooms for all those who feel that way.

(I'd probably have more sympathy for her if there hadn't been so much obvious and public BJ history right out there to act as a warning.)
Oddly, as a remainer, I'm warming to boris ( he's splitting the tories and he isnt even pm yet, what's not to love). In fact I'm warming to our prospects altogether, either may with trousers and a very very very soft brexit or boris the emperor without clothes a series of disastrous faux pas a general election and corbyn.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
"Instering into an orrice"? Is this a new political term I, ve missed?Steam Punk vocabulary? Stanley Unwin?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Chunt needs a Babel fish instering into an orrice - the chap said he wanted "getting back control of the country whilst still being in Europe. ...put our views forward and keeping our country remaining powerful as we were in the old days."

People like Chris / Chunt need to wake up to reality - as a all the things he wants are mostly mutually exclusive in regards to getting out of Europe and wanting a greater say - and as for reliving our Empire's glory days he needs to read his history books on postwar Britain notably Indian independence , Suez etc...
Yep, we should have BJ????
Bring back May... Can you imagine conversation lefties would have got with glass upto her wall? Or more interestingly caravan???

Attachments

• Disagree
Reactions: robdon

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
On the contrary I love it! how hard do you think it is to con Nick Clegg into agreeing to something he is both paid to accept and believes in anyway?
Here is how it can be done, money passed through various and hard to trace routes end up in the pot that Banks and co feed to finance the leave campaign, and end up being spent where it matters.
No one can trace it back..
Come on OJ you need to do better than that.
"the company's vice-president, Sir Nick Clegg, has said." What did you expect him to say?
And if they are so squeaky clean, why the need for more regulation?
Perhaps because he suspects a great deal but can't prove wrongdoing?
Yes it did strike me as putting the fox in charge of the hen-coop.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Not sure about that lads, alikening Clegg to a fox has got to be amongst worst analogies we, ve had. More rabid sheep than fox.
Been obvious from start he was bought but whatever payment was, it was wasted. In his entire life only person thats ever listened to him was his mother. He, s got one of those "oh ffs shut up" voices.
He makes Vince Cable look and sound like a cage fighter.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Not sure about that lads, alikening Clegg to a fox has got to be amongst worst analogies we, ve had. More rabid sheep than fox.
Been obvious from start he was bought but whatever payment was, it was wasted. In his entire life only person thats ever listened to him was his mother. He, s got one of those "oh ffs shut up" voices.
He makes Vince Cable look and sound like a cage fighter.
You're being a tad unfair, he was splendid in "last of the Summer Wine" with that classic line when the others encouraged him to go into a room when Marina was there and he uttered the immortal line

"I'm not going in there, I've seen her frighten Sailors!"

How much more brave and inspirational a speaker could you want? ;)
(Very wise too in that instance)

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This is rather pathetic when it comes to damage limitation

As one reader commented

"Was Boris in charge of mowing the lawn?"

I reckon she is smiling after beating him three times in a row at arm wrestling
Blatantly staged and far too obvious. Something more subtle like walking together and just looking content and relaxed would have been more effective.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Blatantly staged and far too obvious. Something more subtle like walking together and just looking content and relaxed would have been more effective.
You don't have to aim very high to hit an audience of Boris fans right between the eyes, it must be like hunting turkeys.

Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You don't have to aim very high to hit an audience of Boris fans right between the eyes, it must be like hunting turkeys.
But they aren't the ones the PR need to convince. It's the growing tide of anti-Boris people they need to contain and prevent expanding. To do that they need to up their game.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

You old cynic.

That is young love personified. It feels my heart with joy to see these two young sweethearts starting out in the great journey of life together.

I'm minded to pen a sonnet.

• :D
Reactions: oyster and flecc

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
But they aren't the ones the PR need to convince. It's the growing tide of anti-Boris people they need to contain and prevent expanding. To do that they need to up their game.
Relax. Boris will sort everything out. Brexit, the election, poverty, the housing crisis, the environmental stuff, electric cars etc. You name it he'll fix it.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
But did you hear priti Patel, boris' publicist, defend him on today this am? Perhaps it's only not boris' supporters that are thick. She inadvertently buried him with every contrived bs rationalisation of his position.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Relax. Boris will sort everything out. Brexit, the election, poverty, the housing crisis, the environmental stuff, electric cars etc. You name it he'll fix it.

I don't get it J dawg. I know you are a fan boy of his but why?

He has failed at everything he has attempted. Marriage, being a dad. Keeping a job. Tellin the truth. Building bridges. Taking a contract out in someone. He has got by because of his background.

What makes you think he is going to change his spots at 55?

Advertisers