Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
There is nothing stopping them playing five sets except idleness. :)
when did you play a five set match last time?
I don't think they'd last that long.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

I think that would be the problem. The average 5 set game for women would be around seven hours a game. The first round might not end till early July.

And that’s without rain.

• :D
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I must be in minus surely?

Robs head wand must have seen to that.
No, you're showing 33%. But before you start celebrating, these figures include the dislikes, the site lumps them all together.

For most members the dislikes are small minority of the total, but as you say, Rob has wreaked some damage. Yours is probably a true likes figure of half that, much like many of us.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I don’t play tennis. We have women in our running club who regularly run 40 mile Fell Ultra Marathons, with 4 to 5 thousand metres of climbing. Now that’s tough.

Women are capable of 5 set tennis, but they are too idle to play it.

Reactions: Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
the text re-iterates our right to call off 50.
Maybe that should mean that we can still call off A50 after BJ leaves with no deal.
I think that might upset him (couldn't we do that on the quiet and keep it as a surprise?)

Reactions: Woosh

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
No, you're showing 33%. But before you start celebrating, these figures include the dislikes, the site lumps them all together.

For most members the dislikes are small minority of the total, but as you say, Rob has wreaked some damage. Yours is probably a true likes figure of half that, much like many of us.

33% eh?

I am the leader on here in more ways than one then.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
That BJ appears to be following LC is indictment enough of his judgement.

Lynton Crosby lobby firm works with high-sugar drinks brand
Link to product in Australia comes as business partner runs Boris Johnson campaign

The firm run by Lynton Crosby, whose business partner is helping Boris Johnson run his Tory leadership bid, lobbies in Australia on behalf of a major flavoured milk brand that contains more sugar than Coca-Cola, it has emerged.

Last week Johnson announced that as prime minister he would reconsider a tax introduced last year that places a levy on high-sugar drinks. The tax does not cover sugary milk-based drinks but the health secretary, Matt Hancock, has suggested this could happen as a way of tackling childhood obesity.

Johnson’s campaign is being directed by Mark Fullbrook, who co-runs the London company in Crosby’s empire, Crosby Textor Fullbrook Partners (CTFP).

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/05/lynton-crosby-lobby-firm-works-high-sugar-drinks-brand

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Reactions: oyster

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
If the contents of the article I link to in the above post are correct (I don't see why they would not be). Why have MPs not tried to do something about this? Do they not know its going on? Or are they deliberately turning a blind eye to it, because of all the money it brings into London?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
33% eh?

I am the leader on here in more ways than one then.
Afraid not, mine is a genuine 42.7%.

I have the advantage since I always go into the cycling forums first and help in three ways there as necessary. I've been doing that for 13 years and have also written a number of the site's permanent articles. Even quite old posts of mine get Likes as people trawl for answers to a problem.

Coming into this thread is an afterthought to that activity, one that I can jack in at any time.

• :D
Reactions: Fingers

Advertisers