Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Lets see now this so called report in't on headed paper and carries no official documentation references, it looks like a junior clerk knocked it out on a laptop extracting bits at random from the actual report, it in't even aligned properly on the pages , or the text properly formatted and justified.
It looks like something coming out of Dominic Cummings rather than a Government dept.

Time to arrest the Government for not revealing the real report as ordered.
Someone is taking the mickey of the law
OG, they have published the bare bones of the summary worst case in what would be considered an executive summary, and this is all that is needed. They are not presenting the background analysis, the Scottish document is for a different audience. I would say they have complied with the minimum demand . All the sections identified in the Scottish report are listed. They make sufficiently bad reading that even rhe background analysis will not mitigate.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
In all it's Brevity!
Never in the field of Human progress has an impending disaster been so carefully understated using so little detail and so few solutions, and despite that, failed to cover up the catastrophic scale of the problem.
Now give us the REAL and DETAILED report that they must have prepared.

Surely.........................Oh!......................
.. The point here being that this is the threat, not the solutions. And the threat is grim enough.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It is clearly grossly incomplete. I cite one simple example:

16 A small minority of insurance payments from UK insurers into the EU may be delayed.

Do they not think it possible, probable or an odds-on certainty that insurance payments from EU insurers into the UK may be delayed?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The redacted section apparently said:

15. Facing EU tariffs makes petrol exports to the EU uncompetitive. Industry had plans to mitigate the impact on refinery margins and profitability but UK Government policy to set petrol import tariffs at 0% inadvertently undermines these plans.
This leads to significant financial losses and announcement of two refinery closures (and transition to import terminals) and direct job losses (about 2000).
Resulting strike action at refineries would lead to disruptions to fuel availability for 1-2 weeks in the regions directly supplied by the refineries.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The fact that the day of the week is highlighted as an issue rather underscores the knife-edge balance that they are contemplating. If 24 hours is sufficient to raise concern...

It is noted that day one after the expected Halloween exit is a Friday “which may not be to our advantage” and may coincide with the end of the October half-term school holidays.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
OG, they have published the bare bones of the summary worst case in what would be considered an executive summary, and this is all that is needed. They are not presenting the background analysis, the Scottish document is for a different audience. I would say they have complied with the minimum demand . All the sections identified in the Scottish report are listed. They make sufficiently bad reading that even rhe background analysis will not mitigate.
Is that how you read it? how does it comply with this?

"MPs voted 311 to 302 in favour of a so-called "humble address" compelling the government to publish all of the Yellowhammer documents seen by the cabinet or a cabinet committee since 23 July, when Boris Johnson was appointed prime minister.

Frankly I don't think it does....

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Is that how you read it? how does it comply with this?

"MPs voted 311 to 302 in favour of a so-called "humble address" compelling the government to publish all of the Yellowhammer documents seen by the cabinet or a cabinet committee since 23 July, when Boris Johnson was appointed prime minister.

Frankly I don't think it does....

You are funny. For someone of such.... experience....you aren't very wise. It's the oldest political trick in the book.

Float the absolute worst. Leak utter horror stories. Then when the actual report does come out it's never quite as bad as you have imagined.

I mean the report isn't good. Gibraltar are in for a hammering. But they are used to the whims of the Spanish anyway. But it's no worse than anything being said already.

I bet you used to get so excited for Christmas that come the actual day you were so spent the whole day was a let down.

Chin up G unit.

It's never as bad as it seems.

• Disagree

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
You are funny. For someone of such.... experience....you aren't very wise. It's the oldest political trick in the book.

Float the absolute worst. Leak utter horror stories. Then when the actual report does come out it's never quite as bad as you have imagined.

I mean the report isn't good. Gibraltar are in for a hammering. But they are used to the whims of the Spanish anyway. But it's no worse than anything being said already.

I bet you used to get so excited for Christmas that come the actual day you were so spent the whole day was a let down.

Chin up G unit.

Very often, what gets discussed, though based on leaks, actually gets exaggerated. In this case, I think the official document reads in many ways worse.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Very often, what gets discussed, though based on leaks, actually gets exaggerated. In this case, I think the official document reads in many ways worse.

Your mate disagrees. He wanted more destruction and devastation.

He seems angrier than usual there is no mention of mass rapes and baby eating.

• Disagree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Fingers you made a good start today in telling us about the release of the document. Whould it be too much to stay on topic?.
Consider this was an attempt to REALISTICALLY factor in the potential problems that would occur in the first couple of days. It was not intended as a scare story.
Now the UK will certainly survive , but was that the objective? It is grim reading, and people will die as a consequence of a crash out Brexit,. Survival is not Thriving.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Chin up G unit.

Fingers , are you incapable of making a post without showing how juvenile you are?
You are simply repeating the point I made and trying to be clever in the process, as usual it hasn't worked
We know all about the "oldest political trick in the book" and pointed that out and still you got it wrong
They have flouted the law and believe they have got away with it by releasing what was already leaked .
Nothing new at all
Try to keep up, and be a good boy.

• Agree
Reactions: wheeler

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Fingers the law requires they release all documents, they have not.
Understand?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Having read the project Yellowhammer release and detected nothing related to planning I read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Yellowhammer
here is an extract
"Operation Yellowhammer is the codename used by the UK Treasury for cross-government civil contingency planning for the possibility of a no-deal Brexit.[1][2][3] In the event of exit with no-deal, the UK's unilateral departure from the EU could disrupt, for an unknown duration, many aspects of the relationship between the UK and European Union, including financial transfers, movement of people, trade, customs and other regulations.[4] Operation Yellowhammer is intended to mitigate, within the UK, the effects of this disruption,[2] and would be expected to run for approximately three months.[5] It has been developed by the Civil Contingencies Secretariat (CCS), a department of the Cabinet Office responsible for emergency planning.

So where is the planning?

• Informative

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Fake news time in the Express
"
Yellowhammer report: Sensitive documents released – but Remainers are left ‘disappointed’
THE GOVERNMENT has published Operation Yellowhammer documents that detail plans put in place by the Government in the event of a no deal Brexit.

What plans? there are on plans in the released report! and why shouldn't leavers be disappointed too, now it has been revealed that the Government refuses to reveal it's plans preferring to flout the law that it has to reveal them?
or could it be there aren't any?
This paper is assuming leavers are too thick to see the implication of no plans.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
:) They might have used some sort of tape. But I think it possible to get pretty good lines with a wide felt tip.
Here's a bit more on the Yellowhammer document

Scanned at 15:50 and Edited afterwards too at 17:01

Knocked together in haste when someone panicked at the last moment and here is why

Rosamund Urwin

@RosamundUrwin

What's different about the new Yellowhammer document that the government has just published compared with the one I got hold of last month? The heading. What did the version I had say? BASE SCENARIO Now what does the new one say? HMG Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions

Last edited:
  • Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Here's a bit more on the Yellowhammer document

Scanned at 15:50 and Edited afterwards too at 17:01

Knocked together in haste when someone panicked at the last moment and here is why

Rosamund Urwin
@RosamundUrwin

What's different about the new Yellowhammer document that the government has just published compared with the one I got hold of last month? The heading. What did the version I had say? BASE SCENARIO Now what does the new one say? HMG Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions
Did anyone notice the personal data transfer issue - which might not be resolved for years? And any steps towards resolution are likely to no-one's satisfaction.

• Agree

Advertisers