Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Poor Boris, he seems to have a special talent for making the wrong decisions, and his latest of going with Huawei will enrage his would be owner too.
Amazing how a man can misjudge a situation so often and so thoroughly as he does, and all because Huawei come cheap.
And then there is this
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/jacob-rees-mogg-is-deleting-tweets-referencing-a-bad-brexit-deal-1-6486756
With just days until the UK is due to leave the European Union under such a deal, Brexiteers are scrambling to rewrite history. Or at least on their social media accounts.

Twitter account @deletedbyMPs has noted an increase in a removal of Jacob Rees-Mogg's tweets (and subsequent retweets by fellow Tory MPs) of anything that advocated a no-deal Brexit to prevent leaving on a 'bad deal'.

Such gems to be removed from his Twitter account include: "People did not vote for a deal. They voted to Leave. #CleanBrexit", "releasing ourselves from the failed EU economic project is a real economic boom. #CleanBrexit" and "no deal is still better than a bad deal."

Rees-Mogg has also recently removed tweets surrounding "Project Fear" - notably the "collapse" of it in relation to delays at Calais.

Do not despair! nothing is ever lost on the internet

Politwoops! Deleted politicians tweets

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There's a comma missing, can this lot not even get the simplest of things right?
They are incurably incompetent which doesn't bode well for the coming negotiations.
The goods are not intended for sale to customers "smarter than the average bear" as Yogi might say. :cool:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Boris is already struggling.
"
Boris Johnson forced to retreat on false claim life expectancy gap between rich and poor is narrowing under the Tories
And
Plan for Australian-style immigration system rejected
And
Boris Johnson news – live: PM risks wrath of Trump by approving Huawei 5G role
And of course
Brexit: Boris Johnson’s hopes of US trade deal rest on progress in EU talks, warns Mnuchin

Boris has proved that he isn't just incompetent, he's quicker at making bad decisions than the average incompetent politician

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
You might question why I go via Sprucefield to Craigavon, but the roads are just so poor, even the A1 is frightening, with its intersections.
Yes, Craigavon is the most awkward place to get to, takes me 25mins from off the A1 but that`s cross country - nice park there around the lakes for the bike though.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Boris is already struggling.
"
Boris Johnson forced to retreat on false claim life expectancy gap between rich and poor is narrowing under the Tories
And
Plan for Australian-style immigration system rejected
And
Boris Johnson news – live: PM risks wrath of Trump by approving Huawei 5G role
And of course
Brexit: Boris Johnson’s hopes of US trade deal rest on progress in EU talks, warns Mnuchin

Boris has proved that he isn't just incompetent, he's quicker at making bad decisions than the average incompetent politician
"I'm incompetenter than the av-er-age bear!"

I simply can't read past Mnuchin without seeing Munchkin. Surely I am not alone?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I didn't notice anyone post about the great fund raising effort:
Brexit: Big Ben bongs fundraising appeal closes
  • 27 January 2020
Campaigners have officially ended a crowdfunding appeal which was raising money to make Big Ben's bell ring to mark Brexit day.

The StandUp4Brexit group says the £272,000 raised will instead go to veterans' charity Help for Heroes.

They say efforts to persuade House of Commons authorities to accept the donation have been "unsuccessful".

Big Ben is being renovated and the total cost of getting the bell working by Friday had been put at £500,000.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51271287

Even here, they blame the HoC authorities rather than their inability to raise the required amount.

Reactions: oldgroaner

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
While the new departure date has been known since October, when the prime minister grudgingly sent the EU an unsigned letter to comply with a backbench-instigated bill mandating a new extension, it seems Conservative central office has not planned its memorabilia in time. Small print under each item says: “Please note: delivery of our Got Brexit Done collection will begin week commencing 10th February.”

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
lol, you really are taking this bad,
so pray tell, wise sage, just for the simpletons on here where indeed you would put your comma??!!
After the penultimate item in a list of three or more.
What do you think I am "taking bad", from a personal point of view I don't think I've ever been happier.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
"I'm incompetenter than the av-er-age bear!"
I simply can't read past Mnuchin without seeing Munchkin. Surely I am not alone?
I simply can`t read past"maybe if you buy supermarket frsh chicken. But it simply won't say on menus." without thinking incompetence, surely i am not alone?

heh-heh-heh!

ps. and comma is not needed in that context, do your reserch!

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I simply can`t read past"maybe if you buy supermarket frsh chicken. But it simply won't say on menus." without thinking incompetence, surely i am not alone?

heh-heh-heh!

ps. and comma is not needed in that context, do your reserch!
Typo now corrected.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
It`s NO CHECKS...So what do you say now Mr Barnier.... it`s put up or shut up

Cabinet Minister Michael Gove has said the government will ensure NI businesses will have "unfettered access" to the UK market after Brexit.

He met the leaders of all the devolved regions in Cardiff on Tuesday.

First Minister Arlene Foster and Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill raised concerns about the possibility of checks on goods crossing the Irish Sea.

Speaking after the meeting, Mr Gove told BBC News NI: "We will make sure that the unfettered access that we want to have for goods circulating within the UK is absolutely protected.
"We will be in the UK customs union and we will be legislating to ensure unfettered access and we will deliver that," he said.

Good news for businesses in N.Ireland and indeed in the rest of the UK.

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
if we don't want to stop contraband coming to the UK via Belfast then there is nothing Mr Barnier can do.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Cabinet Minister Michael Gove has said the government will ensure NI businesses will have "unfettered access" to the UK market after Brexit.

First Minister Arlene Foster and Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill raised concerns about the possibility of checks on goods crossing the Irish Sea.

Speaking after the meeting, Mr Gove told BBC News NI: "We will make sure that the unfettered access that we want to have for goods circulating within the UK is absolutely protected.
"We will be in the UK customs union and we will be legislating to ensure unfettered access and we will deliver that," he said.

And you believe GOVE?
Now I've heard everything! o_O
No wonder you voted for Brexit.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Even better news for unscrupulous EU operators bringing legitimate goods into Cork for onwards shipping to Manchester, via Belfast

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Even better news for unscrupulous EU operators bringing legitimate goods into Cork for onwards shipping to Manchester, via Belfast
Indeed, the UK has a record of good compliance with the rules, as our fishermen can testify. Not so many EU countries, I don't think the Italians have or know a word for rules and we all know how strictly VW complied with the emission rules.

I see EU companies being the big winners if there really is open access from N.I.

Advertisers