Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There's so much variation between people where such risks are concerned. As a youngster through the 1940s I was very much into making things but wood was in short supply with it being needed so much in the war effort. But sheet asbestos was quite plentiful for some reason so I often used that. There was a little safety advice, namely wet the path of the saw cut with water, but because that tended to clog the saw I never did to get faster cuts. And then I joined the motor trade as an apprentice mechanic and never took and precautions against brake dust, and I've even used sheet asbestos more recently a number of times in DIY.

Yet despite all that exposure I'm still ok far into old age, while others seem to suffer after minimal exposure. Maybe my 40 years of smoking from the age of 11 with the latter 15 years at a minimum of 60 cigarettes a day has protected me!
Has the thought not occurred that we are all actually dead already and simply haunting the place?
This would explain some of the comments my doctor makes such as
we seem to have run out of options, and I haven’t got a flu injection for you, you’re not on the list
Has anyone else encountered this?

gw8izr

Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Has the thought not occurred that we are all actually dead already and simply haunting the place?
This would explain some of the comments my doctor makes such as
we seem to have run out of options, and I haven’t got a flu injection for you, you’re not on the list
Has anyone else encountered this?
How do you get to see a doctor then? I've heard of them but never managed to get to see one....

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Did you see that the South Koreans are disinfecting the Streets?
Progressive that"
One wonders how many North Korea have shot so far. (or bussed over the border)

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think it's time for China to cash in on this unexpected business opportunity
After Gifting the Corona Virus on the world they could follow up with

Coro19 Survivors Club 2020 T shirts.
Books written in Quarantine on a cruise ship
Door plaques: "XX Victims inside" along the lines of computer "Intel inside sticker"

And perhaps, especially for the UK
"Don't Blame China, this is all an EU plot?"

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Something to cheer up you prophets of doom. It turned out nice:

• :D
Reactions: flecc

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Your homework for the weekend:

Type into Google "Britain is warming up twice as fast as the rest of the world", then do it for Canada, Australia, USA, China, Singapore, the Artic, the North Sea, Russia, then Europe. Notice a pattern? If they're all warming up twice as fast as the rest of the world, where is the tiny rest of the world that must be getting bloody cold? Is it in the bag of peas I just put in my freezer?

How is it that all those credited sources can get away with writing those articles?

See if you can find a country that isn't warming up faster than anywhere else.

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Your homework for the weekend:

Type into Google "Britain is warming up twice as fast as the rest of the world", then do it for Canada, Australia, USA, China, Singapore, the Artic, the North Sea, Russia, then Europe. Notice a pattern? If they're all warming up twice as fast as the rest of the world, where is the tiny rest of the world that must be getting bloody cold? Is it in the bag of peas I just put in my freezer?

How is it that all those credited sources can get away with writing those articles?

See if you can find a country that isn't warming up faster than anywhere else.
Its from the same school of mathematics which gives all colleges a better than average weighting.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
(Manufacturer alone having access is simply not acceptable. Imagine Huawei being in control and, for whatever reason, refusing to co-operate.)
that happens with Cisco routers. Most of the internet is built with them. Cisco do not let anyone outside the company have a look inside their routers' OS.
With Huawei, we have the source code, we can inspect, modify and run whatever we like from kernel level up, on their hardware.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Something to cheer up you prophets of doom. It turned out nice:
Though not everyone is convinced of the meaning of the figures:

Flash estimates for the UK’s manufacturing sector showed output hit its highest level in 10 months with PMI coming in at 51.9. However, some analysts noted that increased delivery times which were factored the data actually amount to a “false signal on strength”

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Though not everyone is convinced of the meaning of the figures:

Flash estimates for the UK’s manufacturing sector showed output hit its highest level in 10 months with PMI coming in at 51.9. However, some analysts noted that increased delivery times which were factored the data actually amount to a “false signal on strength”
Someone is clutching at straws to justify Brexit again

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and flecc

Advertisers