Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
This shows how distorted your view is. I've hardly been in here for some while and my posting frequency in this thread for some while doesn't begin to compare with OG's.

In fact I've been posting extensively in the pedelecs cycling forums for some while now, not that you'd notice the 10 times today and 17 times yesterday.
Oh, so you come in here to have a go at me when I moan about a bloke who has helped cause this mess, led labour into oblivion and advises more of same. Yet, by your own admission never a word against OG and his thousands of anti BJ posts? That sums up your bias.
Just explain at what point any manager would play a keeper with broken legs over another who is only averagely competent. Corbyn and Labour are the keeper with broken legs.No matter what Boris does Labour as they stand will never ever get in power. And you support that. I want change, to get it Labour must. Fact. Keep bitching and moaning about BJ, and advocate Labour stick to outdated ideology and we will keep Tories for forseeable future.
All the anti Tory rhetoric is utterly futile whilst we have no alternative. Until folk wake upto this reality things will not change.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
All the anti Tory rhetoric is utterly futile whilst we have no alternative.
there is a simple thing that the tories can do that will make me vote for them again: stop cutting taxes!
Stop cutting taxes for the basic rate and add a new band of tax on those who earn more than £150k a year. Put back CT to 30% and introduce a mansion tax of 1% of the value of properties worth more than £2 millions.
That will restore some sanity.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
It’s just been announced that The Prime Minister is to become a father for the n+1 th time. (Where n, a positive integer, is yet to be determined).

I wonder how long he will stick around before binning this one off?
No.10 is practically implementing its eugenics experiments to repopulate the nation post Cornavirus with a next generation classy cornflake once the old crusty conservatives have gone to compost...

Tory MP claims Hyde Park will be coronavirus morgue

Reactions: oldgroaner

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Oh, so you come in here to have a go at me when I moan about a bloke who has helped cause this mess, led labour into oblivion and advises more of same. Yet, by your own admission never a word against OG and his thousands of anti BJ posts? That sums up your bias.
Just explain at what point any manager would play a keeper with broken legs over another who is only averagely competent. Corbyn and Labour are the keeper with broken legs.No matter what Boris does Labour as they stand will never ever get in power. And you support that. I want change, to get it Labour must. Fact. Keep bitching and moaning about BJ, and advocate Labour stick to outdated ideology and we will keep Tories for forseeable future.
All the anti Tory rhetoric is utterly futile whilst we have no alternative. Until folk wake upto this reality things will not change.
Moan for the umpteenth time with the same old rhetoric.

Yes I did come in then exactly to counter your post, can't you see the irony? That it was you who caused me to come in then, my entry you then moaned about.

As I've said, I only take a glance at this thread these days to see its trend in relation to the current news developments. Otherwise I stay in the pedelec cycling forums or elsewhere, as Woosh does too.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Of course I'm biassed, I have every reason to be, and don't forget my anti Brexit posts too, the problem is, these "winners " don't seem to realise this is their jolly mess they've gotten us into, and they deserve all they get, but we don't, and for some reason I have an awkward habit or reminding them.

"Behold the reality you've created"
Now you want to blame someone else for it?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And 99.99% of it ignored. My grandson's emails to his mates no doubt get monitored. You claiming GCHQ and other spooks watch /read this thread is hyperbole on your part. Along similar lines to your million readers.... There are probably 10.
Did I say that they read this thread?
No, you said that, didn't you?
This is what I posted
Feeling grumpy, are you?
You omitted to mention our fans at GCHQ and Menwith Hill
They wont be pleased :cool:

And as I pointed out it was a joke
Look up the word joke and try to understand the meaning

Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It’s just been announced that The Prime Minister is to become a father for the n+1 th time. (Where n, a positive integer, is yet to be determined).

I wonder how long he will stick around before binning this one off?
He is implementing one of Cummings dictats
practicing EU-genics himself :rolleyes:

• :D
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Think I'll train as a lawyer.

Probate lawyer. Should be in demand.
Nah, go for the big money
Undertaker....just watch the price of funerals soar this spring!
But I'm going to be a big winner like Zlatan was with Brexit.
Our funerals are already paid for.

That is of course it we don't end up in a mass grave, in which case I shall demand a refund...posthumously.. :cool:

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The government paid for incineration of 4.4 million cattle during the BSE crisis. If the scale is as bad as some fear, I think they will have to handle the funeral side. Just the logistics of the job probably mean our local parlours won't be able to manage even a small percentage.

Last edited:
  • Agree

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Nah, go for the big money
Undertaker....just watch the price of funerals soar this spring!
But I'm going to be a big winner like Zlatan was with Brexit.
Our funerals are already paid for.

That is of course it we don't end up in a mass grave, in which case I shall demand a refund...posthumously.. :cool:
Put the right clause in your will and the probate lawyer wins. Again. And they don't have to actually deal with anything other than bits of paper.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
What I'm finding hard to understand is why the Government isn't announcing an unlimited investment in finding a cure for Covid 19
Surely this is the best possible use for public money imaginable?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
What I'm finding hard to understand is why the Government isn't announcing an unlimited investment in finding a cure for Covid 19
Surely this is the best possible use for public money imaginable?
With a different government, I might have thought that things were happening behind the scenes (possibly kept secret for good reasons). But, right now, I simply don't think they are that competent.

I know that in my little niche of interest and involvement in disease/medicine, there have been supply issues for some time. Could some manufacturing resources be being diverted to covid-19 medicines? Of course a possibility, but the shortages were happening before anyone knew of covid-19. And have only got worse.

There are four manufacturers of the medicine I care most about. Three are manufactured in the UK and all of these have supply issues. One has a considerable presence here in the UK, but their product is manufactured in Croatia. And appears the only one that is always available.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Claim: ‘A vaccine could be ready within a few months’
Scientists were quick out of the gates in beginning development of a vaccine for the new coronavirus, helped by the early release of the genetic sequence by Chinese researchers. The development of a viable vaccine continues apace, with several teams now testing candidates in animal experiments. However, the incremental trials required before a commercial vaccine could be rolled out are still a lengthy undertaking – and an essential one to ensure that even rare side-effects are spotted. A commercially available vaccine within a year would be quick.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The question I have asked on Twitter is this

Why hasn't Boris announced we are to spend Billions on finding a Cure for Novavirus?

We seem to have a very negative attitude to what is after all an INVASION
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1249247/Coronavirus-boris-Johnson-warning-disease
Coronavirus: Boris Johnson vows to beat killer virus ‘We’ll get through it!'
BORIS Johnson unveils his coronavirus battle plan today, vowing: "This country will get through it - and beat it."

As in beat it by dying in droves? that isn't fighting in my eyes!
That is being defeated and retreating.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster

Advertisers