Brexit, for once some facts.

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
Anyone fancy a new job? Have you got secretarial skills?

Priti Patel has come under increased pressure to resign as home secretary as another bullying allegation emerged just hours after the Cabinet Office launched a formal inquiry into claims she had mistreated her permanent secretary.

In claims reported by the BBC, the embattled minister was accused of shouting at a former aide with “unprovoked aggression” before removing her from her job.

The aide received a £25,000 government payout after a threatened lawsuit in which Patel was named, the report said, adding that Patel was accused of shouting at the aide to “get lost” and “get out of her face”.

We are committed to doing all we can to protect the public (so long as they are not my underlings) & keep dangerous terrorist offenders off our streets and and push honest decent civil servants out onto the streets.
Don't get me wrong, I think she's a cockwomble but is there anybody on here that hasn't been shouted at by a boss at sometime ?

Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Given the cancellations of many flights, we may need to be aware of the amount of cargo that is carried even on passenger flights. I predict that air cargo will be severely impacted.

BA, EasyJet and Ryanair cancelled hundreds of flights, ruining the plans of thousands of travellers;

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Don't get me wrong, I think she's a cockwomble but is there anybody on here that hasn't been shouted at by a boss at sometime ?
If Jim at the local garage shouts at apprentice Sue for something, that is, as you imply, fairly normal.

If Jim, head of an organisation of thousands, shouts at Fred for something it suggests they do not have the necessary self-control to perform their role. Someone in a major role has to be able to manage themselves. Their ability to command respect and dedication from the rest of the staff is undermined. And anyone else who is aware will have started recording every incident, however minor, in detail for when they get called out.

It is not as if she could not have had a quiet word to the senior civil servant and said that she did not want that person working for her.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
ME, in the company I worked for displeasure what shown by a notice on the board announcing
Mr or Mrs X has chosen to pursue a career outside the Corporation
We thank them for their loyal service.. :D
This usually preceded a confirmatory letter by a few days...

Last edited:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
In the Daily Mail
"
'Billion-pound' UK battle plan: Boris Johnson's dramatic coronavirus clampdown could see suspected sufferers detained on entry, 'no-go zones' and an army of NHS volunteers called up to treat 'mass epidemic'

With Boris Johnson (bottom, addressing the crisis last night) warning of a 'mass epidemic', officials are urgently trying to speed up the six-month process of becoming a hospital volunteer. Helpers could be asked to feed patients, ferry them around wards or deliver medicines. The move is expected to be in a dramatic battle plan to be unveiled this morning.

So our battle plan consists of tending to the dying.......
With Volunteers who are "called up"
And where are they to be found, nad who has the time to train them?

Taking back control, but not as we know it
Not a good start Boris this is all too obvious BS

The readers comments are scathing!
......and who is going to look after the volunteers when they contract the virus because everything has been done on the cheap, including providing adequate protection for those who do volunteer?

• Agree

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I'm at Manchester airport waiting for a flight to Florida. I've just seen a man sneeze and I am about to make a citizens arrest. Can somebody contact Matt Hancock and ask him what I do next?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Many years ago, as a temporary job, I worked in a hospital.

Until fairly shortly before I started, rooms that had been used by infectious cases (all sorts of things - just what you would expect in a general hospital) were cleaned by spraying everything with a pink/red liquid that I think was called Resiguard (or something like that). Unlike alcohol, it left a film which killed all the bugs into the future. Unlike phenolic, it did not burn out noses and help to destroy almost everything it touched.

Trouble was, they then looked at its real-world use and found that it supported teeming colonies of bugs. Worse than dilute washing-up liquid. Hence it being abandoned.

Shows how easy it is to think we are doing the right things but later find out they were wrong. I really hope they don't find what is being done now turns out to be as wrong as that spray.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
......and who is going to look after the volunteers when they contract the virus because everything has been done on the cheap, including providing adequate protection for those who do volunteer?
Reminds me...

"Volunteers"

Look what's happening out in the streets
Got a revolution
Got to revolution
Hey I'm dancing down the streets
Got a revolution
Got to revolution
Ain't it amazing all the people I meet
Got a revolution
Got to revolution
One generation got old
One generation got soul
This generation got no destination to hold
Pick up the cry
Hey now it's time for you and me
Got a revolution
Got to revolution
Come on now we're marching to the sea
Got a revolution
Got to revolution
Who will take it from you
We will and who are we
We are volunteers of America

Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Can someone post the lyrics to Happy Birthday please. I’m asking for a friend.
Only just. Wouldn't want to have risked being sued...

The copyright expired in the European Union on January 1, 2017.

(I wonder if anyone in HMG even momentarily considered whether there was extant copyright before issuing that "advice"? My immediate reaction is, not a chance.)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Can someone post the lyrics to Happy Birthday please. I’m asking for a friend.
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear (name)
Happy Birthday to you.

From good friends and true,
From old friends and new,
May good luck go with you,
And happiness too.

How old are you now?
How old are you now?
How old, How old
How old are you now?

• :D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Many years ago, as a temporary job, I worked in a hospital.

Until fairly shortly before I started, rooms that had been used by infectious cases (all sorts of things - just what you would expect in a general hospital) were cleaned by spraying everything with a pink/red liquid that I think was called Resiguard (or something like that). Unlike alcohol, it left a film which killed all the bugs into the future. Unlike phenolic, it did not burn out noses and help to destroy almost everything it touched.

Trouble was, they then looked at its real-world use and found that it supported teeming colonies of bugs. Worse than dilute washing-up liquid. Hence it being abandoned.

Shows how easy it is to think we are doing the right things but later find out they were wrong. I really hope they don't find what is being done now turns out to be as wrong as that spray.
I have a cunning plan
Use petrol
If it doesn't work
Apply a lit match
That's guaranteed to work! :cool:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Boris Johnson has said it is “highly likely” the number of coronavirus cases in the UK will rise but the ‘overwhelming majority of people’ will ‘speedily and fully recover’ from the virus. (via
@lbcnews
)
oldgroaner@oldgroaner

Replying to
@LBC
and
@LBCNews
And half a million can't complain

Reactions: Woosh

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Blond liar in chief visited a hospital and shook hands with everybody
What kind on an idiot ignores the advice he gives to the public?

• Agree
Reactions: Wicky and oyster

Advertisers