From good friends and true,
From old friends and new,
May good luck go with you,
And happiness too.

How old are you now?
How old are you now?
How old, How old
How old are you now?
Sod it, Boris says I’ve got to sing that twice or else I’ll die of Coronavirus. I only thought it was one verse long, not three. He didn’t say anything about three verses in the briefing. He’s done me over, again! That’s three times in a row now.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sod it, Boris says I’ve got to sing that twice or else I’ll die of Coronavirus. I only thought it was one verse long, not three. He didn’t say anything about three verses in the briefing. He’s done me over, again! That’s three times in a row now.
No, just sing the familiar first verse, Boris doesn't know there are three since it takes the whole quoted 20 seconds to sing the first one alone. All three would take over a minute, leaving the skin on your hands raw with scrubbing.

The only way Boris would know all three verses is if they were in Latin.

Last edited:

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
If the effects of the virus turn out to be anywhere close to the Governments worse case scenario do you think its likely the transition period will be extended? I don't see how the UK and the EU would have the band width to carry out detailed trade negotiations while dealing with what could be a major health situation.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
If the effects of the virus turn out to be anywhere close to the Governments worse case scenario do you think its likely the transition period will be extended? I don't see how the UK and the EU would have the band width to carry out detailed trade negotiations while dealing with what could be a major health situation.
There are 500 million people in the EU so yes a full treaty could be done in the time available. The treaty and first Irish Constitution was negotiated between February 1922 and October 1922. And passed and agreed by both the Irish Dail, and the UK parliament, within that time frame. ..And there was a lot more bad faith floating around then.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Will the government guarantee that all public employees - military, NHS, police, fire, civil service, etc. - who are, or their partners are, expecting babies will get paternity and maternity leave (as appropriate)?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There are 500 million people in the EU so yes a full treaty could be done in the time available. The treaty and first Irish Constitution was negotiated between February 1922 and October 1922. And passed and agreed by both the Irish Dail, and the UK parliament, within that time frame. ..And there was a lot more bad faith floating around then.
You're ignoring an important fact

Our negotiators and government are all gibbering baboons, and incompetent ones at that

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/arron-banks-coup-at-idodine-maker-1-6542357

When I see headlines like this the significance of the casualty rate of 1% for Coronavirus, takes on a new relevance, and the Engineer inside me wonders whether it could be perhaps fitted with a guidance system to target the 1% that causes all our problems!
Thank you. The thyroid sufferers might be deeply concerned at that. So I have posted it on.

(Not that taking iodine is something to do without proper research and testing. Far too complex and lots of tripwires.)

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The world has changed so much 'twixt then and now I don't think that experience has any relevance now.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
fortunately cummings have things under control

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This man asks a pertinent question!
"The Prime Minister said: "I'm shaking hands continually. I was at a hospital the other night where there were a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody." WHICH HOSPITAL COULD THIS POSSIBLY BE?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
  • Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
https://twitter.com/oldgroaner

The New European

@TheNewEuropean

·
3h

Tory MP suggests workers may need to work longer hours to solve Brexit shortages

Tory MP suggests workers may need to work longer hours to tackle post-Brexit staffing shortages
A Tory MP has called for the government to review the EU's working time directive after Brexit to fill labour shortages.
theneweuropean.co.uk

oldgroaner@oldgroaner
·
29s

Replying to
@TheNewEuropean
On the credit side Mark Francois has been hogging the limelight as member for the idiot fringe and now he has some competition

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Scarey if not predictable OG

"This was always the end game for them," said Calum Carson. "The opportunity to use Brexit to dilute employment rights."

"Work yourself to death for Brexit!" tweeted @irritatedllama. "That wasn't on the side of the big red lying bus!"

Last edited:

Advertisers