Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the Daily Mirror

Corona virus plan

Coronavirus plan: Troops on streets, police ignore minor crime and a fifth off work
The government has admitted there could be 'some increase in deaths' while one in five of all employees could be be absent from work during peak weeks. Health chiefs have published a 27-page document setting out measures to contain a major pandemic

Some things are better not said, and one that will bite these clowns in the butt is
"Ignore minor crime"
Was this another load of crap from Cummings?
Even if this is the intent, you should not, if you have even half a brain publicise the fact that this is open season for criminals to prey upon the public.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Filled up my car today. 116.9 per litre - the cheapest in something like three years.

If the world economy is suffering and people are staying at home, perhaps it will drop even further?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the Telegraph
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2020/03/03/will-have-coronavirus-vaccine-human-trials-begin-april/
When will we have a coronavirus vaccine? Human trials to begin in April
Labs around the world are racing to produce a coronavirus vaccine which could stop the disease in its tracks
And in the Express there appears to be a different solution approaching
Asteroid warning: NASA tracks a 4KM killer rock on approach - Could end human civilisation
AN ASTEROID capable of ending human civilisation if it hits will approach our planet in April, NASA's asteroid trackers have confirmed.
By SEBASTIAN KETTLEY

My goodness! on April 29th
That's my Birthday......how utterly appropriate.....always wanted to go out with a bang! :cool:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Another fine example of leadership:

Majority of retired NHS staff don't want to return to tackle Covid-19 crisis

Some former workers say going back would threaten their mental and physical health

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/04/majority-of-retired-nhs-staff-dont-want-to-return-to-tackle-covid-19-crisis

Check that the members of the government can still walk...

Nursie: Another good idea. You’re so clever today, you’d better make sure your foot doesn’t fall off.
Queenie: Is that what happens when you have good ideas? Your foot falls off.
Nursie: Oh yes! My brother had this brilliant idea of cutting his toenails with a scythe, and his foot fell off!

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
One, twice, three times a ...

Priti Patel accused of bullying a third senior civil servant
Whitehall sources claim she ‘harassed and belittled’ staff while international development secretary

A Tory source told the programme that members of the civil service were attacking Patel because they were trying to scupper government plans for immigration and the police. “Dark forces are trying to influence the findings of a cabinet office inquiry,” the source said.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/03/dominic-cummings-fostering-culture-of-bullying-says-labour

And I say unto the Tory source, "Look inside yourself, do you not see your own heart of darkness?"

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

Some former workers say going back would threaten their mental and physical health
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/04/majority-of-retired-nhs-staff-dont-want-to-return-to-tackle-covid-19-crisis

Nursie: Another good idea. You’re so clever today, you’d better make sure your foot doesn’t fall off.
Nursie: Oh yes! My brother had this brilliant idea of cutting his toenails with a scythe, and his foot fell off!
Once upon a time I worked in the nhs, having corvid 19 may well be preferable

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Couldn't help chuckling at this news:

E10 petrol: UK to standardise higher ethanol blend
Government says ‘cleaner’ fuel will help cut carbon dioxide emissions before electric cars become the norm

E10 doesn't half LOOK like an EU designation - though it is just expressing 10% ethanol.

But, as we are so wanting to take back control and set our own standards, why not go for E9¾ (for Harry Potter fans) or E13¾ (for Adrian Mole aficionados)?

• :D
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020

Is this any surprise. Governments take a group of people such as health service workers, shat all over them by throttling their pay, reducing their pension benefits and degrading their employment conditions. The government then ask them if they will help them out because they’ve mis-managed things. Guess what response they are going to get?

How insulting too to value these people’s skills at £0 / hour, whilst simultaneously valuing their own contribution at tens of thousands. If they want these people back, pay them £50 / hour, tax free.

Advertisers