Brexit, for once some facts.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
I’m watching a programme on C4 about Coronavirus. They’ve just shown the Wet Market in China where the virus is thought to have started.

Good grief, the filthy little bastards. They behave like animals. I’m only surprised the dirty ***** haven’t started more pandemics.
Patient Zero? Ms Wei Guixian, 57, shrimp seller at the Wuhan Seafood Wholesale Market in China was the first person found with Coronavirus-19.

https://www.thepaper.cn/newsDetail_forward_6681256

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Truly this man is a danger to the nation
In the Telegraph
Boris Johnson kept illness a secret until coronavirus diagnosis was confirmed
Prime Minister is now self-isolating in No 11 and will have his meals and government papers brought to him

So the clown was walking around infecting others?
Time you resigned on the grounds of insanity Boris!

What a country! it elects an idiot into the top job and then he knobbles both the country and the government through stupidity

Last edited:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Truly this man is a danger to the nation
In the Telegraph
Boris Johnson kept illness a secret until coronavirus diagnosis was confirmed
Prime Minister is now self-isolating in No 11 and will have his meals and government papers brought to him

So the clown was walking around infecting others!
Time you resigned on the grounds of insanity Boris!

What a country! it elects an idiot into the top job and then he knobbles both the country and the government through stupidity
We need a coalition government with engineers, manufacturers, doctors, logistics & procurement experts and military strategists with their (washed) hands on the steering wheel. The idiots in charge at the moment are making it up as they go along. They aren’t up to the task, spin and bullshit won’t work.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
We need a coalition government with engineers, manufacturers, doctors, logistics & procurement experts and military strategists with their (washed) hands on the steering wheel. The idiots in charge at the moment are making it up as they go along. They aren’t up to the task, spin and bullshit won’t work.
Yes indeed it's Time for the nation to leave thinking to the Qualified

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
Put not your faith in Chief Medical officers

Dr Rosena Allin-Khan@DrRosena

The Chief Medical Officer is now self-isolating for 7 days because he is showing symptoms. The World Health Org says we must self-isolate for 14 days - it is deeply alarming that our most senior officials aren't following this. Govt must immediately change national advice!

They can be as stupid as politicians
NHS guidance is to self isolate for 7 days if you live alone....the 14 days comes in if you live with somebody (to give them chance to show symptoms)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
there is one point that puzzles me about this coronavirus.
If you look at the ratio between the number of mild cases/critical cases, our NHS seems either under reporting or miraculous.

UK active cases: 13,486 - critical: 163 (1%)
Italy active cases: 62,682 - critical: 3,732 (6%)
Spain active cases: 47,059 - critical: 4,165 (8%)
France active cases: 21,482 - critical: 3,787 (15%)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
NHS guidance is to self isolate for 7 days if you live alone....the 14 days comes in if you live with somebody (to give them chance to show symptoms)

Fascinating that a doctor didn't know that isn't it? she tweeted remember.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If you look at the ratio between the number of mild cases/critical cases, our NHS seems either under reporting or miraculous.

You need to look at the "missing persons register" to find an accurate number!

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester

UK is clearly under-reporting 'active' cases because of lack of testing and statistics collection. Correcting that would however make the 1% even lower.
  • Critical should be more precise, but is the definition of 'critical' the same for all countries?
  • Or maybe other countries are underestimating 'active' by even more then UK is?

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020

They are probably only reporting the lucky ones who get an ICU bed. The missing percentage patients are probably in a skip in the hospital car park.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Who else has noticed that questions at the PM daily briefings are being totally disregarded now that they are asked via video link.

I think it was Beth Rigby of Sky News who asked Gove the following: IfThe Prime Minister, The Health Secretary and the UK’s Chief Medical Officer all fall ill, on the same day, with the virus that they are supposed to be leading a national fight against, would it be fair to say they have either been negligent or not followed their own advice?

Gove didn’t even acknowledge the question and spouted a pre-prepared & repetitive statement about the number of new hospital beds created in response to the question. I think they switch the microphone off once the question has been asked, so there is no chance to challenge them. They should not be allowed to get away with this. It’s appalling.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Facts Central@StillDelvingH

When the NHS seeks help from "The only online store 100% dedicated to Medical Fetish, Kink and Roleplay", it may be a hint the UK govt is nowhere near doing what it should.

MedFetUK

@MedFet_UK
· 15h
Today we donated our entire stock of disposable scrubs to an NHS hospital. It was just a few sets, because we don't carry large stocks, but they were desperate, so we sent them free of charge. We don't usually do politics on Twitter, but here's a short thread. [1/5] https://pic.twitter.com/Z4ygmGr99M

Hands up anyone who reacted with "That's Saturday night Bu******d for a start! :cool:

Reactions: oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
UK is clearly under-reporting 'active' cases because of lack of testing and statistics collection. Correcting that would however make the 1% even lower.
  • Critical should be more precise, but is the definition of 'critical' the same for all countries?
  • Or maybe other countries are underestimating 'active' by even more then UK is?
we have something like 8000 respirators.
If 163 are in use, then the passage must be quite quick - in and out in a day...
I also noticed that for 4 days in a row (since 24-Mar), NHS did not report any newly recovered.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think it was Beth Rigby of Sky News who asked Gove the following: IfThe Prime Minister, The Health Secretary and the UK’s Chief Medical Officer all fall ill, on the same day, with the virus that they are supposed to be leading a national fight against, would it be fair to say they have either been negligent or not followed their own advice?
Jenny Harries answered that one.
believe it or not, she claims they are not treated any different than you and me, they get tested only when they show symptoms!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Jenny Harries answered that one.
believe it or not, she claims they are not treated any different than you and me, they get tested only when they show symptoms!
Gosh how public spirited these people really are.

And if you believe that, would you care to buy one of my home made respirators made from a bicycle pump?
Excellent value and you can take it with you when you go for a ride to exercise

Advertisers