Brexit, for once some facts.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I’ve just watched a suit full of fuckall and it’s sidekick give a government briefing. I got the impression they were just hanging on, trying to PR their way to the end of the session. Pathetic.

• Agree
Reactions: Nev and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Big Brother? or just guessing?
The sudden rise for Tuesday happens every week and the government are flapping about nothing.

Tuesday is a key shopping day every week for the non-working, since Monday is so often an out of stock of items day following the busy weekend shop by those who work. There's also a spill over lesser peak into Wednesday.

Indeed in retirement Tuesday has always been my main shopping day, avoiding out of stock Monday and the weekend rush of late Friday and Saturday.

Additionally the news that the supermarkets were getting on top of the restocking at last will have boosted the number of shopping trips.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Big Brother? or just guessing?
TPTB have a tracker on flecc's motor and are extrapolating ;-)

If like some bikers I see on forums a few are going the 'long way' around for a accepted jaunt to the shops. Still a grey area between the hard lock down and more laissez-faire interpretations. Some folk behave like their pets - some are dog like - stay at home and obedient, while some are more like freer roaming cats out of a catflap.

A friend of mine with two kids at home isn't let out the house with the kids to stretch their legs by his wife even though there's a park immediately opposite their home. If this goes on for 3–6 months I expect more folk making a break for it eventually / divorce / murder.

Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Lie by omission or, at least, by delay:

Fourth cabinet member self-isolated after having Covid symptoms

The defence secretary, Ben Wallace, has been self-isolating after feeling the symptoms of the coronavirus, it has been disclosed.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The defence secretary, Ben Wallace, has been self-isolating after feeling the symptoms of the coronavirus, it has been disclosed.
So much for his defence capabilities!

Oh well, I suppose we can surrender to an enemy by waving our white face masks when they eventually appear.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Lie by omission or, at least, by delay:

Fourth cabinet member self-isolated after having Covid symptoms

Bloody careless aren't they?
How many more days can Boris hide himself from flak?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
TPTB have a tracker on flecc's motor and are extrapolating ;-)
No chance, it's in silent stealth mode. I keep the pedestrian warning sound switched off all the time.

I've actually got three different ways to get to my favourite supermarket and country exercise ground:

Urban all the way = 5.2 miles

80% country lanes = 4.2 miles

100% country lanes = 6.8 miles

Not being in a hurry and traffic being no hassle in an electric car, I usually use the first. It's good to see some people when I'm living in isolation most of the time.

The second is the quickest on the rare occasion I haven't much time.

It's a very long time since I drove the third, but it was a favourite cycling route for many years.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldgroaner

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
No chance, it's in silent stealth mode. I keep the pedestrian warning sound switched off all the time.

I've actually got three different ways to get to my favourite supermarket and country exercise ground:

Urban all the way = 5.2 miles

80% country lanes = 4.2 miles

100% country lanes = 6.8 miles

Not being in a hurry and traffic being no hassle in an electric car, I usually use the first. It's good to see some people when I'm living in isolation most of the time.

The second is the quickest on the rare occasion I haven't much time.

It's a very long time since I drove the third, but it was a favourite cycling route for many years.
For those of us who still use liquid fuel, driving to our nearest supermarket is such a short distance I doubt the battery can fully recharge - especially if not used frequently.

How many battery replacements will be required due to obeying lockdown and only going shopping once a week - and nothing else - for a few months?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
For those of us who still use liquid fuel, driving to our nearest supermarket is such a short distance I doubt the battery can fully recharge - especially if not used frequently.

How many battery replacements will be required due to obeying lockdown and only going shopping once a week - and nothing else - for a few months?
Most modern cars do have an SOC screen so you can check the battery state and soon deduce if you are on a slippery slope in that respect, but a bigger problem will be with DPF's and those good old cataclysmic converters! :cool:

• Agree
Reactions: wheeler

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Bang go more of your rights, will they ever be restored?

My suspicion is not unless we rid ourselves of right wing governments

• Informative

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just had a phone call from our local labour councillor asking if we are well and if we require support with food and other assistance, and given a number to ring if we need support.

Well done, what a difference to what the Government is doing!:cool:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

I daresay you have a long way round to get there, creep up on it when it's not watching!

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I daresay you have a long way round to get there, creep up on it when it's not watching!
Don't worry - we have a perfectly reasonable long-er route which will probably suffice. :)

But it is something I have been conscious of - hence making sure I don't use the shortest possible route. I suspect some people are not thinking about it at all.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Don't worry - we have a perfectly reasonable long-er route which will probably suffice. :)

But it is something I have been conscious of - hence making sure I don't use the shortest possible route. I suspect some people are not thinking about it at all.
They are after all unlikely to be aware that there is a problem, for why should they?

Advertisers