Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I've always been on 56 days, but all done online with pickup from my nominateed pharmacy. If this continues long term I'll ask for a longer period. By good fortune my prescription was renewed just before the lockdown.
Mine too, and now on three-months. But I know many are on 28-days for no good reason.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Matt Hancock, the health secretary, has said the government could ban exercise outdoors if people flout lockdown rules.
After saying earlier that sunbathing is against lockdown rules, he told Andrew Marr that if people flout them “we might have to take further action”.
Clearly he's an idiot if he thinks a government can keep people locked indoors for a Summer.

They can't, that's an absolute.

• Agree
Reactions: wheeler

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Idiotic right wing attacks on Starmer are being rolled out by the usual culprits

(((Dan Hodges)))

@DPJHodges
· 26m
Starmer says his shadow cabinet will be balanced in terms of diversity. It won't, because it will be lead by yet another white man.
my response
oldgroaner@oldgroaner
Do you want him sprayed another colour? so now according to this fool being white disqualifies someone from high office? how do you justify Boris? what colour is he? or is the one he's showing now a clue?

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Clearly he's an idiot if he thinks a government can keep people locked indoors for a Summer.

The trouble is, even pretending they can is a major indictment of them as the government.

Talk about panic shopping, why, this is panic governing on a horrendous scale.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

I watched Sophy Ridge interviewing him on Sky. I think he misspoke - It was clever questioning from Ridge and being a bit slow, he got himself into a twist.
He just ran with it. He'll regret it soon enough because blaming the people whom you ask for help is a non starter.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I've always been on 56 days, but all done online with pickup from my nominateed pharmacy. If this continues long term I'll ask for a longer period. By good fortune my prescription was renewed just before the lockdown.
What happened here was by Government directive... All existing medications on prescription are extended until the end of the emergency. In my case I am on a mild hypertension dose.. which hasn't done much for blood pressure , but totally cured a sleep apnea I was starting to suffer from. The box contains 28 days supply and the repeat prescription was I think 4 or 6 months . Anyway about 10 March I decided to get a spare.. The CV19 was being discussed, but the response was a simple no.. no need to hoard as I had a about 21 days supply
On 19 March, no problem ... So I have now 42 days supply and an expectation that more will be provided as necessary. Its well worth it for the sleep apnea
Any way no written scripts needed

• Informative

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I’m listening to Nigel Farage on LBC. He is saying that the last time the churches were closed was the year 1208, and that we have been through countless wars since then and never found it necessary to close them.

Does this idiot not understand that going to church made no difference as to whether Hitler could kill us, but it does help a virus to kill us?

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
More importantly, we should welcome Kier Starmer becoming the leader of the opposition.

Starmer will go on the technical details - what the government should have done.
I just watched him being interviewed on the Marr programme this morning I thought he was excellent. A total breath of fresh air compared to Corbyn. Thank goodness the Labour members had enough sense to choose him as apposed to RLB, I don't know if Labour will win the next GE but at least now with a leader like Starmer they have a fighting chance.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Woosh and oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What happened here was by Government directive... All existing medications on prescription are extended until the end of the emergency. In my case I am on a mild hypertension dose.. which hasn't done much for blood pressure , but totally cured a sleep apnea I was starting to suffer from. The box contains 28 days supply and the repeat prescription was I think 4 or 6 months . Anyway about 10 March I decided to get a spare.. The CV19 was being discussed, but the response was a simple no.. no need to hoard as I had a about 21 days supply
On 19 March, no problem ... So I have now 42 days supply and an expectation that more will be provided as necessary. Its well worth it for the sleep apnea
Any way no written scripts needed
The trouble is that still means collecting too frequently with personal interaction. I have my supply for 56 days, Oyster for 84 days now without meeting anyone for that purpose.

Last edited:
  • Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The trouble is, even pretending they can is a major indictment of them as the government.

Talk about panic shopping, why, this is panic governing on a horrendous scale.
The silly thing is that whenever they bring up all these other factors they dilute the main message, which is separation. Ultimately nothing else matters. But people are clearly not getting the separation message in all the welter of talking about everything else from driving, going out, exercising, sunbathing etc.

To illustrate using my three attempts to go walking from my home for exercise. My part of this large estate is built on the flanks of a valley with an 800 metre long cul de sac along the valley floor and small unnamed spur roads running from it with numbered housing in four named areas.

So some 1800 plus residents use the 800 metres of road and pavement to walk, exercise, drive and bus travel. With over two persons per metre, you can imagine that I constantly
meet others when walking along it, as do they.

And people appear to have given up on separation. Of the many I met on my three walks on different days, only one made an effort to maintain a two metre space, on all the other encounters I was the only one making that effort.

Teenagers who I know are from different homes were walking in close pairs having met up. One woman from the other side of the road spotted another she knew who was out with her child, so crossed over and joined them. They were then joined by a boy on a bike, their group blocking the pavement and grass verge where I needed to pass, with no sign of them moving for me. So I had to stop, wait for a car and bus to pass and then walk past them well out into the road. These are just samples, there were many other incidences of similar and why I now drive to safe exercise spots to walk.

One near neighbour has an intimate relationship girlfriend living elsewhere who drives to him every weekend, staying with him from Friday to Sunday evening. She did that again last weekend and is here now again this weekend.

Clearly none of these people are getting the message on the all important separation if they live in separate households or different areas.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I’m listening to Nigel Farage on LBC. He is saying that the last time the churches were closed was the year 1208, and that we have been through countless wars since then and never found it necessary to close them.

Does this idiot not understand that going to church made no difference as to whether Hitler could kill us, but it does help a virus to kill us?
He is also plainly wrong.

In the famous village of Eyam, the rector William Mompesson did close the church and preached outdoors. This to prevent plague being passed on.
https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/The-Great-Plague/

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Well his predecessors ensured that 90% of the Irish population had open air religious ceremonies up until 1825!. Henry 8 stole the big churches and made them Anglican , then Eliza 1 and her successors ripped the roofs off the smaller ones ... Not only were Catholics forbidden religion, but the Scottish low churches also...

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
I am on a medicine which is very common. It is also among the cheapest and safest of all medicines. And many patients are on the same dose for years. Yet considerable numbers of patients are stuck on the arbitrary 28-day prescribing. (My GP agreed to 84-day presciptions at my last appointment.)

In the end, these 28-day prescriptions burden GPs to the benefit of pharmacies (who get more dispensing fees). What justification at the best of times? Let alone now.

There isn't even any evidence that there are benefits from shorter period prescribing (for long-term stable medicines). Despite the health establishment insisting on evidence-based medicine at every turn.
Odd - As I've been getting 6 monthly prescriptions for my meds from my docs no problem. My surgery just sends x6 monthly scripts to Boots in one shot and I collect meds monthly, with an annual med review to check I'm still alive.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Odd - As I've been getting 6 monthly prescriptions for my meds from my docs no problem. My surgery just sends x6 monthly scripts to Boots in one shot and I collect meds monthly, with an annual med review to check I'm still alive.
Good, but it's that monthly collection that's undesirable at present though. Mine is two months worth, better in the present circumstances for avoiding contact.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Boots did offer me home delivery option, though that was years ago and at the time I was happy to pop into town to collect.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
The silly thing is that whenever they bring up all these other factors they dilute the main message, which is separation. Ultimately nothing else matters. But people are clearly not getting the separation message in all the welter of talking about everything else from driving, going out, exercising, sunbathing etc.

To illustrate using my three attempts to go walking from my home for exercise. My part of this large estate is built on the flanks of a valley with an 800 metre long cul de sac along the valley floor and small unnamed spur roads running from it with numbered housing in four named areas.

So some 1800 plus residents use the 800 metres of road and pavement to walk, exercise, drive and bus travel. With over two persons per metre, you can imagine that I constantly
meet others when walking along it, as do they.

And people appear to have given up on separation. Of the many I met on my three walks on different days, only one made an effort to maintain a two metre space, on all the other encounters I was the only one making that effort.

Teenagers who I know are from different homes were walking in close pairs having met up. One woman from the other side of the road spotted another she knew who was out with her child, so crossed over and joined them. They were then joined by a boy on a bike, their group blocking the pavement and grass verge where I needed to pass, with no sign of them moving for me. So I had to stop, wait for a car and bus to pass and then walk past them well out into the road. These are just samples, there were many other incidences of similar and why I now drive to safe exercise spots to walk.

One near neighbour has an intimate relationship girlfriend living elsewhere who drives to him every weekend, staying with him from Friday to Sunday evening. She did that again last weekend and is here now again this weekend.

Clearly none of these people are getting the message on the all important separation if they live in separate households or different areas.
I’ve started to regard the people who disregard the instruction to separate as doing a public service. They are laying down their lives to create herd immunity. This virus needs a constant fresh supply of people without immunity to survive. The more people congregate, the soon that supply will dry up and it will be more difficult for it to spread.

Me and the wife are now in super lockdown for the next 14 days. I don’t think we have any reason to see another human being during that period.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Did you hear the story about the couple who drank fish pond cleaner in USA because it contained a form of chloroquine?

The story was featured right across the mainstream media. It was framed as a loving couple heard Trump say that Chloroquine helped with Covid-19, so they each drank some as a prophylactic. The husband sadly died and the woman survived. She was interviewed by CNN, and her closing statement was not to trust anything that Trump says. The media spin the story as Trump gives bad advice that kills people.

Thanks to independent journalists and investigators, we now have some of the truth about this.

The woman was a prolific donor to the democrat party and to other left-wing non-profit organisations, and she had called the President a psycho in a social media post.

Now we get to the interesting bit. She had previously been charged with assault against her husband, and she confirmed or implied in a social media post that she wanted to divorce him, when someone asked her if she had told her doctor about wanting a divorce, she replied, "Probably".

It's probable that the media knew at the time about the woman's history, unless their TDS prevented them from doing basic journalistic practice. I don't think this story is finished yet. I hear that the police are taking an interest in it.

Now we can make a new story: Woman hates her husband and Trump. She decides that she can kill two birds with one stone by convincing her husband to take a lethal dose of pond cleaner because Trump says it will be good for him, or she just put it in his food without telling him. She takes a minimal amount herself to get some symptoms. The husband dies and she blames Trump. The Media have a field day.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc and tommie

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I am aware of 6-month or even 12-month prescribing such as you get. But it has never been offered to me and, despite being in contact with thousands, few others have that.

In the current context, it would make more sense if you could get your prescriptions dispensed at any convenient interval - even up to all at once. The only issue, in my book, being the effect on supply chains of sudden changes.

My annual review was in November/December - almost two and a half years after my previous one. :)

• Agree

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Did you hear the story about the couple who drank fish pond cleaner in USA because it contained a form of chloroquine?

The story was featured right across the mainstream media. It was framed as a loving couple heard Trump say that Chloroquine helped with Covid-19, so they each drank some as a prophylactic. The husband sadly died and the woman survived. She was interviewed by CNN, and her closing statement was not to trust anything that Trump says. The media spin the story as Trump gives bad advice that kills people.

Thanks to independent journalists and investigators, we now have some of the truth about this.

The woman was a prolific donor to the democrat party and to other left-wing non-profit organisations, and she had called the President a psycho in a social media post.

Now we get to the interesting bit. She had previously been charged with assault against her husband, and she confirmed or implied in a social media post that she wanted to divorce him, when someone asked her if she had told her doctor about wanting a divorce, she replied, "Probably".

Now we can make a new story: Woman hates her husband and Trump. She decides that she can kill two birds with one stone by convincing her husband to take a lethal dose of pond cleaner because Trump says it will be good for him. She takes a minimal amount herself to get some symptoms. The husband dies and she blames Trump. The Media have a field day.
Was it reported four days ago? Before midday.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Boots did offer me home delivery option, though that was years ago and at the time I was happy to pop into town to collect.

Bloody useless pillocks:

There are no NHS prescription charges in Scotland and Wales but if you’re ordering a prescription from us online, and choose to have it delivered to your home or a post office, you may have to pay. This is because we dispense our prescriptions in England so the English payment rules apply.

Advertisers