Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The UK WAS that safety net, who do you think stepped up to the plate with £3.2 billion to save Ireland from going down the toilet?? Why do you think the EU called it `Treasure Island`? !!

and following up on my previous post we now have this Family Feud!!

EU talks on how to help southern Eurozone countries badly affected by the coronavirus epidemic have stalled after 16 hours.

The European Central Bank says the bloc may need up to €1.5tn ($1.6 trillion; £1.3tn) to tackle the crisis.

European finance ministers were close to a deal, but the talks broke down amid a dispute between Italy and the Netherlands over how to apply the recovery fund.

Negotiations will resume on Thursday.

The coronavirus pandemic has exposed deep divides in Europe, where Italy and Spain have accused northern nations - led by Germany and the Netherlands - of not doing enough.

The row comes as the EU's top scientist, Mauro Ferrari, resigned citing Brussels' "disappointing" response to the pandemic.

The Italian, who was head of the European Research Council for less than four months, said in his resignation statement that a special programme he tried to set up to combat the virus had been rejected out of hand.

The European Commission has not commented on the criticism, but a leading MEP, Christian Ehler, accused Mr Ferrari of conducting a "window-dressing public relations stand on the coronavirus crisis".

Why did the EU talks break down?
Italy, Spain, France and some other EU states want to share out coronavirus-incurred debt in the form of "coronabonds" (or eurobonds) - mutualised debt that all EU nations help to pay off.

An all-night teleconference between Eurozone finance ministers to discuss this started on Tuesday and went on for 16 hours, but Italy refused to back down on its demands.

The Netherlands opposes the proposal, and wants member states to have repayment conditions phased in over the years.

For now, a draft text of what has been agreed states that "innovative financial agreements" will need to be used.
Tommie, cutting and pasting right wing propaganda that you don't understand but it looks good isn't wise, it simply confirms how dumb you are, go out and buy something more appropriate, say the "Dandy" or "Beano"

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The UK WAS that safety net, who do you think stepped up to the plate with £3.2 billion to save Ireland from going down the toilet?? Why do you think the EU called it `Treasure Island`? !!

and following up on my previous post we now have this Family Feud!!

EU talks on how to help southern Eurozone countries badly affected by the coronavirus epidemic have stalled after 16 hours.

The European Central Bank says the bloc may need up to €1.5tn ($1.6 trillion; £1.3tn) to tackle the crisis.

European finance ministers were close to a deal, but the talks broke down amid a dispute between Italy and the Netherlands over how to apply the recovery fund.

Negotiations will resume on Thursday.

The coronavirus pandemic has exposed deep divides in Europe, where Italy and Spain have accused northern nations - led by Germany and the Netherlands - of not doing enough.

The row comes as the EU's top scientist, Mauro Ferrari, resigned citing Brussels' "disappointing" response to the pandemic.

The Italian, who was head of the European Research Council for less than four months, said in his resignation statement that a special programme he tried to set up to combat the virus had been rejected out of hand.

The European Commission has not commented on the criticism, but a leading MEP, Christian Ehler, accused Mr Ferrari of conducting a "window-dressing public relations stand on the coronavirus crisis".

Why did the EU talks break down?
Italy, Spain, France and some other EU states want to share out coronavirus-incurred debt in the form of "coronabonds" (or eurobonds) - mutualised debt that all EU nations help to pay off.

An all-night teleconference between Eurozone finance ministers to discuss this started on Tuesday and went on for 16 hours, but Italy refused to back down on its demands.

The Netherlands opposes the proposal, and wants member states to have repayment conditions phased in over the years.

For now, a draft text of what has been agreed states that "innovative financial agreements" will need to be used.
The immediate problem is containing and reducing the spread of this virus. Without people there is no economy. The next problem is reopening economies ,and the next problem is then figuring out a way of financing these distruptions. Tommie the world has changed. Italy knows this, some of the more northern economies might not have realised it yet,..but they will. The northern countries need the agricultural south not only as markets for their cars and machine tools, but for basic foodstuffs
If this continues for months, there will be food shortages, materials shortages . The world is always only one harvest away from mass starvation.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think we also need a change of many citizens too. A significant number are acting like total cnuts, particularly the under 40s generations who are a complete disgrace and have been found lacking.

I have friends in Germany and I can tell you they are under strict lockdown. Heavy fines for leaving your home without good reason, which are very few.

The police and military need to be on our streets issuing fines and beatings like Germany. The U.K. approach is too soft, too confused and it’s costing lives. That’s a big factor as to why Germany is doing better than the U.K. in the fight.

I’ve been for a walk this morning and seen three groups of teenagers and four middle aged men cycling. Camper vans are heading into Cornwall and there were over 60 surfers on Fistral Beach last night. I’d definitely back police / military beatings, fines and permanent confusion of cars / caravans and camper vans coupled with heavy fines. People are such cnuts, it’s the only way to get through to them.

It’s time to notch lockdown things up a few gears. The longer they dither the more people will die.
Having a touch of the good old "Sieg Heils" this morning? nothing justifies the sort of crude violence you suggested, unless of course you want a revolution .
Amazing how the usual response of a Tory to a fire they have created is to suggest pouring petrol on it.
Interesting point you made
How does one "confuse cars caravans and camper vans?"

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I’ve signed up for the GoodSAM App (NHS Volunteers) which is now live. Today, I’ve had my first task to sort out a prescription for a family who live nearby. Basically, they moved to the area in January and the prescription was delivered to their old address. I spent 40 minutes sorting it out and finished up driving to their old address, picking up the tablets and them driving them to their new home.

Upon arrival at their new home, the husband was on a crawling board on the roof! I told him what I’d done and had to ask why he was unable to sort out the prescription. He said he was short of time, because there were broken tiles on the roof which he needs to fix before it rains!!!!

If he hadn’t been a neighbour, I would have let rip into him. I did say that the system isn’t intended for such things. He just smirked. I hope the **** falls off his roof and breaks his ******* neck. I have submitted a report.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Having a touch of the good old "Sieg Heils" this morning? nothing justifies the sort of crude violence you suggested, unless of course you want a revolution .
Amazing how the usual response of a Tory to a fire they have created is to suggest pouring petrol on it.
Interesting point you made
How does one "confuse cars caravans and camper vans?"
Your comparisons to Nazis and subscription to a police state theory is costing lives. You are helping to kill people. Stop it. It’s working in Germany and it will work here.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I think we also need a change of many citizens too. A significant number are acting like total cnuts, particularly the under 40s generations who are a complete disgrace and have been found lacking.

I have friends in Germany and I can tell you they are under strict lockdown. Heavy fines for leaving your home without good reason, which are very few.

The police and military need to be on our streets issuing fines and beatings like Germany. The U.K. approach is too soft, too confused and it’s costing lives. That’s a big factor as to why Germany is doing better than the U.K. in the fight.

I’ve been for a walk this morning and seen three groups of teenagers and four middle aged men cycling. Camper vans are heading into Cornwall and there were over 60 surfers on Fistral Beach last night. I’d definitely back police / military beatings, fines and permanent confusion of cars / caravans and camper vans coupled with heavy fines. People are such cnuts, it’s the only way to get through to them.

It’s time to notch lockdown things up a few gears. The longer they dither the more people will die.
I disagree with your process. The better way is education. Closing beaches and the mountains is the wrong way. Social isolation is the better way. .. 60 people surfing well away from each other is fine. In our case Public transport ..trains are running but 75% of the seats are excluded so the extremely few passengers travelling are tge required 2metres apart. Mind you if I was traveling by train or bus , I would wear a mask.
The UKs approach has been confused and confusing ..That is clear..The video statement by BJ about shaking hands with everyone in a Covid ward , was criminal.
I would agree with fining people for breaking social distancing rules.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The Sun carried this
JAB DEFENCE Coronavirus death rate six times lower in countries that use BCG vaccine, experts discover

We do here...didn't work, did it?
Maybe it is !. However the UK BCG vaccination program was more restrictive than other places ..

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I disagree with your process. The better way is education. Closing beaches and the mountains is the wrong way. Social isolation is the better way. .. 60 people surfing well away from each other is fine. In our case Public transport ..trains are running but 75% of the seats are excluded so the extremely few passengers travelling are tge required 2metres apart. Mind you if I was traveling by train or bus , I would wear a mask.
The UKs approach has been confused and confusing ..That is clear..The video statement by BJ about shaking hands with everyone in a Covid ward , was criminal.
I would agree with fining people for breaking social distancing rules.
I must disagree. If you say it’s ok to go surfing, 60 on the beach will soon become 600+ people. It’s what Brits are like, they are too stupid to help themselves.

At these time, there has to be no ambiguity. Nobody goes out except for food or medicine, end of. Any easement or exception will be exploited and things will “creep”.

The choice is simple. Harsh lockdown or harsh cruel painful death, often in isolation, for many mote people than necessary. People have had their chance and they are just taking the pi$$

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The Sun carried this
JAB DEFENCE Coronavirus death rate six times lower in countries that use BCG vaccine, experts discover

We do here...didn't work, did it?
From 1951 to 2005 it was near-universal in the UK. That leaves a lot of people who are too young or too old to have received it. Plus Heaf test reactors (mentioned before). And it is not expected to provide life-long immunity with various estimates like 15 years.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

South Africa enforcing lockdown days 1-6 compilation

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
South Africa enforcing lockdown days 1-6 compilation

South Africa have had 6 deaths, Brazil which is kind of similar and had it's first death on the same day as South Africa now have over 650 deaths and accelerating. One of those countries has no lockdown restrictions at all.

The choice is very simple. We either choose to kill people or we accept harsher measures, fines, confiscation and giving teenagers thorough and sound thrashing.

Reactions: POLLY

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Wales is well ahead of Downing St. I just cannot understand why they appear not to be simply having a quick review and annoiuncing the lockdown will continue with a "next review" date.

Wales to extend lockdown

The Welsh government has confirmed the lockdown will be extended in Wales.
Housing and local government minister Julie James said:

I’m telling you today we are extending it. The formal announcements will be made by the first minister later. We are definitely extending the lockdown. We wanted to be sure for people over the weekend not to start making plans.

Reactions: POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That’s a big factor as to why Germany is doing better than the U.K. in the fight.
Germany doesn't have lockdown because it's necessary, they need something like lockdown to function.

The Germans are a subservient people who expect to receive orders. If they didn't have pedestrian crossings ordering "Cross now", they'd never reach the other side of the road.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: wheeler and Woosh

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I must disagree. If you say it’s ok to go surfing, 60 on the beach will soon become 600+ people. It’s what Brits are like, they are too stupid to help themselves.

At these time, there has to be no ambiguity. Nobody goes out except for food or medicine, end of. Any easement or exception will be exploited and things will “creep”.

The choice is simple. Harsh lockdown or harsh cruel painful death, often in isolation, for many mote people than necessary. People have had their chance and they are just taking the pi$$
Perhaps you are correct in the very short term, but I think the process needs to start a little earlier. People tend to rise to the expectations placed on them..they might fall a little below,but not much.
I recall waiting for an airport bus off Fulham High St a few years ago . There was a football match . Chelsea ? Just finishing . I was extremely harassed by the police sirens and vans zooming up and down and the expectation of trouble that created. If I had been a fan ,I would have had my anxiety levels raised to red, and would have been furious with police.
I contrast that with All Ireland GAA finals, which is in one of the largest stadiums in Europe, 82,300 where the passions for the county is as least as intense as UK fans for club, but where the fans are not separated and just mingle together and have a jar afterwards..
The difference is not that we are more civilised, just that the expectation is different.

Having said that, our authorities have authorised for the Easter weekend , the police to arrest people breaking the travel from home directive. In my mind this is counterproductive.

Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Just how long has it been for Hancock to work out that he should do something about this? He's been telling us how many millions of tests he has bought - and now, obviously, he has none.

It should have taken no more than thirty minutes for him to do this. That would allow Hancock's half hour.

Hancock asks industry leaders to help find viable antibody test

Biotech firms will be asked to help produce test showing if people have had coronavirus

Last edited:

Advertisers