Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Your comparisons to Nazis and subscription to a police state theory is costing lives. You are helping to kill people. Stop it. It’s working in Germany and it will work here.
I am not helping to kill people, far from it, inciting violence will escalate into more deaths not less, and let's be honest
Your voting for Boris is what is killing people isn't it?.don't you comprehend that?
You helped elect the man who's insane policies have resulted in far too many unnecessary deaths, so don't lecture me on morality.
Your greed not mine brought this government to power

And by the way I was referring to you, not Germany with the "touch of the sieg heils this morning " reference, it was meant in jest, but clearly stung, one has to wonder why?

There are times when your right wing tendencies make you propose simply stupid and counter productive measures that can only make matters worse.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Germany doesn't have lockdown because it's necessary, they need something like lockdown to function.

The Germans are a subservient people who expect to receive orders. If they didn't have pedestrian crossings ordering "Cross now", they'd never reach the other side of the road.
They have lockdown with big penalties. It works.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
South Africa have had 6 deaths, Brazil which is kind of similar and had it's first death on the same day as South Africa now have over 650 deaths and accelerating. One of those countries has no lockdown restrictions at all.

The choice is very simple. We either choose to kill people or we accept harsher measures, fines, confiscation and giving teenagers thorough and sound thrashing.
Let me remind you Boris decided to kill people by making mad decisions.
My suggestion is simply this, since you are keen on applying the restrictions and beatings, before they do, insist the police ask the miscreants if they voted for him, and if they admit it, only apply it to them.
Works for me :cool:

• :D
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
They have lockdown with big penalties. It works.
You missed out the point they applied if FAR EARLIER
Which is an infinitely more likely reason for the difference in results, you just want to believe the penalties will stop the rot.
Even if it does, it won't resurrect the dead, that dies needlessly, will it.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Perhaps you are correct in the very short term, but I think the process needs to start a little earlier. People tend to rise to the expectations placed on them..they might fall a little below,but not much.
I recall waiting for an airport bus off Fulham High St a few years ago . There was a football match . Chelsea ? Just finishing . I was extremely harassed by the police sirens and vans zooming up and down and the expectation of trouble that created. If I had been a fan ,I would have had my anxiety levels raised to red, and would have been furious with police.
I contrast that with All Ireland GAA finals, which is in one of the largest stadiums in Europe, 82,300 where the passions for the county is as least as intense as UK fans for club, but where the fans are not separated and just mingle together and have a jar afterwards..
The difference is not that we are more civilised, just that the expectation is different.

Having said that, our authorities have authorised for the Easter weekend , the police to arrest people breaking the travel from home directive. In my mind this is counterproductive.
You forget that U.K. citizens are ******* idiots and for many, no one has ever said “No” to them in their lives. They don’t think beyond what is happening at that instant and about anyone else. They are emotionally immature, 5 year olds.

They aren’t like that in other countries. They tend to think about others and the consequences of their actions more deeply. I don’t think you understand the depth of stupidity that the average U.K. citizen is able to achieve. How many Irish phone masts have been set on fire to stop them causing Coronavirus for example? That’s the difference.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Let me remind you Boris decided to kill people by making mad decisions.
My suggestion is simply this, since you are keen on applying the restrictions and beatings, before they do, insist the police ask the miscreants if they voted for him, and if they admit it, only apply it to them.
Works for me :cool:
Yes, I agree, the Tories cut the NHS, they have wasted weeks, they aren’t protecting NHS workers, the Herd immunity was just a project to kill old people. All of it terrible and they must be held to account and punished. Now isn’t the time though.

We need to act today, within the hour. We have started from a position of weakness because of Johnson and we need to try and mitigate the damage. Full lockdown with heavy penalties will help. It’s time to stop all movements except for food and medicine. Anything short of that will cause even more death. We are heading for a worse situation than Spain and Italy.

Reactions: POLLY

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
You forget that U.K. citizens are ******* idiots and for many, no one has ever said “No” to them in their lives. They don’t think beyond what is happening at that instant and about anyone else. They are emotionally immature, 5 year olds.
They aren’t like that in other countries.
Fair bit of truth in that. Just a few miles away across the channel we have this.. the french accept it and move on...how would this go down in London i wonder !! ??

Paris bans outdoor exercise and threatens to hit joggers with £120 fines amid coronavirus lockdown
  • France has banned all physical exercise in Paris during daylight hours
  • Joggers and walkers who infringe the conditions face fines and even prison
  • Paris is now France's coronavirus epicentre, with cases in the city multiplying
By Peter Allen for MailOnline

France today banned all physical exercise in Paris during daylight hours as part of its ever-stricter coronavirus lockdown.
In a shock move announced by the city's Police Prefecture, joggers and walkers were told they would be fined the equivalent of around £120 if found breaking the restrictions.
If they continue to infringe the conditions, then they will face up to six months in prison.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Several of the top people in Government (the PM, ministers, top advisors etc), seem to have been hit by the virus. I haven't looked in detail but this does not seem to be the case of other countries in say the G20.

Has the UK just been unlucky in having so many of the great and good infected or were they complacent and didn't bother following their own advice?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Fair bit of truth in that. Just a few miles away across the channel we have this.. the french accept it and move on...how would this go down in London i wonder !! ??

Paris bans outdoor exercise and threatens to hit joggers with £120 fines amid coronavirus lockdown
  • Paris is now France's coronavirus epicentre, with cases in the city multiplying

France today banned all physical exercise in Paris during daylight hours as part of its ever-stricter coronavirus lockdown.
In a shock move announced by the city's Police Prefecture, joggers and walkers were told they would be fined the equivalent of around £120 if found breaking the restrictions.
If they continue to infringe the conditions, then they will face up to six months in prison.
There's vast difference between London and Paris.

Paris I know reasonably well from living there some while ago. It's a high density old "walled" city, so exercising on the streets during the day can be a risky activity since it means many near contacts with others. Therefore I support their daytime measures.

London in stark contrast is a city of parks, recreation grounds and nature reserves, sprawled across some 400 square miles with well over 9000 miles of roads. So in many areas exercise with separation is not a problem so long as there is access to the parks etc. It follows that total lockdown is completely unnecessary on physical space grounds, just so long as people are allowed to use all the available space.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020

It’s what’s needed. Forget who’s fault it is for now, they must be gone after when this is over. Right now the choice is very simple, accept a very strict lockdown regime or accept thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths. We can’t have a lax, easy going, pick & mix style lockdown and expect a low low number of deaths. People need to understand that.

• Agree
Reactions: daveboy and POLLY

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Several of the top people in Government (the PM, ministers, top advisors etc), seem to have been hit by the virus. I haven't looked in detail but this does not seem to be the case of other countries in say the G20.

Has the UK just been unlucky in having so many of the great and good infected or were they complacent and didn't bother following their own advice?
We have not been unlucky, we have been ******* idiots and it’s bitten us in the arse. Johnson was treating it as a joke, saying he was going to continue shaking hands, “last breath” jokes about ventilators, herd immunity. Now he’s fighting for his life and possibly reliant on a ventilator that was just a big joke 14 days ago. This cuntish attitude had rubbed of on the public and it will be them next, but they will die alone and frightened on a trolley in a hospital corridor. Wake up for fucks sake. The country need telling in no uncertain terms what to do, and if they don’t do it beating until they do comply.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It’s what’s needed. Forget who’s fault it is for now, they must be gone after when this is over. Right now the choice is very simple, accept a very strict lockdown regime or accept thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths. We can’t have a lax, easy going, pick & mix style lockdown and expect a low low number of deaths. People need to understand that.
Even more people need to understand this government is incapable of doing anything other than make the situation worse, and a National Goovernment is needed, every day some new lies or incompetence comes to light

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
We have not been unlucky, we have been ******* idiots and it’s bitten us in the arse. Johnson was treating it as a joke, saying he was going to continue shaking hands, “last breath” jokes about ventilators, herd immunity. Now he’s fighting for his life and possibly reliant on a ventilator that was just a big joke 14 days ago. This cuntish attitude had rubbed of on the public and it will be them next, but they will die alone and frightened on a trolley in a hospital corridor. Wake up for fucks sake. The country need telling in no uncertain terms what to do, and if they don’t do it beating until they do comply.
It simply wont work, just result in riots, more's the pity

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) in Seattle predicts 66,000 UK deaths from Covid-19 by August, with a peak of nearly 3,000 a day, based on a steep climb in daily deaths early in the outbreak.

If this prediction comes even close to being correct (no idea how likely that is) then do you folks think the Government would be able to spin their way out of it? Even with the support of most of the press I doubt that they could.

I really hope we don't get anywhere near these figures and hope we keep below the 20,000 which I think is still what the Government is predicting.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
You can't hide the fact we left it too late.
We had the chance and blew it
We did blow it. We are late, but not too late. It will be worse than it should have been, but we can stop some deaths by being sensible and making sacrifices to our freedom for a period of time. I don’t know how long that will be and we shouldn’t make false promises about how long.

The public have a straightforward choice. Accept the death or accept the restrictions.

Advertisers