Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
UK government opposed to less than 2% of those laws.
But hardly reflecting the public's view, and as I implied, that's not relevant since it isn't what Brexit was about. This is about the pointlessness of a Brexit that isn't and for over three years never was.

The Brexiters didn't want anything EU but are keeping most of it and quite possibly even getting some more.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I seem to remember at the time of the Great Repeal Bill as it was known, news reports saying it was now done and dusted thus paving the way forward for changes by future legislation. As you say though flecc easier said than done.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Still, I'd like anti dumping duty on Chinese bikes to go asap.
I see you corrected the Freudian slip.

I thought it was quite aposite drawing attention to dupe, considering how the EU measure was based on a lie! ;)

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I seem to remember at the time of the Great Repeal Bill as it was known, news reports saying it was now done and dusted thus paving the way forward for changes by future legislation. As you say though flecc easier said than done.
Yes, even our pedelec law is a part of it. The last time we needed a change it took 12 years and we got something very unwelcome we didn't bargain for, a ban on throttles. So being able to make a change isn't always welcome with our quality of government. We now have the strictest bureaucracy free pedelec law in Europe. :(

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
From the Sky News web tonight on the sighting of the Cummings vehicle...

' Sky News can confirm the registration number is that of a car Mr Cummings has got into in the past ,

Nuff said.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Yes, even our pedelec law is a part of it. The last time we needed a change it took 12 years and we got something very unwelcome we didn't bargain for, a ban on throttles. So being able to make a change isn't always welcome with our quality of government. We now have the strictest bureaucracy free pedelec law in Europe. :(
..Oh no you don't ... That would be NI!.

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Even in the Telegraph
"
Alarm in Cabinet that Boris Johnson's decision to back Dominic Cummings could cost lives
Boris Johnson gives Dominic Cummings his full backing as Cabinet ministers warn of risks to lockdown adherence

And in the Guardian

Tory whips apologise for urging MPs to support Dominic Cummings
Ministers face anger from constituents after defending aide’s 264-mile lockdown trip to Durham

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Here come de bishops:

The Bishop of Leeds, the Right Reverend Nick Baines, said Mr Johnson was treating people "as mugs" and the Bishop of Bristol, the Right Reverend Vivienne Faull, accused the prime minister of having "no respect for people".

And the BBC website reports what I had been hoping for:

Meanwhile, in a statement posted on Twitter, Amanda Hopgood, leader of the Liberal Democrats on Durham County Council, said "a number of local residents have reported seeing Dominic Cummings on several occasions in April and May".
She said that "given the clear public interest" she has referred the matter to Durham Police to see if there had been a breach of the coronavirus regulations.

I guess additional reports were also what some of the media hoped would appear once the story got widespread enough.

The fat lady hasn't even got dressed yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
As far as Downing Street is concerned, I suppose today would be a good day for a terrorist attack. It would shift a bit of the focus. They’ve done 65K (across all settings I believe is the term) so far, a dozen more wouldn’t create a ripple.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Nev and oldgroaner

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there!
He wasn't there again today,
Oh how I wish he'd go away!

When I came home last night at three,
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall,
I couldn't see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don't you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don't slam the door...

Last night I saw upon the stair,
A little man who wasn't there,
He wasn't there again today

Oh, how I wish he'd go away...

Advertisers