Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
He'll just say the same again, if necessary over and over again until everyone gives up.

It's the method they use all time, they did with the Brexit agreement, kept presenting it until it was accepted out of exhaustion.
There again, he shouldn't say anything:

Ahead of Dominic Cummings’ public statement this afternoon, a number of people on Twitter are flagging the government’s Code of Conduct for Special Advisers which states they must not take “public part in political controversy”.

Point 14 states:

Special advisers must not take public part in political controversy, through any form of statement whether in speeches or letters to the press, or in books, social media, articles or leaflets.
They must observe discretion and express comment with moderation, avoiding personal attacks, and would not normally speak in public for their Minister or the Department.

Reactions: flecc

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
He'll just say the same again, if necessary over and over again until everyone gives up.

It's the method they use all time, they did with the Brexit agreement, kept presenting it until it was accepted out of exhaustion.
That could be the line he takes, but that doesn’t stand up to scrutiny. The fact remains, that like many thousands of did, he could have stayed in London. What about the 750000 volunteers, of which I am one, set up by his own outfit to help people in precisely the circumstances he found himself in, and to alleviate any need to leave the house. We are here to deliver food, medicine and other essentials.

I think this has really struck a cord with the public and politicians of all flavours. It’s poisoning the Tory well of support. Even The Mail is scathing.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
There now seems to be the question of whether the rules governing the conduct of political advisors allows press conferences such as the one Cummings is scheduled to hold. There is a suggestion that political advisors can not be given a government platform / venue/ support to hold such an event. The rules forbid it.

• :D
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
There now seems to be the question of whether the rules governing the conduct of political advisors allows press conferences such as the one Cummings is scheduled to hold. There is a suggestion that political advisors can not be given a government platform / venue/ support to hold such an event. The rules forbid it.
Point 14 -
32 minutes ago. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Well that is good news, and I am sure welcomed by Tommie.. me also, as I look forward to driving to Carlingford, taking the ferry across and cycle along the shore of the Mournes, when this madness has abated.
Ah, the ferry to ROI!
My first visit ever visit to this strange foreign land, i was about five at the time, couldn`t see over the edge of the boat, then it was Warrenpoint - Omeath. I think we traveled to W`point by train in those days, now since long gone. Possibly now Narrow Water bridge will take the place of the ferrys -> https://www.irishnews.com/news/politicalnews/2020/01/14/news/campaigners-hearted-by-commitment-to-narrow-water-bridge-1813386/

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
That Daily Mirror front page is interesting, I saw a galley proof of it last evening just briefly and I'm sure it said "A Cheat and A Liar" not Coward. I wonder if the editor got windy at the last moment and changed it ?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
In days of old some peasant would be walking around that garden selling hot pies to onlookers.
Want to get in with this point before 16:00!

Let us imagine DC does his (against the rules) conference and we all end up going "Poor Dom, of course he was right." Floods of tears. "What can we do so that you will stay, Dom?"

Then consider how badly Johnson handled everything. It could have been defused weeks ago. Days ago. Yesterday was just the final straw for many, many of us (including tory MPs). It has been utterly inept.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I was half listening to one of the news channels lunch time (not sure which one) and they were sort of half hinting that DC might bring up something about a certain health problem. They were not clear what they meant but I got the impression they might have been talking about something to do with the child. I wonder if the child has some kind of special health condition which might be able to justify what he has done. Not sure what that could be, but if that's what he says he might be able to get out of this mess.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I was half listening to one of the news channels lunch time (not sure which one) and they were sort of half hinting that DC might bring up something about a certain health problem. They were not clear what they meant but I got the impression they might have been talking about something to do with the child. I wonder if the child has some kind of special health condition which might be able to justify what he has done. Not sure what that could be, but if that's what he says he might be able to get out of this mess.
No way, everyone else could make the same claim, especially those whose relatives died

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I have seen the word "autism" mentioned.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I reckon the old Woody Allen line would work
"Instantly he reverted to the old Navajo Indian trick of screaming and begging"

Advertisers