Brexit, for once some facts.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
You missed an opportunity there!
A loudly delivered shout of "Banzai!" with any luck would have surprised him and delivered a lesson on how painful gravitational attraction to a road surface can be :oops:
I couldn't figure out why he stretched his arms out the way he did, I wonder if he could walk on water too ?

• :D
Reactions: Nev and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/education/hull-school-pupils-face-masks-4527770

Hull school pupils told to wear face masks from Monday
Hull will follow the guidance given to schools in the East Riding last week
Latest monthly figures for August show 65 per cent of all positive Covid-19 cases in Hull were among people aged 20 to 39-years-old.

Another seven per cent related to young people under the age of 19.
There were 18 new cases in the city today

• Informative
Reactions: POLLY and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Reactions: oldgroaner

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
World-beating? Maybe if you see how much it is costing.

Troubled test-and-trace system drafts in management consultants

Guardian learns ‘hundreds’ of consultancy staff ‘on standby’ for ‘back-office’ roles with other firms contacted for help
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/18/troubled-covid-test-and-trace-programme-drafts-in-management-consultants
This Government would have a job starting a blaze if you gave them a Flamethrower with full tanks and the trigger stuck on "Fire" while standing on a garage forecourt, and it was pointing at the pumps.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
World-beating? Maybe if you see how much it is costing.

Troubled test-and-trace system drafts in management consultants

Guardian learns ‘hundreds’ of consultancy staff ‘on standby’ for ‘back-office’ roles with other firms contacted for help
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/18/troubled-covid-test-and-trace-programme-drafts-in-management-consultants
Wasn’t the jockey supposed to be the track, trace and testing font of knowledge? That’s what she is being paid to do. So why are they now hiring people to do the job for her? She can either do the job or she can’t.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Wasn’t the jockey supposed to be the track, trace and testing font of knowledge? That’s what she is being paid to do. So why are they now hiring people to do the job for her? She can either do the job or she can’t.
I think they misunderstood - in her CV they saw "track" and missed the word before, "horserace". They saw "trace" and missed the word after, "clip". They saw "test", and missed both the word before, "dope", and the person before them, "dope".

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Craiggor 2

Pedelecer
May 30, 2018
Talking of E-scooters which we were not, was it mentioned on here that the Gov have scrapped the official trial of the aforementioned because some people were seen riding them on the pavement ... no! surely not, as if.

I've seen some sights over the weeks of the sort of antics kids get up to on these things but yesterdays topped it all.
Two kids were riding straight down the middle of a busy main road going flat out, then one kid stood very still on the scooter platform took both his hands off and stretched his arms out crucifix style .. unbelievable.
Presumably you can wedge the throttle full on and leap off, what fun :D
It seems e scooters have been used in two shooting incidents this week in Enfield and Coventry.

• Informative

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I would say f1 is the Barry **** peas level of sport.

its worthless.

who is the best driver? We have no idea.

its not equal.
Thank you.

I believe what has escaped you is the fact that F1 is total competition. By that I mean you have to conquer the financial, political (Team) and engineering (equipment) elements of the sport in order to succeed. Once you’ve done that, you need that 0.5% extra edge to capitalise on the advantage.

Hamilton and Schumacher are intelligent and realise all this. At the other end of the scale, people don’t see it.

You ask who can turn the steering wheel and press the pedals the best. That’s probably Vestappen, but he’s not yet mastered the other elements which will make him champion one day.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Nicely summed up Barry, as we had with Schumacher best driver best car = almost unbeatable. That's why the only sport I watch is Cycle racing as there are so many elements to it a different person wins every time ... and it's free to watch in the flesh of course.

Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Two kids were riding straight down the middle of a busy main road going flat out, then one kid stood very still on the scooter platform took both his hands off and stretched his arms out crucifix style .. unbelievable.
Seen the same a long time ago. A couple of circa 11 year old kids on my estate in the late 1990s, L* and M*, were mad keen on anything powered and sometimes cadged short rides on my e-bikes. L* then managed to get hold of a stand-on e-scooter around 2010, a rather more chunky affair than today's ones. Capable of a bit over 15 mph he use to ride it down the centre of the main road through the estate and on one occasion when I was following him a little way back on my Torq he was following the local bus with only around a foot gap and then held his arms straight out for a while just like that. It was typical of the sort of lunatic things he got up to back then, yet he never did hurt himself and survived to calm down into more sensible behaviour.

In contrast, his pal M* who seemed the more sensible at first, soon graduated to illegally riding scooters and then motorbikes. From the age of about 15 he first broke his left femur in an accident, then his right leg, then both his left forearm bones. In his twenties now, to this day when I see him I inquire whether he's broken the right arm yet!

He hasn't, so judging from both L* and M*, they often really are invincible!

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I suppose it's like when you're young you feel invincible, look at all this Parkour & Freerunning. I watched a couple of people recently clambering up the side of a community centre hanging on by their fingertips and leaping from wall to wall, in your youth you just don't consider you could break your back or neck. I knew of a guy who did a lot of Tombstoning off of piers etc. then it went wrong and having broken his back he ended up in a wheelchair. Depression & drugs followed, he died a while back .. what a waste.

• Informative

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I suppose it's like when you're young you feel invincible, look at all this Parkour & Freerunning. I watched a couple of people recently clambering up the side of a community centre hanging on by their fingertips and leaping from wall to wall, in your youth you just don't consider you could break your back or neck. I knew of a guy who did a lot of Tombstoning off of piers etc. then it went wrong and having broken his back he ended up in a wheelchair. Depression & drugs followed, he died a while back .. what a waste.
Win some, lose some. I look at those who enjoyed their supposed invisibility and survived without paying for it, and that includes me. I don't see the apparent failures as a waste, it's all experience and each one still constitutes a life. What each makes of it is a question of attitude, was Stephen Hawking's life in a wheelchair a waste? Few would consider it so.

Advertisers