Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Thank you.

I believe what has escaped you is the fact that F1 is total competition. By that I mean you have to conquer the financial, political (Team) and engineering (equipment) elements of the sport in order to succeed. Once you’ve done that, you need that 0.5% extra edge to capitalise on the advantage.

Hamilton and Schumacher are intelligent and realise all this. At the other end of the scale, people don’t see it.

You ask who can turn the steering wheel and press the pedals the best. That’s probably Vestappen, but he’s not yet mastered the other elements which will make him champion one day.
im not sure you get what I’m saying?

”conquering” the financial isn’t a level playing field.

its the equivalent of seeing Manchester United in division 1 and cheering as they put the 8th goal past Plymouth Argyle.

its not a sport.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

:cool: the mind boggles
we have had an increase of 48k of deaths overall, to date this year. (Sept 5th) over an extrapolation of five years past data of deaths.

out of those deaths 48k of deaths 46k have been put down to covid.

the average age of those dead is 80.

the current data of people who will die of undiagnosed but treatable cancer, heart disease, stroke etc is around 30k this year .

thanks to the lack of available care.

their average age is between 30 and 40.

i wouldn’t want to make such decisions. I’m not paid to. But someone has to.

end of the day it’s simple math.

we are killing the economy. Killing children and thier future aspirations over something that isnt That bad.

but idiots are in charge. And they have to out do themselves saying a virus with a 99.7 chance of recovering is the plague.

its a joke

• Agree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Furthermore over 20k of those deaths will, and should be shown as an aberrant failure of a Johnson regime.

He put infected folks into care hones.

the most vulnerable.

he has blood on his hands

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
we have had an increase of 48k of deaths overall, to date this year. (Sept 5th) over an extrapolation of five years past data of deaths.

the current data of people who will die of undiagnosed but treatable cancer, heart disease, stroke etc is around 30k this year .

we are killing the economy. Killing children and thier future aspirations over something that isnt That bad.

but idiots are in charge. And they have to out do themselves saying a virus with a 99.7 chance of recovering is the plague.

its a joke
It's the 21st century. One could be forgiven for expecting a government to come up with an effective test and trace system while developing a vaccine. Rather than herding the old and vulnerable off to die somewhere where they wont bother us. Like we did with lepers five hundred years ago.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
im not sure you get what I’m saying?

”conquering” the financial isn’t a level playing field.

its the equivalent of seeing Manchester United in division 1 and cheering as they put the 8th goal past Plymouth Argyle.

its not a sport.
Thank you.

As I said, many aspects of the sport have escaped you. Stick with the footie, you’ll be alright there. All you need to do is chant and not think.

Who are ya? Who are ya?
(Or around this area, May I enquire after your identity? May I enquire after your identity?)

Last edited:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020

its a joke
It‘s the under 40s who are mainly responsible for spreading the disease. The under 30s even more so and under 20s only care about themselves. They are weak and failed generations, totally lacking self discipline and control, capable only of whining and looking for things to blame. It’s not a big ask to say please don’t mingle and associate in large group, but they aren’t up to the task. No resolve to get the job done.

From your stats, now they appear to be paying a price, which is very sad.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There is at the moment only one malady that has a 100% kill rate
Dementia in it's various forms.

Yet it hardly ever gets any publicity and unlike cancer is largely ignored, from my own personal experience with the medical profession, they will discuss everything else and avoid the subject wherever possible as a lost cause.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
There is at the moment only one malady that has a 100% kill rate
Dementia in it's various forms.

Yet it hardly ever gets any publicity and unlike cancer is largely ignored, from my own personal experience with the medical profession, they will discuss everything else and avoid the subject wherever possible as a lost cause.
When my mother was going downhill, she had two appointments with the dementia unit. Their only concern seemed to be deciding what type of dementia she had. Was it vascular? Or not?

They decided it was probably some mixed sort.

Did this make any difference? No.

Did she die? Yes. About a year later.

Did they treat all sorts of other things? Yes. A liver abscess. They said she had a heart attack - I didn't believe them then, still less now. They prescribed a statin and clopidogrel - and suffered from both.

In my involvement with thyroid disease, I have come across all too many people who were diagnosed with dementia - when they actually had hypothyroidism. Ironically, hypothyroidism rarely obviously causes death. Polar opposite to dementia in that way.

The whole of medicine is divided into areas where there are some bright medics, good diagnosis skills and ideas about treatment and support. And those where at best there is a formulaic, tick-box diagnostic process, little investigation, little or no treatment. And effectively no support.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It's the 21st century. One could be forgiven for expecting a government to come up with an effective test and trace system while developing a vaccine. Rather than herding the old and vulnerable off to die somewhere where they wont bother us. Like we did with lepers five hundred years ago.
The Covid-19 symptom tracker seems to have been at least as useful as anything the government has done. On a shoestring and only recently did it eventually get couple of million of public money. Despite its positives.

(I know it does something very different.)

Still waiting another four days before we get the E&W exposure app. Maybe it won't be very helpful. Maybe it will. But we cannot know without having one.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev and oldgroaner

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It‘s the under 40s who are mainly responsible for spreading the disease. The under 30s even more so and under 20s only care about themselves. They are weak and failed generations, totally lacking self discipline and control, capable only of whining and looking for things to blame. It’s not a big ask to say please don’t mingle and associate in large group, but they aren’t up to the task. No resolve to get the job done.

From your stats, now they appear to be paying a price, which is very sad.
Overall, you might very well be right.

Since masks became compulsory here, the only people I have seen without have been distinctly at the old end of the scale.

I was waiting in a queue outside a bank. Some chap turned up, I guess 60+, had a mask but it was under his chin, pushed past the person at the head of the queue because he only wanted to go in to use the ATM. Same on way out.

I don't know whether it is a matter of attitude or inability to see what they are doing? That is just one example which in various forms has been repeated several times.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Since masks became compulsory here, the only people I have seen without have been distinctly at the old end of the scale.
Of course, because they are the ones who have the greatest difficulty in sustained breathing through one.

I know because I'm one of them. I just get through a ten minute lightning trip around the supermarket but by the time I enter a self checkout booth I have to lift it away for a few moments for some relief and as I leave the supermarket door it gets dropped below my chin for some welcome deep breathing.

And as for the young who don't wear one, I'm sure you are aware of the high prevalence of asthma among the young these days.

Sometimes a little understanding is needed as to why they are not being worn. Not everyone's lungs work well enough.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Of course, because they are the ones who have the greatest difficulty in sustained breathing through one.

I know because I'm one of them. I just get through a ten minute lightning trip around the supermarket but by the time I enter a self checkout booth I have to lift it away for a few moments for some relief and as I leave the supermarket door it gets dropped below my chin for some welcome deep breathing.

And as for the young who don't wear one, I'm sure you are aware of the high prevalence of asthma among the young these days.

Sometimes a little understanding is needed as to why they are not being worn. Not everyone's lungs work well enough.
I have actually been amazed at how many are wearing masks - of all ages. I don't think I have seen a single young person not wearing one in a shop (other than very young children).

But those who are not doing so (as in my example), seem to have a general attitude problem. Pushing in regardless and seeming to say "stuff you". I do not think it is due to asthma, COPD, or whatever.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I have actually been amazed at how many are wearing masks - of all ages. I don't think I have seen a single young person not wearing one in a shop (other than very young children).

But those who are not doing so (as in my example), seem to have a general attitude problem. Pushing in regardless and seeming to say "stuff you". I do not think it is due to asthma, COPD, or whatever.
With respect that 60+ "rude" person might have a dementia

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

I have seen those full face visor things.. being used ..its a foam backed flexible transparent semi cylindrical plastic panel. It covers from eyes to chin, and allows glasses underneath. If one has difficulty breathing, it is an alternative. I was given one to wear when doing the heart stress test and still have it. It does not filter but it directs air downwards. You might consider that as a substitute.

• Informative

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
We seem to be living in a country of believers and non believers split right down the middle. There are many that for genuine medical reasons cant wear masks, others are making excuses because they just don't want to know. I personally know of a great deal of people young and senior who are fit and healthy in every way yet suddenly and conveniently have developed allergies to material on their faces which they didn't have during the winter when they wrapped a scarf around their head to keep out the cold ... funny that.
I was told a story this morning about an office worker in my area who told her bosses that her brother had covid, what did they advise ? She was told to pipe down keep it to herself ( which she obviously did not ) and carry on working, the word irresponsible springs to mind.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
We seem to be living in a country of believers and non believers split right down the middle. There are many that for genuine medical reasons cant wear masks, others are making excuses because they just don't want to know. I personally know of a great deal of people young and senior who are fit and healthy in every way yet suddenly and conveniently have developed allergies to material on their faces which they didn't have during the winter when they wrapped a scarf around their head to keep out the cold ... funny that.
I was told a story this morning about an office worker in my area who told her bosses that her brother had covid, what did they advise ? She was told to pipe down keep it to herself ( which she obviously did not ) and carry on working, the word irresponsible springs to mind.
It’s too wishy-washy. The rules state that you will wear a face mask unless you are exempt. A valid exemption seems to be that you simply don’t want to wear one. People are free to make up an excuse without it being tested for truthfulness.

My suggestion would be to put all these “disabled” people in a room with gas masks available for use. Then fill the room with noxious / irritant gas and see if they put on a gas mask. Those that do put on a mask are clearly lying when they say they can’t wear them, and those who succumb to the gas are genuine.

Why hasn’t this been thought of before?

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
It’s too wishy-washy. The rules state that you will wear a face mask unless you are exempt. A valid exemption seems to be that you simply don’t want to wear one. People are free to make up an excuse without it being tested for truthfulness.

My suggestion would be to put all these “disabled” people in a room with gas masks available for use. Then fill the room with noxious / irritant gas and see if they put on a gas mask. Those that do put on a mask are clearly lying when they say they can’t wear them, and those who succumb to the gas are genuine.

Why hasn’t this been thought of before?
In the context of the collapse of the test and trace system and boris' I'll advised opening of pubs and cheap meals I think blaming the minority who dont wear masks for the **** were in is going along a bit too much with cumming's attempts to deflect blame from where it belongs

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
With respect that 60+ "rude" person might have a dementia
Of course, it is possible. I suspect not that many people with significant levels of dementia go to banks, speak (by name) with the manager, and conduct their own financial affairs. If I am wrong in this instance, I consider it unlikely that every "rude" person suffers dementia.

Advertisers