Brexit, for once some facts.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
It’s too wishy-washy. The rules state that you will wear a face mask unless you are exempt. A valid exemption seems to be that you simply don’t want to wear one. People are free to make up an excuse without it being tested for truthfulness.

My suggestion would be to put all these “disabled” people in a room with gas masks available for use. Then fill the room with noxious / irritant gas and see if they put on a gas mask. Those that do put on a mask are clearly lying when they say they can’t wear them, and those who succumb to the gas are genuine.

Why hasn’t this been thought of before?
I think they did that during the war Barry only they forgot to leave masks in the room. Does seem odd though, I was in a large indoor shopping centre recently masked up of course when a man walked through without one on.
Security "invited" him to leave but he would have non of it, more security staff joined in then shoppers got involved pushing & shoving commenced until they got him outside. I do wonder what the hells going on sometimes, the centre has signs on the doors telling you not to enter without a mask so if it causes you aggro then don't go in ... easy.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
In the context of the collapse of the test and trace system and boris' I'll advised opening of pubs and cheap meals I think blaming the minority who dont wear masks for the **** were in is going along a bit too much with cumming's attempts to deflect blame from where it belongs
I don’t think you can pin this on any one person, organisation or decision. The entire country as a single unit is responsible. The government have made bad decisions and been deliberately vague. The public are also behaving like children, stamping their feet in a tantrum and saying I won’t wear a mask and I won’t stop seeing my friends.

I’m pissed off with all of it. Let them fill their boots, say goodbye to relatives by text message and bury them via Skype. People know what they’ve got to do to stop it and it’s not a big ask. They are twats.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I think they did that during the war Barry only they forgot to leave masks in the room. Does seem odd though, I was in a large indoor shopping centre recently masked up of course when a man walked through without one on.
Security "invited" him to leave but he would have non of it, more security staff joined in then shoppers got involved pushing & shoving commenced until they got him outside. I do wonder what the hells going on sometimes, the centre has signs on the doors telling you not to enter without a mask so if it causes you aggro then don't go in ... easy.
All the bloke had to say was that he’s exempt because his lungs are ****** and he’s in. No one checks. It’s a joke.

Hence my simple but effective test :)

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I don’t think you can pin this on any one person, organisation or decision. The entire country as a single unit is responsible. The government have made bad decisions and been deliberately vague. The public are also behaving like children, stamping their feet in a tantrum and saying I won’t wear a mask and I won’t stop seeing my friends.

I’m pissed off with all of it. Let them fill their boots, say goodbye to relatives by text message and bury them via Skype. People know what they’ve got to do to stop it and it’s not a big ask. They are twats.
Come on. You know as well as I do why we have some of the worst covid stats in the world. And by extension are taking one of the biggest economic hits of all countries. Its cummings and his finger puppets mismanaging a bad situation and turning it into a fiasco. As in March we will again not lockdown soon enough (while observing our neighbours in france and spain do so). And have more avoidable death. And longer more damaging lockdowns. You're not stupid, and I'm trying to believe that you're not sufficiently psychopathic to want to collude with the costly little games boris and cummings play.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Come on. You know as well as I do why we have some of the worst covid stats in the world. And by extension are taking one of the biggest economic hits of all countries. Its cummings and his finger puppets mismanaging a bad situation and turning it into a fiasco. As in March we will again not lockdown soon enough (while observing our neighbours in france and spain do so). And have more avoidable death. And longer more damaging lockdowns. You're not stupid, and I'm trying to believe that you're not sufficiently psychopathic to want to collude with the costly little games boris and cummings play.
I agree with all of that apart from me not being stupid. I am capable of great stupidity.

The situation is far worse than it should have been as a direct result of ineffective government and leadership. Excess deaths can be pinned on Boris Johnson.

However, the public has played a part in all of this. All they need to do is act responsibly, think of others and make easy / moderate sacrifices to their daily routine for a short period of time. But they just can’t do it and they are pathetic.

Reactions: Woosh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But those who are not doing so (as in my example), seem to have a general attitude problem. Pushing in regardless and seeming to say "stuff you". I do not think it is due to asthma, COPD, or whatever.
I haven't seen any of this attitude. Since the law made masks in shops compulsory it seems almost all customers wear them. What is noticeable though is that they go on at the last second of entering and get dropped the instant they leave. It's clear that most people find wearing them as difficult to tolerate as I do.

The majority of the non-wearers are staff members at my large Sainsburys, presumably for the same reason.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I agree with all of that apart from me not being stupid. I am capable of great stupidity.

The situation is far worse than it should have been as a direct result of ineffective government and leadership. Excess deaths can be pinned on Boris Johnson.

However, the public has played a part in all of this. All they need to do is act responsibly, think of others and make easy / moderate sacrifices to their daily routine for a short period of time. But they just can’t do it and they are pathetic.
No, deliberate premeditated misdirection that confuse the public is at the heart of what's happening. I'm not allowed to meet groups of patients in the nhs. But my oh has to meet large groups of students indoors for extended periods tomorrow. All of us have to go to work and cafes and bars to keep tory donors happy. But having wined and dined in large numbers indoors without masks it's all our fault that there's an increase of infection if we do not weat masks on leaving the pub, cafe.
It's a great plan. It keeps the money rolling in for tory donors. It costs lives and damages the fiscus. But the beauty is that it can all be pinned on parts of the public that can then be scapegoated

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It’s too wishy-washy. The rules state that you will wear a face mask unless you are exempt. A valid exemption seems to be that you simply don’t want to wear one. People are free to make up an excuse without it being tested for truthfulness.

My suggestion would be to put all these “disabled” people in a room with gas masks available for use. Then fill the room with noxious / irritant gas and see if they put on a gas mask. Those that do put on a mask are clearly lying when they say they can’t wear them, and those who succumb to the gas are genuine.

Why hasn’t this been thought of before?
As in the British Army?

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
No, deliberate premeditated misdirection that confuse the public is at the heart of what's happening. I'm not allowed to meet groups of patients in the nhs. But my oh has to meet large groups of students indoors for extended periods tomorrow. All of us have to go to work and cafes and bars to keep tory donors happy. But having wined and dined in large numbers indoors without masks it's all our fault that there's an increase of infection if we do not weat masks on leaving the pub, cafe.
It's a great plan. It keeps the money rolling in for tory donors. It costs lives and damages the fiscus. But the beauty is that it can all be pinned on parts of the public that can then be scapegoated
Can’t argue with any of that and I saw straight through the plan straight away.

The fact that MPs are not in the HoC tells you all you need to know about how safe it is to be indoors with other large numbers of people. Restaurants, shops, schools and the like are no different. The virus does not discriminate. Why can’t people understand this?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

The fact that MPs are not in the HoC tells you all you need to know about how safe it is to be indoors with other large numbers of people. Restaurants, shops, schools and the like are no different. The virus does not discriminate. Why can’t people understand this?
I suspect because the law of probability cannot be ignored and in any Human population there are as many people of lower than the bar x for intelligence than there are above it.

Hang on there.....................
Sorry I take that back, clearly that isn't the case in this country.
Silly Oldgroaner:(

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

[/QUOTE]
The british public, as the world and boris discovered with brexit, can (at best) be gullible. And the government has a statutory duty of care towards them. Which it is failing, abysmally, to honour. You're attempt to redirect this via the public not realising their leaders are psychopathic liars to it being individual responsibility emphatically does not wash.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
What's wrong with that? I've been in one of those chambers. It's uncomfortable, but I'm still here.

The Royal Navy once strapped me into a helicopter cockpit, dumped it in a tank of cold water with 3 ft waves, until fully submerged and then inverted it. Did I mention it was in total darkness too? That was to see if I could get out.

Once out, I had to find a life raft with 3 other people, get inside and wait there until told to get out. We were all covered in each others sick at the end of the training drill.

This is what happens. It's no big deal.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
What's wrong with that? I've been in one of those chambers. It's uncomfortable, but I'm still here.

The Royal Navy once strapped me into a helicopter cockpit, dumped it in a tank of cold water with 3 ft waves, until fully submerged and then inverted it. Did I mention it was in total darkness too? That was to see if I could get out.

Once out, I had to find a life raft with 3 other people, get inside and wait there until told to get out. We were all covered in each others sick at the end of the training drill.

This is what happens. It's no big deal.
So what was the point of this post?
"Not sure where you are going with that. Did a Stone Age British soldier gas a cave man at some point in history? "
Am I to take it you are agreeing it is being done or not?
I was simply pointing out it is.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I think Barry may have been the Witch Finder General in a past life;)

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
So what was the point of this post?
"Not sure where you are going with that. Did a Stone Age British soldier gas a cave man at some point in history? "
Am I to take it you are agreeing it is being done or not?
I was simply pointing out it is.
It is being done. I’ve had it done to me.

Advertisers