Brexit, for once some facts.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Well the 4 states have responded and basically said .. Texas you are big on States Rights ..well we are States and we have Rights ,one which is the right to set our own elections.. so ...go and do yourself a mischief.
I heard that Ted Cruz is going to advocate for Texasand that he has a 100% record of success with cases before SCOTUS! Do you think his record is going to finally get spoilt?

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I heard that Ted Cruz is going to advocate for Texasand that he has a 100% record of success with cases before SCOTUS! Do you think his record is going to finally get spoilt?
Hello... not according to my information. Cruz did appear before the US Supreme court on 9 occasions, which is pretty high, and won on 2 out of the 9 . 4 were full losses and 3 were partial ....

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yep,, knew you just made that up.
SCOTUS is likely to dismiss that silly bid tomorrow.
Trump uses litigations to fund his own future.
To me, Trump is the most corrupted politician there is.

Without legal protection of his office, Trump would have been taken to Court for defrauding his followers.

Supreme Court: Battleground states issue blistering rebukes to Texas' lawsuit to invalidate millions of votes - CNNPolitics

quote:

"Texas's effort to get this Court to pick the next President has no basis in law or fact. The Court should not abide this seditious abuse of the judicial process, and should send a clear and unmistakable signal that such abuse must never be replicated," wrote Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro.
The Texas lawsuit, Shapiro said, rested on a "surreal alternate reality."
It is unclear when the Supreme Court will act on the lawsuit.
Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel addressed the lawsuit with equally strong language, writing that "the election in Michigan is over. Texas comes as a stranger to this matter and should not be heard here."
"The challenge here is an unprecedented one, without factual foundation or a valid legal basis," Michigan's brief said.
Chris Carr, the attorney general of Georgia, put more emphasis on the federalism implications of Texas' lawsuit in his filing. "Texas presses a generalized grievance that does not involve the sort of direct state-against-state controversy required for original jurisdiction," he wrote.
"And in any case, there is another forum in which parties who (unlike Texas) have standing can challenge Georgia's compliance with its own election laws: Georgia's own courts."
Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul similarly cast the lawsuit as an "extraordinary intrusion into Wisconsin's and the other defendant States' elections, a task that the Constitution leaves to each State."
The forceful responses -- paired with the Supreme Court's denial of a request from Pennsylvania Republicans to block certification of the commonwealth's election results earlier this week -- mark just the latest repudiations of the increasingly baseless conspiracy theories from the President that his second term is being stolen.
"In a nutshell the President is asking the Supreme Court to exercise its rarest form of jurisdiction to effectively overturn the entire presidential election," said Steve Vladeck, a CNN Supreme Court analyst and University of Texas Law School professor.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
getting concerned about the `no deal` train coming down the tracks???
The ROI should be concerned about the possibility of no deal to the same extent that the UK should also because the law of economics is that our most important trading partners are our neighbours.
I think on balance, both outcomes (deal and no deal) are worth about the same in the short term: we will bear the substantial cost of brexit for one generation.
Brexit gives to most of us a sense of freedom, exciting but what will you do with it is the matter. Don't compare our future with the EU's average, ask yourself, will we do better than Germany, France, Sweden? Will we lose NI and Scotland? Will we have a better deal with the USA, China, India than the deal we have currently?
As for the future, sooner or later, we'll have to participate in the EU's single market. I reckon we'll have to consider re-joining at some stage. If you can't beat them, join them.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
The sooner we get out of the EU the sooner we can start dealing with them again, the deals will start soon enough in the new year surreptitiously of course. Surely those who voted to leave didn't really think........of course not, neither does Boris I believe. The Tunnel won't shut down and ferries won't stop crossing the channel neither will planes, given time It'll be business as usual.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Thr
The ROI should be concerned about the possibility of no deal to the same extent that the UK should also because the law of economics is that our most important trading partners are our neighbours.
I think on balance, both outcomes (deal and no deal) are worth about the same in the short term: we will bear the substantial cost of brexit for one generation.
Brexit gives to most of us a sense of freedom, exciting but what will you do with it is the matter. Don't compare our future with the EU's average, ask yourself, will we do better than Germany, France, Sweden? Will we lose NI and Scotland? Will we have a better deal with the USA, China, India than the deal we have currently?
As for the future, sooner or later, we'll have to participate in the EU's single market. I reckon we'll have to consider re-joining at some stage. If you can't beat them, join them.
The RoI has from before the Brexit vote been very concerned, both with the political implications and the economic losses which would result. The only item we had not factored in was the vitriol coming from the Brexiteer mindset.
We have used the last 4 years to try and decouple our economy from the UK one..a slower job in a lot of ways . Even simple product ranges like mushrooms , cheddar cheese , duck meat and British Railways sandwiches are manufactured in very large quantity for UK consumption. However there are still a lot of UK distribution channels for domestic goods.. B&Q , Boots ,Tesco, House of Fraser, Nescafé ..however many of the UK chains have taken a hammering , particularly with Covid, and have closed up shop in Ireland . Aldi ,Lidl and native Irish chains eg Dunnes ,Primark and SuperValu and are filling up the slack. I have noticed increased amounts of mainland Europe goods in these Irish chains
I am now convinced that there will be no deal in January. What there may well be is a phony peace ,where the EU agrees on a month by month basis to extend the current situation. We will have plenty of beef farmed salmon, ducks ,milk cheese available, but UK consumers may not be able to afford them.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I do wonder how much farm produce we get from the EU that we need so desperately anyway. I drink organic milk that comes from the west country, I can get eggs from a local farm so fresh they're still warm to the touch. Fish ,meat it's all here and in my case in Southern England there's plenty to go round. So much in fact Supermarkets buy it up cheap and sell it fairly cheap too as do Lidl & Aldi.
I can see some stuff we get from Europe becoming scarce and expensive but somehow I don't see eggs suddenly shooting up in price.

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
SCOTUS is likely to dismiss that silly bid tomorrow.
Trump uses litigations to fund his own future.
To me, Trump is the most corrupted politician there is.

Without legal protection of his office, Trump would have been taken to Court for defrauding his followers.

Supreme Court: Battleground states issue blistering rebukes to Texas' lawsuit to invalidate millions of votes - CNNPolitics

quote:

"Texas's effort to get this Court to pick the next President has no basis in law or fact. The Court should not abide this seditious abuse of the judicial process, and should send a clear and unmistakable signal that such abuse must never be replicated," wrote Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro.
The Texas lawsuit, Shapiro said, rested on a "surreal alternate reality."
It is unclear when the Supreme Court will act on the lawsuit.
Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel addressed the lawsuit with equally strong language, writing that "the election in Michigan is over. Texas comes as a stranger to this matter and should not be heard here."
"The challenge here is an unprecedented one, without factual foundation or a valid legal basis," Michigan's brief said.
Chris Carr, the attorney general of Georgia, put more emphasis on the federalism implications of Texas' lawsuit in his filing. "Texas presses a generalized grievance that does not involve the sort of direct state-against-state controversy required for original jurisdiction," he wrote.
"And in any case, there is another forum in which parties who (unlike Texas) have standing can challenge Georgia's compliance with its own election laws: Georgia's own courts."
Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul similarly cast the lawsuit as an "extraordinary intrusion into Wisconsin's and the other defendant States' elections, a task that the Constitution leaves to each State."
The forceful responses -- paired with the Supreme Court's denial of a request from Pennsylvania Republicans to block certification of the commonwealth's election results earlier this week -- mark just the latest repudiations of the increasingly baseless conspiracy theories from the President that his second term is being stolen.
"In a nutshell the President is asking the Supreme Court to exercise its rarest form of jurisdiction to effectively overturn the entire presidential election," said Steve Vladeck, a CNN Supreme Court analyst and University of Texas Law School professor.
Said a CNN guy! You might as well have said that the fairy under the toadstool in your garden told you.
Have you heard the latest on Hunter Biden and Eric Swalwell and their ties to China? The media is going to turn on them. Just watch. Swalwell was on the house Intel committee and was shagging a Chinese spy and she provided Chinese money to support his campaign. The dems are going through a rough time at the moment and it's about to get a lot rougher.

Reactions: mike killay

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Dry Ice Aviation Limits - mentioned the other day and I happened across a very specific article just now:

After running tests that showed it was safe, United asked the Federal Aviation Administration last month to raise the limit so it could fly the Pfizer vaccine from Brussels International Airport to Chicago O’Hare International Airport, according to an F.A.A. letter. The agency agreed, allowing the airline to carry up to 15,000 pounds of dry ice aboard a Boeing 777-224, compared with the previous limit of 3,000 pounds, according to the letter. A single 777 can carry up to one million doses, the airline said.

American and Delta are also working with the agency to increase dry ice limits for vaccine shipment. And Boeing said it had been working closely with passenger and cargo carriers and global regulators to help safely transport as much of the vaccines as possible. In service letters, online symposiums and calls, the airplane manufacturer has shared its own findings on dry ice emission rates and important safety procedures. Boeing also said it was working with other aerospace companies on guidance they could provide to airlines.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/10/business/airlines-vaccines-coronavirus.html

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Why are you recycling old stuff? We've been through this before. How many times have you posted about Covid? What's that got to do with Brexit. Brexit is over now anyway.Three more weeks and you can leave to infest another forum with your biased nonsense. Who are you then going to show all your Guardian clips to?

Anyway, who voted you in to be Emperor of the Pedelecs Forum, especially as you don't post anything about electric bikes.
No one voted you in to be the resident troll sunshine
You made your feelings clear about this thread long ago and have decided recently to come on with the sole purpose of disrupting it by any means available to you you are simply trolling

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Some of the data on them has been distributed across the internet, and you can find it if you know how/where. I've seen some of it, and it's very damning.
I assume if you take this seriously there must be some form of guarantee of the provenance of this data; that the origin is where it is claimed to be and that there has not been any tampering on the way?

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
By deduction, your information is wrong - as usual.
Lets compare that with Krackengate, with explosive revelations on the "Thursday , " . With the is it 300 failed court cases in US courts on the election fraud. Cobbler, stick to your last, as my Mother would say, and give advice on electric power units for bikes, ..you are good at that..or is my information wrong about that also?.

Advertisers