Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Here's another unlikely excuse
"
Fisheries minister did not read Brexit bill as she was busy at nativity
PM stands by Victoria Prentis over admission she was too ‘busy’ to read deal, as SNP calls for resignation

Who's writing this comedy of errors?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
We have all the vaccine we need for the most threatened groups according to the Daily Mail
21 million glimmers of hope: Huge number of Covid-19 vaccines that's now in the UK WILL provide enough doses to hit Boris's target of injecting over-70s, health staff and care home residents by mid-February

Well it's in that bastion of truth the Daily Mail so it must be right.
Actually it's obviously intended to mislead if queried they are likely fall back on "huge numbers" rather than "21 Million"
And most of the doses are at various stages of production, delivery and finally distribution.

Reminds me of the old TV ad where they gave Colonel Custer a mobile phone during the battle of the Little Big Horn
It rings, The fighting stops as Custer answers and shouts
"It's reinforcements!" and rings off
The Indians stop fighting and start to retreat
The phone rings and and Custer answers, shouting
"And they'll be here Wednesday!"

The rest is history o_O

Last edited:

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
I’ve just read that elderly coronavirus patients are to be discharged into care homes without first being tested to see if they still have the disease.

Why would anyone do that? I thought testing capacity was much better now. You can even get a test near me if you have no symptoms. If there is sufficient spare testing capacity to get tested “out of curiosity“ surely a few of those tests should be used on people going into care homes? We know what happens if you put an infected person into one of those places. Who makes these decisions?

Last edited:

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Now we’ve got a Brazilian strain of COVID. It’s more infectious than the one that is more infection than the very infectious strain that was very much more infectious than the MK 1 version.

And flights still land.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Th
I’ve just read that elderly coronavirus patients are to be discharged into care homes with first being tested to see if they still have the disease.

Why would anyone do that? I thought testing capacity was much better now. You can even get a test near me if you have no symptoms. If there is sufficient spare testing capacity to get tested “out of curiosity“ surely a few of those tests should be used on people going into care homes? We know what happens if you put an infected person into one of those places. Who makes these decisions?
The minister for Eugenic Cleansing?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Now we’ve got a Brazilian strain of COVID. It’s more infectious than the one that is more infection than the very infectious strain that was very much more infectious than the MK 1 version.

And flights still land.
We should make the forms as complicated for people to get into the country as they are to export fish to the EU

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I like this
"DUP MP Jeffrey Donaldson on supply issues in Northern Ireland: “The problem is not Brexit, because people in Scotland, Wales and England are not experiencing the problems we’re experiencing here.”
DUP by name DUPE by nature! :cool:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

And flights still land.
The Brazilian is exactly the same as all the other variants. Except that, instead of having spikes all over, it just leaves one strip of them.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Whose joining Volt? (UK rejoin party)
A few prime candidates on here?
Costs £60 to join but you can pay more or less (no questions asked).
Will be interesting seeing who it attracts.
Tony Blair???
Piers Corbyn??
Blurb insists members of all parties are joining but doesn't name any..

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Tony Blair???
But Volt isn't a UK rejoin party and has been around in Europe since 2017
"Volt Europa is a pro-European and European federalist political movement that also serves as the pan-European structure for subsidiary parties in several EU member states. Volt candidates stood on a common, pan-European manifesto in eight member states at the European Parliament elections in May 2019. Wikipedia
So where does it say rejoin?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This is in the Express too
"
Boris Johnson warns EU he won't hesitate to TEAR UP Brexit deal over NI port chaos
BORIS JOHNSON has said he will have "no hesitation" in ripping up checks on goods to Northern Ireland if problems in trade continue.

Note there are two separate and distinct threats, usual Express journalism

Go on then Boris DO SO or stop waffling and blustering
Do you imagine for a moment the EU give a damn?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Tony Blair???
Piers Corbyn??
Blurb insists members of all parties are joining but doesn't name any..
Michael Gove (under another name such as Wormtongue) :cool:

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Michael Gove (under another name such as Wormtongue) :cool:
I won't be joining but that's how democracy works I suppose. If it gets support of public watch the prostitute MPs run to it. They will wait to see how it goes.
My bet is on TB leading it, eventually.
After all, as I, ve often said, the old divisions of labour/tory are not really applicable... Perhaps remain /leave will be new classification.
Will give a place for all the remainers..??Fair enough.

Reactions: oldgroaner

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
All a site healthier than derobed kkk rednecks running around with guns.??

(put as extra comment cos OG had given last one thumbs up)

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
My normal source certainly shows it has peaked, even with 7 day smoothing.

It also shows quite a few similar looking peaks that turned out just to be local maxima. Obviously deaths will follow behind, so even if the peak in cases is real, deaths (and as Zlatan says ICU cases) are not peaked yet.

Very much fingers crossed time ...
One more day and cases still improving. Deaths still on steep upward slope though, as we would expect; they should drop in a week or two. (Hopefully sooner, but not too much hope on that one)

Spain on alarming up of cases; I don't know if that is the UK variant starting to spread significantly there?
p.s.
According to https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/spain-new-covid-19-infections-double-from-last-week/2106426 (not sure how reliable that is, but claiming to quote Fernando Simon, Spain’s chief epidemiologist )
This has nothing to do with the new variant, it has to do with having more fun over the holidays than we should have,” he explained.

Advertisers