Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You won't change habits of a lifetime.
But to be fair" not altogether impressed " is an improvement. Be careful it's almost positive,but like vaccination programme a long way to go yet.. Keep trying...
And never said it wasn't available to EU states, you are answering your own doubts not my accusations. I didn't make any.

But perhaps time for us all to take stock and be objective rather than sticking to polical doctrine/dogma.
UK has vaccinated just under 5% of population and 350,000 people have had both shots. Impressive achievements by any standards. As was getting vaccine in first place. Glass half empty OG, well your arm...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer

5 minutes ago
I did take stock and I'm not impressed.
I really don't see the point of making out than at 5% and the job half done, taking a chance despite the advice of the people who made the vaccine, and in our desperation to look "World Beating" we waived any liability on their part is at all impressive.
The Motive was not the benefit of the people it was political and all about "sovereignty" and British exceptionalism.
And all about a vaccine that was a collaboration between pfizer (a company with a terrible reputation which I already highlighted in an earlier post) and a government desperate enough to take the huge risk of cancelling any liability on that company, and not content with that change the dosage period against its explicit instructions.
They are setting an example for the future where big companies are exempt from liability no matter how dire if it makes the government look good.
What sort of an Engineer condones such a practice?
Not this sort, no way
By the way, why did you imagine I had a political slant on this? it's just wanton and wilful abuse of political power in it's most obvious form.
"My Dear Ernst, you can rely on me to do what is expedient" all over again

I have no idea why the comments didn't load trying again

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I really don't see the point of making out than at 5% and the job half done, taking a chance despite the advice of the people who made the vaccine, and in our desperation to look "World Beating" we waived any liability on their part is at all impressive.
The Motive was not the benefit of the people it was political and all about "sovereignty" and British exceptionalism.
And all about a vaccine that was a collaboration between pfizer (a company with a terrible reputation which I already highlighted in an earlier post) and a government desperate enough to take the huge risk of cancelling any liability on that company, and not content with that change the dosage period against its explicit instructions.
They are setting an example for the future where big companies are exempt from liability no matter how dire if it makes the government look good.
Not this sort, no way
By the way, why did you imagine I had a political slant on this? it's just wanton and wilful abuse of political power in it's most obvious form.

Reactions: Woosh

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
These things are not like faucets (OK - taps to you and me) - that you turn on and off as needed.

NEWS
16/01/2021 12:55 GMT

Donald Trump's Far-Right Extremist Army Has Turned On Him
The monster that Trump created doesn’t need him anymore.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/donald-trumps-far-right-extremist-army-has-turned-on-him_uk_6002de58c5b6df63a917078a?utm_hp_ref=uk-news
Amazing how now after he, s done all the damage, amassed a lawless Brigade founded on lies who are probably more dangerous and deranged than he is... he, s now banned from social media outlets. Hitler had to take over media before he started his indoctrination of public. Trump, and lots of others, just post on twitter, fb, YouTube.. Etc etc. They are given their outlets for free.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No comment visible OG..
I have reposted, sorry about that I really am having trouble with getting the replies to post with the quotes ,for some reason
This time the quote was disappeared even though i used the edit button

• Informative
Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Not this sort, no way
But you had the jab..

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Correction I had the first one of two specification call for within 21 days, and what guarantee have we on the putative date of 84 days at this point?
So you are at best 50% correct
If it was a point of principle for you you would have asked to delay first jab until you could have 2nd jab within 21 days. (ie wait 6 weeks) Then if that was not possible you would have (or I would) declined vaccination.
But you didn't, you accepted what you see as a dangerous regime proving it is not a point of principle with you but merely something to attack government with.Again proving your prejudice.
No,you,d rather take the protection early and come on here and decry the very people trying to save you,the NHS, Mhra, JVCI and ultimately the government.

Had you declined vaccination I would have respected your opinion and decision. As it is you sold out. Took the vaccination but then moan about it...indefinitely.
Its the height of hypocrisy.

Obviously the chosen regime is not ideal but I can understand reasoning and making choice to do so (or not do so) comes with risks. They are taking these risks in an attempt to save lives. Germany are considering doing same, Denmark have decided to do same. WHO have said yes its not ideal but support countries wishing to follow this route.
Again, I, m just glad it ain't me having to make such decisions.

Last edited:
Reactions: POLLY

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thousands of Twitter and Facebook accounts exist which can be traced directly back to official organisations within China.
that's nothing special. Bots don't have passports.
I am tired of your xenophobic posts - admin is quite right redacting the last one.
They are not funny anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: Wicky

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
But perhaps time for us all to take stock and be objective rather than sticking to polical doctrine/dogma.
UK has vaccinated just under 5% of population and 350,000 people have had both shots. Impressive achievements by any standards. As was getting vaccine in first place. Glass half empty OG, well your arm...
Meanwhile...

• Informative
Reactions: POLLY and Zlatan

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
We can all relax now. they've found the root cause of covid-19 at last. All you have to do is denounce your white privelige and it's over, so we will all be back to normal soon:

• Disagree
Reactions: Danidl and POLLY

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If it was a point of principle for you you would have asked to delay first jab until you could have 2nd jab within 21 days. (ie wait 6 weeks) Then if that was not possible you would have (or I would) declined vaccination.
But you didn't, you accepted what you see as a dangerous regime proving it is not a point of principle with you but merely something to attack government with.Again proving your prejudice.
No,you,d rather take the protection early and come on here and decry the very people trying to save you,the NHS, Mhra, JVCI and ultimately the government.

Had you declined vaccination I would have respected your opinion and decision. As it is you sold out. Took the vaccination but then moan about it...indefinitely.
Its the height of hypocrisy.

Obviously the chosen regime is not ideal but I can understand reasoning and making choice to do so (or not do so) comes with risks. They are taking these risks in an attempt to save lives. Germany are considering doing same, Denmark have decided to do same. WHO have said yes its not ideal but support countries wishing to follow this route.
Again, I, m just glad it ain't me having to make such decisions.
Now you are being silly I have every right to take the jab and complain about the way it is being administered, are you out of your mind?
The points I made are valid and should not have been interfered with to score points with people like you who are prepared to take dangerous gambles that could endanger people's lives, on the assumption you know what is best for them, nor waive the liability of the company supplying the drug
They are taking these risks without the permission of the person affected this is not something than anyone should approve of, once this is taken as a right it is a very dangerous precedent.
You seem to see everything as basically an attack on the Government, tell me why is that? what have they actually done to engender this strange admiration you have for them?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
We can all relax now. They've found the root cause of covid-19 at last. All you have to do is denounce your white privelige and it's over, so we will all be back to normal soon. I've now chucked away my masks and handwash because they're not needed anymore, as I don't have a racist cell in my body to get the virus. I wondered why it didn't affect those that massed together in the BLM protests. Now it all makes sense:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Covid-19: Norway investigates 23 deaths in frail elderly patients after vaccination
BMJ 2021; 372 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n149 (Published 15 January 2021) Cite this as: BMJ 2021;372:n149
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n149
This is why there is a 15 minute wait after receiving the vaccine injection before being released to go home, in case of a sudden adverse reaction.

The purpose of that wait is debatable though. Do they have an antidote to administer to save one's life, or is it to control and contain the news of such deaths?

• Agree

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
We can all relax now. they've found the root cause of covid-19 at last. All you have to do is denounce your white privelige and it's over, so we will all be back to normal soon:
Have you tried speaking to your doctor (or hospital relatives) about your many problems...

While black and Asian staff represent only 21% of the NHS workforce, early analysis showed that they accounted for 63% of deaths among health and social care workers, the authors said.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
This is why there is a 15 minute wait after receiving the vaccine injection before being released to go home, in case of a sudden adverse reaction.

The purpose of that wait is debatable though. Do they have an antidote to administer to save one's life, or is it to control and contain the news of such deaths?
I think they want you around for a short while after so If there's an adverse reaction they can epipen, cpr and get an ambulance pronto. It's not unusual and same is done for routine flu jabs etc. no conspiracy.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

In our case nobody actually told us how long we should wait, most sat down for a couple minutes said things like "That'll do" and "I haven't time sit here in the hope of dying, I'll do it on the bus"
At which point we were left waiting more out of curiosity to see if anyone came to tell us "You can go now" No one did, I only stayed out of curiosity and looking back no one recorded when we went into the seating area.
It was all done with the high standard of organisation we can thank Brexit for

Advertisers