Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I've had that whitish scaled tongue many times in my adult life so I wouldn't link it with Covid. More likely to be a minor internal upset, though the last time I remember it was when I had a severe allergic reaction to clarithromycin in early Autumn 2019.
What you are describing is usually thrush... My son will get it often after his cocktails of antibiotics

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: daveboy and flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
BMJ report:

Covid-19: Norway investigates 23 deaths in frail elderly patients after vaccination
BMJ 2021; 372 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n149 (Published 15 January 2021) Cite this as: BMJ 2021;372:n149
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n149
Of course disturbing.. but all real medications are double edged and anything can drive an elderly person with preconditions over the edge. Eg. solpadiene generally viewed as not a particularly strong analgesic, can have the unfortunate effect of paralyzing the gut, and may require surgical intervention.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Of course disturbing.. but all real medications are double edged and anything can drive an elderly person with preconditions over the edge. Eg. solpadiene generally viewed as not a particularly strong analgesic, can have the unfortunate effect of paralyzing the gut, and may require surgical intervention.
What we don't need right now is some conspiracy nut case saying the vaccine had been designed to "kill or cure"
Speaking of nut cases before Zlatan reminds me this particular nut case did mention such a situation in jest
As Hagrid of Harry Potter fame said

Ooops! I should not have said that! :oops:

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Hypocrisy Tory style

And the reality?
Vicky Ford. Voted AGAINST free school meals and claimed £51k in expenses last year.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Thousands of Twitter and Facebook accounts exist which can be traced directly back to official organisations within China. They are used to spread and promote the sort of information above. The Chinese accounts also promote not wearing face coverings, anti-vaccine propaganda and Covid hoax theory. According to the most trustworthy news sources I can find (it also seems to be a common story across all news sources), China is obstructing the WHO’s investigation into the start of the Coronavirus outbreak. Why?

We also know what the Chinese is doing to Uighur Muslims and in Hong Kong.

I have made my feelings regarding China very clear on these pages, but the moderators removed my post.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
A diet of worms for leave.eu:

‘Internexit’ for Leave.EU as domain name temporarily suspended
Error message greets visitors to site registered in name of Irish businessman who claims he does not know campaign group
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/15/leaveeu-has-domain-name-temporarily-suspended

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me
I think I'll go eat worms!
Big fat juicy ones
Eensie weensy squeensy ones
See how they wiggle and squirm!

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Hypocrisy Tory style

And the reality?
Vicky Ford. Voted AGAINST free school meals and claimed £51k in expenses last year.
This sort of thing does happen. Assistance for children will be spent on fags, booze and Loto tickets. How widespread the problem is, I don’t know.

This is why food should be provided directly to those who need it, the children. I’ve said many times that food outlets forced to close due to Coronavirus are desperate to get involved in providing school meals. Taxi firms are offering to deliver them. This would keep people off Furlough, help the hospitality industry and make sure the food goes where it’s needed.

• Disagree
Reactions: Wicky and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This sort of thing does happen. Assistance for children will be spent on fags, booze and Loto tickets. How widespread the problem is, I don’t know.

This is why food should be provided directly to those who need it, the children. I’ve said many times that food outlets forced to close due to Coronavirus are desperate to get involved in providing school meals. Taxi firms are offering to deliver them. This would keep people off Furlough, help the hospitality industry and make sure the food goes where it’s needed.
Indeed we know all this, but compared the the massive corruption of the Tory politicians regarding supply of school meals it was peanuts, but bound to be used to inflame right wing support

Advertisers