Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
There is Science and there is Spin. There is engineering and marketing. There is fact and there is folly. Regrettably you are on one side of this argument, the rest of Scientific community on the other. For my part, I am happier to remained in the cocooned semilife for a bit longer, knowing that those who need it the most are getting the right treatment,rather than everyone getting something half assed .
Can you translate this for us Danidl.

• :D
Reactions: Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
There is Science and there is Spin. There is engineering and marketing. There is fact and there is folly. Regrettably you are on one side of this argument, the rest of Scientific community on the other. For my part, I am happier to remained in the cocooned semilife for a bit longer, knowing that those who need it the most are getting the right treatment,rather than everyone getting something half assed .
Like you, I’m not a medical professional. Like you, I’m not qualified to say who is right and who is wrong.

England’s Deputy Chief Medical Officer (and the Chief Medical Officer) have said delaying the second dose in order to maximise the number of people who can be protected from hospitalisation and death is the best course of action at this time. Both have said that after one dose, no one was admitted to hospital or died. Both Chiefs have been red-carded by the government for not towing the political line in the past. I believe they tend to speak their minds and resist governmental pressure

I choose to believe JVT and Whitty. If you choose not to, then that’s your right, but it doesn’t make you right.

Like you, I’m in no rush to be vaccinated, but I would like to see as many people as possible vaccinated against death and hospitalisation ASAP. ie one dose.

I’m happy for my second vaccination dose to be used to help someone else.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am happier to remained in the cocooned semilife for a bit longer, knowing that those who need it the most are getting the right treatment,rather than everyone getting something half assed .
Me too.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Reactions: POLLY

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just remind me how this dovetails into JVT’s delayed second vaccination advice?

My sourdough starter hasn’t risen. ******* Tory bastards.
It illustrates the attitude prevalent in your favoured party towards our heath or can't you understand the implications?
Too thick obviously

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Like you, I’m not a medical professional. Like you, I’m not qualified to say who is right and who is wrong.

England’s Deputy Chief Medical Officer (and the Chief Medical Officer) have said delaying the second dose in order to maximise the number of people who can be protected from hospitalisation and death is the best course of action at this time. Both have said that after one dose, no one was admitted to hospital or died. Both Chiefs have been red-carded by the government for not towing the political line in the past. I believe they tend to speak their minds and resist governmental pressure

I choose to believe JVT and Whitty. If you choose not to, then that’s your right, but it doesn’t make you right.

Like you, I’m in no rush to be vaccinated, but I would like to see as many people as possible vaccinated against death and hospitalisation ASAP. ie one dose.

I’m happy for my second vaccination dose to be used to help someone else.
Great Post Jesus.

What was the football saying.
Jesus saves but Clark scores on rebound.

Can't imagine how it feels to be called thick by a crap salesman. That is a low point. Never called me thick, everything else mind.

Reactions: oldgroaner

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
OG keeps telling us how terrible Tories are and has been doing so for 4 years but does nothing about it. He hasn't joined Volt UK to get us back in EU, he didn't even know it existed. He hasn't joined Labour or Unite or Momentum or anything else.
He hasn't realised we simply do not have an alternative. Labour destroyed itself between Blair, Momentum and Corbyn. The first took us to an illegal war on lies, the second is stuck in 1923 and the third a Marxist.
Notice Blair's son is now worth 70 million pounds. Corbyn's son is a drug dealer and his brother a covid denier.
And you now want us to support Labour. Give us a rest OG. Labour is dead and buried.
At the moment no matter what you think we are all right wing tories. The left simply does not exist. When it returns by people doing something and not just making noise let me know. In mean time I try and get behind the govt, NHS, PHE and try and have faith and try and applaud achievements.
Hiroo Onada fought on until 1974 how long are you planning to keep moaning.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Science says 2 jabs 21 days apart!. .. Is that simple enough?.
SOME science say 2 jabs 21 days apart. England’s Chief and Deputy Chief Medical Officers say it’s acceptable to extend the 21 day interval for the greater good of getting some level of protection which prevents serious complications into people.

My choice is to go with JVT, I think he talks a great deal of sense. You may choose to become someone else. That’s your choice, but it doesn’t make it the correct course of action.

Reactions: Zlatan and POLLY

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
OG keeps telling us how terrible Tories are and has been doing so for 4 years but does nothing about it. He hasn't joined Volt UK to get us back in EU, he didn't even know it existed. He hasn't joined Labour or Unite or Momentum or anything else.
He hasn't realised we simply do not have an alternative. Labour destroyed itself between Blair, Momentum and Corbyn. The first took us to an illegal war on lies, the second is stuck in 1923 and the third a Marxist.
Notice Blair's son is now worth 70 million pounds. Corbyn's son is a drug dealer and his brother a covid denier.
And you now want us to support Labour. Give us a rest OG. Labour is dead and buried.
I’m hoping Starmer will give us a credible alternative. If Corbyn and his muppets were still influential in Labour I’d vote Boris again, again and again and I hate him and all he stands for. That’s how bad Corbyn was.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
But the compamy says four to twelve weeks for the AZ. You want to reduce that to less than they say?
I realise that MHRA authorised 4-12 weeks between the first and second dose (AZ) but my guess is they are under pressure to do our government bidding.
The AZ vaccine should be approved by EMA soon, before the end of the month. Let's wait for their conditions of approval.

• Agree
Reactions: POLLY and flecc

Advertisers