Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Looks like right now...

The White House has issued invitations for a ceremony at the base, with attendees told to arrive at 7.15am and the event due to start 45 minutes later. Few details have been released about the event, but Trump is reportedly keen on a lavish affair, featuring a 21-gun salute, a color guard, a military band and reams of supporters, CNN reported.

Wouldn't it be amusing if someone mis-read the orders and had arranged a slavish affair, a toy gun salute, a persons of color guard? And loads of reamed supporters. :)

(I think they are five hours behind us.)

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Apart from your vaccine. Oh and your wife's.
And sort of like France, Germany, Belgium, Etc etc... with regards handling pandemic. But yet again you know exactly why some countries have done worse than others both before its finished and before a thorough investigation. But being objective makes me an apologist.
And BTW you called Jesus thick. You called me an apologist.
Hypocrite.
And on crap engineers, when I was a kid our bog could have flushed a dead dog down loo. Bet you had something to do with the modern ones with see you again and again flushing systems. Bet you were a pedantic hypocrite then giving us all crap bogs.
But no doubt that's Boris' fault too.
Hypocrite.
Anger management problems again?
He wants to vote again for a man who has caused so much death and suffering through his incompetence?
Would you like me to call that clever?

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Report on TV yesterday reckoned there was good evidence Mexico is only recording around one in four deaths. Its estimated their true death toll is around 200,000...???
There has been a world wide systematic failure for this to happen..What on earth have Who been doing past 20 years?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Anger management problems again?
He wants to vote again for a man who has caused so much death and suffering through his incompetence?
Would you like me to call that clever?
Who do you suggest voting for OG?
Because
A) There isn't an election.
B) If there was there is no alternative.

How many times OG, just put your money where your mouth is and do something. Join Volt UK or something. Stand as an MP, but FFS stop repeating your same crap on here.
You have all these high ideals and ideas about how bad our govt is but do feck all, apart from roll up for your vaccine, then moan at the wait, then tell us all you have a right for second, tell Jesus he, s thick, tell me I, m an apologist.
Blah, blah, blah.
You are worse than a hypocrite.
We have not got opportunity to vote or not vote for Boris and I never said anything remotely approaching I, d vote for Boris next time.
Jesus OG. Your madness has returned.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree with most of that, but we are where we are. I doubt Boris Johnson has taken this decision independently. Whitty & Van-Tam wouldn’t be on board if they thought it was the wrong choice within the circumstances we face.
True, but in these indecisive areas where there's not enough medical facts for certainty, there's too much room for political pressure to be the final arbiter. And we all know how stubborn Boris Johnson is when getting his own way.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Looks like right now...

The White House has issued invitations for a ceremony at the base, with attendees told to arrive at 7.15am and the event due to start 45 minutes later. Few details have been released about the event, but Trump is reportedly keen on a lavish affair, featuring a 21-gun salute, a color guard, a military band and reams of supporters, CNN reported.

Wouldn't it be amusing if someone mis-read the orders and had arranged a slavish affair, a toy gun salute, a persons of color guard? And loads of reamed supporters. :)

(I think they are five hours behind us.)
Bizarre - the VIPs are all maskless - but their children are wearing masks! Complete inversion of what we see in supermarkets, etc.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Cheer up this is in the Telegraph and clearly a tad optimistic

:cool:
OG . I have referred to this before. In the dying weeks of the Obama administration, Biden visited a family connection, even closer than Ballina. The Finnegan Pub near Templeton Beach on the Cooley Peninsula, 20 miles from me here. This was , I believed, what he expected to be his swansong.. a very low key family visit with second cousins with no pomp and circumstance. I only knew about it because I traveled up from Dublin the same day and saw a policeman on every flyover and asked the one at my exit . The significance of this is that Templeton looks over at NI. He sees himself as part of the Irish American community, and had more claim than most.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Report on TV yesterday reckoned there was good evidence Mexico is only recording around one in four deaths. Its estimated their true death toll is around 200,000...???
There has been a world wide systematic failure for this to happen..What on earth have Who been doing past 20 years?
You've got yourself confused, this can be nothing at all to do with a worldwide systematic failure by anyone.

It could be to do with a systemic Mexican failure, note the correct word.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Yes - that is one interesting way. When last I read about it, I think I had failed to appreciate the variable release aspect properly.

If they can be applied by someone with very little training, that would also be an advantage. (I'd like to go further and suggest we each do our own but I know full well that many would not be done, and there would be no audit trail.)

Agreed about the refrigeration aspect.

The article seems to major on pain. Sorry, folks, but a bit of pain is neither here nor there. (Slightly different if someone has allodynia, CRPS, or other major issue with pain.)
Since I have given myself the flu jab, ..it is no big deal to self medicate. Putting it in context, it is much harder replacing the headlamp bulb in an Audi.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
@oldgroaner where do you stand on Professor Jonathan Van-Tam? Credible medical professional or lieutenant in the facist plot?

Don’t allow yourself to become sidetracked when answering. Doctor or Nazi Scientist will do. Cheers.
Not interested in your childish simplifications, keep them

And then
Jonathan Van-Tam says Britons may wear face masks 'for YEARS'
He's a man who at times is a Pawn of the government
when pressured otherwise a competent professional, is suspect he struggles to balance the ethics of doing both
Your version?

Oh and by the way face protection was understood even when I was a child with the old couplet
"Coughs and sneezes
Spread diseases
trap the germs in your handkerchief"
Crude but demonstrates there is nothing new there to discover

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Not in charge of Mexico?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Not interested in your childish simplifications, keep them

And then
Jonathan Van-Tam says Britons may wear face masks 'for YEARS'
He's a man who at times is a Pawn of the government
when pressured otherwise a competent professional, is suspect he struggles to balance the ethics of doing both
Your version?
OG .. on one level he is correct . Masks are a very poor substitute for social distancing . And that is the very simple message he should have been selling.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Very odd! I have heard of Audis with two headlamp bulbs. And none (as mine). But never one!
Unless one is an octopus, we usually replace them one at a time. Hint in the model I had, one had to remove the Air intake assembly first . Now if I was a pedantic person, I would say there are 4 bulbs in the cluster, but since that is impossible, I will refrain

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
True, but in these indecisive areas where there's not enough medical facts for certainty, there's too much room for political pressure to be the final arbiter. And we all know how stubborn Boris Johnson is when getting his own way.
Remember the statement "Experts advise, ministers decide"

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Unless one is an octopus, we usually replace them one at a time. Hint in the model I had, one had to remove the Air intake assembly first . Now if I was a pedantic person, I would say there are 4 bulbs in the cluster, but since that is impossible, I will refrain
None in mine.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Whitty & Van-Tam wouldn’t be on board if they thought it was the wrong choice within the circumstances we face.
Sage members may be independent but Whitty & Van-Tam are hired scientists/doctors like hired lawyers. They are paid to front the briefings.
Do you think a lawyer would refuse to defend someone if he suspect the guy is guilty?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It would have been exactly the same under Corbyn, maybe worse if he’s anything like his crack-pot idiot brother.
No. Jeremy faced with Covid-19 would have dithered and still be dithering with no decisions. That is what he does when faced with a choice between two bad options, so he sensibly does nothing, leaving it to fate.

So we'd have effectively ended up like Sweden at doing as little as possible about the pandemic.

After all this time their death rate is 24% below ours, their kids haven't lost education or missed exams and they haven't added countless billions to their national debt, a huge win, win. Against our lose, lose of the world's highest death rate, crippling debt and kids education in chaos.

Just as I told you all would happen last year when I praised Sweden's approach, but as usual you wouldn't accept it.

And please don't once again try to tell me Sweden is different because that is bunkum. They are directly comparable.

Advertisers