Brexit, for once some facts.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Did anyone see Piers Morgan interviewing Gavin Williamson on GM TV this morning? I never usually watch it, but it came on when I switched the set on.

Morgan absolutely destroyed Williamson. He’d clearly done his research and reeled off blunder after blunder after blunder. He did an excellent job on Williamson and completely exposed him as the incompetent education secretary and idiotic clown that we all know he is. The man is literally incapable of tying his own shoelaces without injuring himself.

This country is ******.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I, d be phoning them flecc. Wife worked in NHS for a while, she reckons if older folk don't see doctor or nurse etc for a while they presume you are dead!!!
Phone up and pester. Put OG on it, he's pretty good at moaning..
Seriously, phone them flecc. It's not on.
Actually, don't phone, email your surgery manager and include your MP in address list. That normally provokes a response.
You do have a right for your vaccine.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, much appreciated :cool:

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Did anyone see Piers Morgan interviewing Gavin Williamson on GM TV this morning? I never usually watch it, but it came on when I switched the set on.

Morgan absolutely destroyed Williamson. He’d clearly done his research and reeled off blunder after blunder after blunder. He did an excellent job on Williamson and completely exposed him as the incompetent education secretary and idiotic clown that we all know he is. The man is literally incapable of tying his own shoelaces without injuring himself.

This country is ******.
How many politicians nowadays would you actually want to be your doctor, solicitor or kids head teacher... Shame but I can't actually think of any. Most of them you, d speak to and leave office, going to another business, school.???
Probably getting old but it seemed years ago politician's were, or appeared and sounded, more statesman like... Well most of them..
Seems if they are sincere, trustworthy, dependable, honest, they are in wrong profession.
Why isn't Michael Palin an MP... Or David Attenborough... We get Ozzy Osborne and Keith Richards... if we are lucky..

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Just spoke with friend who runs care home.
They had a bit of an outbreak late December. 5 "a bit ill" and a further 9 positive tests. One of whom is 91 and been at deaths door for 6 months. Just had all tested, all negative, all OK. Not a single fatality. Old chap said he just felt a bit tired for a few days.!!!
I can't figure this disease.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Wife worked in NHS for a while, she reckons if older folk don't see doctor or nurse etc for a while they presume you are dead!!!
That actually happened to me in this same practice. In my middle years I hadn't been to the doctor for 15 years and they couldn't find my records when I at last made an appointment.

When I attended for the appointment they told me they'd found my records where they'd archived them in the basement.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just spoke with friend who runs care home.
They had a bit of an outbreak late December. 5 "a bit ill" and a further 9 positive tests. One of whom is 91 and been at deaths door for 6 months. Just had all tested, all negative, all OK. Not a single fatality. Old chap said he just felt a bit tired for a few days.!!!
I can't figure this disease.
I agree, this shows with the large proportion who have contracted covid but had no idea they had. Up to 25 % in peak areas like London and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn I'm one of them. Had all the symptoms, mild effects and several days of tiredness following, which keeps recurring from time to time.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
He should not have had that second dose. He’s taken someone else’s first vaccination, and if the government’s policy is to be believed, he has left another person vulnerable to serious Covid complications by doing so.

This stinks, I hate it and it’s another example of the absence of leadership.
Man in his late 70s gets the officially licensed dose!. Really nothing to see here move on. The real scandal is not giving the 2nd Jab at the interval specified by the drugs designers.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The committee responsible (?) is going ahead with plans for this year's London Marathon with 50,000 runners according to tonight's news. They've decribed this as a beacon of hope for the future!

Should do wonders for the infection rate, masses of heavy breathing unmasked runners packed shoulder to shoulder for several hours in the usual way for this event.

However spectators will not be allowed and this year the event will be confined to circuits of St James Park instead of London's roads. But the foreign top competitors will be still be flying in to compete.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The committee responsible (?) is going ahead with plans for this year's London Marathon with 50,000 runners. They've decribed this as a beacon of hope for the future!

Should do wonders for the infection rate, masses of heavy breathing unmasked runners packed shoulder to shoulder for several hours in the usual way for this event.
Raving mad.. Why can't folk cope just modifying behaviour slightly.. By all means go running but in crowds ffs. Bonkers.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Has anyone noticed the child step Priti Patel has to use at the Downing Street briefings so that she can see over the top of the lectern?
Yes, I noticed that.

You may also have noticed that both entry doors to the briefing room are opened when she delivers a Downing Street briefing. This is so that she can get her fat arse through the door.

She also has a wider lectern than the other presenters. This is to hide her fat arse from public view.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
The committee responsible (?) is going ahead with plans for this year's London Marathon with 50,000 runners according to tonight's news. They've decribed this as a beacon of hope for the future!

However spectators will not be allowed and this year the event will be confined to circuits of St James Park instead of London's roads. But the foreign top competitors will be still be flying in to compete.
It’s a a money scam. Pre Covid, I entered several cycling & running events scheduled for 2020. Every event was cancelled and no refund given. The same events companies are now emailing me again trying to get me to enter 2021 events.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev and Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It’s a a money scam. Pre Covid, I entered several cycling & running events scheduled for 2020. Every event was cancelled and no refund given. The same events companies are now emailing me again trying to get me to enter 2021 events.
I don't think so this time, it's a charity event and always has been.

The race is currently organised by Hugh Brasher, son of Chris, as Race Director and Nick Bitel as Chief Executive and the event run by Prudential RideLondon

Since the event was first held in 2013, Prudential RideLondon has raised more than £53 million for charity.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Under the topic "Sport"???

No.10 Warns Public Not To Use Tech Loopholes To 'Queue Jump' For Vaccination
Downing Street weighs in after reports of Swiftqueue system being abused in London and the north.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/no10-warns-public-not-to-queue-jump-vaccine_uk_60097defc5b6df63a91d94be

The irony of this immediately after the Johnson the Elder second vaccine story.

I had no idea about any of this!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/20/covid-vaccines-taken-by-people-skipping-the-queue-with-it-loophole-13936383/

• :D
  • Informative
Reactions: Nev and POLLY

Advertisers