Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
China has already overtaken the USA in 2018, thanks to Donald Trump and the Chinese government knows it.
Trump's 'America first' policy actually helps China exports and drives FDDI to China.
Last year, China received more FDDI than any other country.
Suppose it depends how it is measured.
Either way Trump and or Covid have brought it forward.

UK has vaccinated 6.3 million. Both data streams say that OG???
(roughly 14% of targeted population, 20 million or so will not be receiving jab, Pfizer went down to 12 Yr olds in trials but others didn't go below 18)
I believe no under 18s and people with immune issues will be vaccinated. (trials are going on for children's vaccine)
I did read Antibody preventive jabs were being used for folk with depressed immune systems.?? (tried it as cure, didn't work, but in trials it prevented infection(or illness??) Its on Google..)

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
yes, you are correct. Some rankings do not take the cost of living into account, you can buy a lot more with $25,000 a year in China than in the USA.
BTW, I track Covid here:
491,970 people got vaccinated last Saturday 23rd.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Nearly 500,000 vaccinations were administered on Saturday. Whatever your thoughts on the Tory Party, the unevenness of the rollout or the single dose strategy, to be injecting half a million people per day is an achievement worthy of praise. This number is set to rise, so the wait for the second vaccination may be shorter than anticipated.
Curious how silly questions can enter my head.

Of those delivering vaccines (develop, manufacture, distribute, arrange, inject), how many did or would vote tory?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Curious how silly questions can enter my head.

Of those delivering vaccines (develop, manufacture, distribute, arrange, inject), how many did or would vote tory?
Most. Its why they are in power.
But lots claim to be labour until they put cross on paper..

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: Woosh

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Either way Trump and or Covid have brought it forward.

UK has vaccinated 6.3 million. Both data streams say that OG???
(roughly 14% of targeted population, 20 million or so will not be receiving jab, Pfizer went down to 12 Yr olds in trials but others didn't go below 18)
I believe no under 18s and people with immune issues will be vaccinated. (trials are going on for children's vaccine)
I did read Antibody preventive jabs were being used for folk with depressed immune systems.?? (tried it as cure, didn't work, but in trials it prevented infection(or illness??) Its on Google..)
Remember that these are the figures from NIMMS database
Cumulative total is actually 3,981,445 8th Dec to 17th Jan
So where did UK has vaccinated 6.3 million. come from?
Comprising 3,537,847 first dose
433598 second dose

I don't doubt everyone is doing the best they can, but some of the figures just don't add up, and frankly the one that really matters is the second dose

• Agree
Reactions: POLLY and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
UK has vaccinated 6.3 million.
That's 1.1 million more than needed to include the whole top priority group including ALL the over 80s. Yet their vaccination coverage is as low as 15% in one region and ony 50% in the capital city of London.

Far from being a success, by chucking vaccinations out randomly just to be able to say we've injected more people than most, the Covid vaccination program is yet another great British failure.

So now by misusing the vaccine in that way we're running out of vaccine and the most vulnerable are being left exposed for week after week while the new variant is running riot in their areas. At least that will help to maintain our other record number, that of deaths.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I don't doubt everyone is doing the best they can, but some of the figures just don't add up, and frankly the one that really matters is the second dose
Are all second doses equal, though?

Although we are not getting to the 12 week gap yet, many must be waiting more than 21 days for their second dose. If the gap matters as much as some fear, simply having had a second dose might not provide the additional cover that Pfizer/BioNTech claim. (Or it might!)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
yes, you are correct. Some rankings do not take the cost of living into account, you can buy a lot more with $25,000 a year in China than in the USA.
BTW, I track Covid here:
491,970 people got vaccinated last Saturday 23rd.
Actually what it reports is this
People vaccinated up to and including 23 January 2021
Or am I missing something?

Reactions: POLLY

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Most sites (including NHS and. Gov are not updated daily.) With a vaccine rate of 400k plus a day if they are not updated daily or written that day of course they will show lower figures)
The linked site updates throughout the day, or it was doing.(this one was updated yesterday tea time)

But I suppose anybody saying anything positive is part of the grand conspiracy.
So yes, perhaps ITV lying..

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Most sites (including NHS and. Gov are not updated daily.) With a vaccine rate of 400k plus a day if they are not updated daily or written that day of course they will show lower figures)
The linked site updates throughout the day, or it was doing.(this one was updated yesterday tea time)

The UK figures are, I suspect, likely to be distorted by different approaches. In England (it appears), they have done everything they can to publish a "live" headline figure. Whilst not fully verified, it is obviously going to report the biggest number possible. It is subject to revision (up or down). (You might, of course, ask why this approach has been chosen.)

The Wales approach is to publish only verified figures. They should never go down but they will take some time, possibly several days, to get added to the cumulative total for Wales.

I do no know about Scotland and Northern Ireland.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

No grand conspiracy and many of the lies/untruths are the accidental result of them not having full control of this large and complex issue. Just as it's been since the first big outbreak, they are in a panic and not really sure what to try next, so they end up rushing, making a mess and with constant changes of mind on policy.

So they should just slow down, think, forget about record numbers and being the best and just proceed with caution and a sensible stable policy which everyone can understand.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So they should just slow down, think, forget about record numbers and being the best and just proceed with caution and a sensible stable policy which everyone can understand.
On the current trajectory, the rate is about 3 million jabs a week. From now to the end of March, they should have given another 24-28 million jabs.
I think they can carry on on the present regimen for 3 more weeks, giving the first jab for another 10 millions then concentrate on giving the second jab.
16 millions of the most vulnerable of us would then be fully protected by end of March.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
16 millions of the most vulnerable of us would then be fully protected by end of March.
Not on present policy which is giving as many second jabs as first ones, with both to lower priority groups, while bypassing even first jabs for huge numbers of the highest priority group.

Of course the latter will be a rapidly reducing number with many of them dying during the two months to the end of March, probably making up the bulk of the deaths in that period.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think the government have only got 1 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine and have pretty much use that stock up on the first 450,000 of us.
All the current jabs are the AZ vaccines, so they can do both jabs on 15-16 millions by the end of March.
That would tie in nicely with schools re-opened after Easter.

Advertisers