Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
did you watch the interview?
I watched in last Monday (9PM-11PM) and also GMB Piers Morgan on Monday morning prattling on and on, then Tuesday GMB. Morgan got up and walked out when Alex Beresford tried to answer back.
These programs are still on ITV hub.
Piers earns his money on GMB but he is not my cup of tea.
No, I wouldn't waste my time on a royal matter of no interest to me.

I'm not arguing about the royal family, I'm only arguing about how they should and usually do deal with the media and in particular the press, and this applies to all of us:

Ignore the media when they offend.

It's what they hate most, not being read, watched or paid for. We can't stop others doing those things but we can be sure that when we ignore them, we are in the company of millions doing likewise and we should be satisfied with that.

Complaining or otherwise trying to act against what the media publishes only expands the story, spreading it further to others who wouldn't normally be aware of it.

By definition that's very foolish.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Before last weekend, I wasn't at all interested at all in their story.
Then I watched Piers Morgan on ITV by pure accident Monday morning.
He - 'I don't believe a word', did the demolition job so well that i felt compelled to watch the interview.
Both Harry and Meghan did a very good job at the interview.
I don't attach any importance in their claim of racism but I do accept their point about the lack of support expected from their family.
they've got my sympathy.
If my daughter wanted to sue a tabloid, I'd try to tell her to walk away because of the expected risks but if she decided to go ahead with it, I'll be supporting her all the way. Before you tell me the obvious, I can see why Meghan's father and me have little in common.

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If my daughter wanted to sue a tabloid, I'd try to tell her to walk away because of the expected risks but if she decided to go ahead with it, I'll be supporting her all the way.
The circumstances for the royal family are very different from yours though.

Supporting Harry and Meghan in a fight with the media would come at huge cost to the royal family, so I regard their detachment as very wise. The cost of that in their family's personal relationships is the unavoidable price of being royals.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
The circumstances for the royal family are very different from yours though.

Supporting Harry and Meghan in a fight with the media would come at huge cost to the royal family, so I regard their detachment as very wise. The cost of that in their family's personal relationships is the unavoidable price of being royals.
But if the fight between the royals themselves and between royals and tabloids takes us a tiny bit away from the subservient bullshit fed subjects we are towards a little more objective self awareness (and again raise the question of whether it's a good idea to spend millions of taxpayer pounds a year on a thick inbred german celebrity family) it must be a good thing.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
You’ve really lost it now dude :D You need to take your head to be looked at. Someone needs to cast an eye over OG’s head too, so perhaps if you take his with you when you have yours looked at, you might get a discount for two. Got to be worth a try?

The British monarchy is magnificent, the Queen is magnificent. Both are admired and viewed with a tinge of envy by those nations unfortunate enough not to have one. God save the Queen. Only a few sad, irritable underachievers with empty lives think otherwise.

The British monarchy is a bit like a theme park these days. It’s past is irrelevant, it’s present is a tourist attraction, a bit of escapism from reality and the occasional bit of colour in our lives.

Now stop being a dick-head with all this slavery crap. That chapter was over more than 170 years ago. Everyone involved is dead. Find something more recent to blame for your own personal failures.
We all fail in the final analysis. Staring in adoration at a fat overindulged old woman in a golden coach once a year (or cheerfully applauding the dead at 8 on Thursdays during a pandemic because boris said so) has little bearing on that.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Men should be banned from being outdoors after 6pm to 'make women a lot safer' after the abduction and suspected murder of Sarah Everard in London, a Green Party peer has suggested. Baroness Jones made the comment in a discussion in the House of Lords.

This idiot should be taken to a place of correction and give a series of beatings with a rubber truncheon followed up with regular electric shocks.

Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
We all fail in the final analysis. Staring in adoration at a fat overindulged old woman in a golden coach once a year (or cheerfully applauding the dead at 8 on Thursdays during a pandemic because boris said so) has little bearing on that.
You must spend less time peering into the rear view mirror and concentrate on the road in front of you. It’s up ahead where it’s all happening.

• :D
Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Is that directly from Mein Kampf or have you paraphrased.

• :D
Reactions: Jesus H Christ

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Men should be banned from being outdoors after 6pm to 'make women a lot safer' after the abduction and suspected murder of Sarah Everard in London, a Green Party peer has suggested. Baroness Jones made the comment in a discussion in the House of Lords.

This idiot should be taken to a place of correction and give a series of beatings with a rubber truncheon followed up with regular electric shocks.
I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing. We should get her on here. She, d fit in perfectly. One of the more moderate posters??

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
  • Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Now, now, you two boris fans are the ones celebrating german monarchy and the fantasy of the next thousand year british empire.
Way Labour have performed and are performing its going to be a thousand years of Boris and his ilk.... So you aren't far off...
Perhaps had the loony left, Marxists, Unite and momentum not hijacked Labour we might still have a viable opposition.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jesus H Christ

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Way Labour have performed and are performing its going to be a thousand years of Boris and his ilk.... So you aren't far off...
Labour may not have not done as well as it could. But the bigger problem is an electorate with all the discrimination of a labrador puppy facing a chocolate cake. Theres no point offering them nuance, complex decisions about a better future. All they want is tabloid smears and the primary colours presented by fukwits like pierce Morgan, farage, boris. Having witnessed the destruction boris has wreaked (so far) you cannot possibly be proud as a conservative voter.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Labour may not have not done as well as it could. But the bigger problem is an electorate with all the discrimination of a labrador puppy facing a chocolate cake. Theres no point offering them nuance, complex decisions about a better future. All they want is tabloid smears and the primary colours presented by fukwits like pierce Morgan, farage, boris. Having witnessed the destruction boris has wreaked (so far) you cannot possibly be proud as a conservative voter.
Actually quite proud, the alternative was Corbyn,Len McCluskey and Diane Abbot. Agreed country is in a mess but stop and think where we, d be with Labour in no 10..
Its silly to knock what you, ve got when there isn't an alternative. Do you really believe we, d have had this vaccine roll out with Labour in no10? I doubt it
Tell us who to vote for Jonathon and what they can do and the this thick electorate might put right people in no10... Whilst we wait we, ll just have to put up with best we have.
Its sort of normal on here, knock everything but offer no actual alternative.
You don't want Tories, Boris, Blair or Royal Family, what do you want? Stalin perhaps? Or a society like China?India? USA? Think we all need to count our blessings.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: oldgroaner

Advertisers