Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Teflon tony (neocon) destabilise the middle east, maggie sowed the seeds of the 08 crisis (deregulate financial services), call me dave gave us brexit. From catastrophe to complete clusterfuck. And all conservative. Really, corbyn is not the issue.
No, he isn't, I agree. It's the entire movement. Blairites, Unite, Starmer, Corbynistas, Momentum... All pulling all over place. They have lost identity... and in mean time Tories flow into the remaining vacuum.
Your explanation simply points out Tory flaws not Labour credits to get back in power.
And, how come all the "clusterfucks" and yet Tory still way out in lead... I wonder why?
Labour explanation... Not our fault, voters are wrong, mis led, media... to justify another 10 years in wilderness.
When Labour wake up, look at voters and work out policies / people voters want and form a united party they might get in power to stop the Tory cluster fucks.
But they never will. Labour are stuck in a vicious death spiral.
Oh, and try as you might to deny it Blair was Labour. He might have used Tory policies but Boris using Labour ones doesn't make him Labour. Said it so many times, the country has moved on. The labour/tory partition is no longer aporopriate. Labour, especially old Labour left, simply haven't realised yet. The old idealism of radical left is a memory. Your average voter now has stocks and shares. Times have changed.

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
No, he isn't, I agree. It's the entire movement. Blairites, Unite, Starmer, Corbynistas, Momentum... All pulling all over place. They have lost identity... and in mean time Tories flow into the remaining vacuum.
Your explanation simply points out Tory flaws not Labour credits to get back in power.
And, how come all the "clusterfucks" and yet Tory still way out in lead... I wonder why?
Labour explanation... Not our fault, voters are wrong, mis led, media... to justify another 10 years in wilderness.
When Labour wake up, look at voters and work out policies / people voters want and form a united party they might get in power to stop the Tory cluster fucks.
Oh, and try as you might to deny it Blair was Labour. He might have used Tory policies but Boris using Labour ones doesn't make him Labour. Said it so many times, the country has moved on. The labour/tory partition is no longer aporopriate. Labour, especially old Labour left, simply haven't realised yet. The old idealism of radical left is a memory. Your average voter now has stocks and shares. Times have changed.
Short version: 13.5% of uk population own shares (google it). And I'm not sure we want them to dictate our culture. If nothing else the message from the 08 crisis and brexit is that the average citizen needs a sense of belonging, community. Not a further opportunity to swindle his neighbour. And one usually find community and belonging through doing something meaningful. Corbyn was heading this way in terms of investing in a more meaningful, diversified economy than the financial services based wasteland the tories created. And blair was conservative. Boris implement labour policies by necessity. Blair implement conservative policies by choice. I work 730 am so cheerio.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Short version: 13.5% of uk population own shares (google it). And I'm not sure we want them to dictate our culture. If nothing else the message from the 08 crisis and brexit is that the average citizen needs a sense of belonging, community. Not a further opportunity to swindle his neighbour. And one usually find community and belonging through doing something meaningful. Corbyn was heading this way in terms of investing in a more meaningful, diversified economy than the financial services based wasteland the tories created. And blair was conservative. Boris implement labour policies by necessity. Blair implement conservative policies by choice. I work 730 am so cheerio.
But none of that gets labour in no 10..the stocks and shares example was an analogy... Times have changed, home owners, mortgages, land Lords, 2nd home owners home and abroad. The radical left vote base has gone. We no longer have thousands, actually millions, being exploited in pits, in steel works, in industry. Man in street no longer sees such as Corbyn or even Starmer as representing him. Probably not the Tory enclave you imagine I, m portraying but it sure as hell isn't the radical left anymore. Do you really want McCluskey leading the party you vote into power. I don't. I, d rather have Boris and Smog.
We are operating under a single party democracy at moment, no point knocking the only party there is but make the alternative viable. All labour are doing is waiting in wings for a disaster to inherit power rather than take it. Its appalling. And all labour do is blame voters, media, tories anything but looking at themselves. Corbyn was perfectly happy forming shadow government. He never wanted power. I think Starmer might be same.
Labour need to get a grip, form a united party and work out what and who country want. They expect country to change to their way of seeing things. It never, ever will.
Whilst ever Labour supporters see it as their duty to educate voters to a correct way of seeing things they have no chance. People do not change their minds. Parties represent the people or they die. Labour are dying and it's their own faults.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
OK OG carry on been vindictive breeding resentment and blaming voters. End of day only person getting upset about it is you.
Just let us all know when there is actually an alternative in mean time rest of us will just make best of what we, ve got.
Oh, and by the way. Tories are even more popular than ever. Instead of telling people they are wrong, just as Labour are prone to do, perhaps you should be wondering why Tories are so popular.
And its not media, its not voters IQ, its not the qualities of Tories.... Its Labour.
It's unreal they way that you always manage to draw the wrong conclusions I just can't work out if it's a natural skill or some sort of affliction.
It was all of those things I indicated.
I know why the Tory party is popular and told you why
The people who like them are being stupid.
It's quite simply really

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There is truth in that, Labour is indeed outdated
We need a party that appeals to the stupid more than the Conservatives do.

Slogans such as "Free Beer tomorrow!" should hit them in what passes for their brains.
Oops! forgot about the stocks and share bit
Make that "Free exemption from taxation!"
Absolute winner.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020

Slogans such as "Free Beer tomorrow!" should hit them in what passes for their brains.
Absolute winner.
Labour do not represent the public. If they did, they’d receive votes. The Conservatives are a better fit with the public. It’s not a great fit, but it’s the best one on offer.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
All labour are doing is waiting in wings for a disaster to inherit power rather than take it. Its appalling. And all labour do is blame voters, media, tories anything but looking at themselves. Corbyn was perfectly happy forming shadow government. He never wanted power. I think Starmer might be same.
I can agree with that.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Absolute winner.
That attitude really is the problem OG.
Labour leaders demonstrate it. Its not their party out of step, it's the stupid voters. It's actually quite bigoted.
Whilst ever it is prevalent Labour will not succeed. All those stupid people you lump me in with are running businesses, teaching, bringing kids up and generally leading their lives quite successfully. But because they don't agree with you.... They are stupid. And, in your next rant you, ll say I, m insulting you.
.Have a good look at Labour, who they are,what they say and who they represent. JHC summed it up perfectly. Tories are far far from perfect but at the moment, for foreseeable future and certainly in last 10 years they are best we, ve got. Actually all we, ve got.
Look at Labour now. Yes, Starmer is leader but is he actually in charge? Are Unite or Momentum deciding policy. Blair is long gone but his followers remain and back Starmer??Its a shambles.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Good to see we are today starting to use a third vaccine here in the UK, the more choice we have the more stable the supply should be (hopefully).
Welsh patients to be first in UK to receive Moderna Covid vaccine | Wales | The Guardian
I was watching CNN news yesterday it's amazing how quickly the USA is getting vaccine shots into peoples arms. They have now administered over 160 million, and are well on target to get to the 200 million shots in the first 100 days of the Biden presidency that he promised. I think most of their vaccines are made in the US.

Reactions: Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Labour do not represent the public. If they did, they’d receive votes. The Conservatives are a better fit with the public. It’s not a great fit, but it’s the best one on offer.
Really, so a good fit with the public includes negligence leading to mass deaths and wasting huge sums amounting to billions on pals from the public purse?
You are being silly again
The public would get a better deal from the real Mafia
At least they represent organised crime

Reactions: Woosh

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That attitude really is the problem OG.
Labour leaders demonstrate it. Its not their party out of step, it's the stupid voters. It's actually quite bigoted.
Whilst ever it is prevalent Labour will not succeed. All those stupid people you lump me in with are running businesses, teaching, bringing kids up and generally leading their lives quite successfully. But because they don't agree with you.... They are stupid. And, in your next rant you, ll say I, m insulting you.
.Have a good look at Labour, who they are,what they say and who they represent. JHC summed it up perfectly. Tories are far far from perfect but at the moment, for foreseeable future and certainly in last 10 years they are best we, ve got. Actually all we, ve got.
Look at Labour now. Yes, Starmer is leader but is he actually in charge? Are Unite or Momentum deciding policy. Blair is long gone but his followers remain and back Starmer??Its a shambles.
Sorry but there is no evading facts
Only stupid voters vote for criminal liars and worse keep doing so

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020

Absolute winner.
That is precisely why there is no alternative to the Conservative Party. People like you, with your disgusting attitude, are driving people who should be voting Labour into the arms of the Conservatives.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Sorry but there is no evading facts
Only stupid voters vote for criminal liars and worse keep doing so
It's always nice when people modify their stance and realise just how silly they are behaving. I, ll congratulate you when you manage it.. Keep trying OG.

And, by the way. Labour tried the free beer at last election.
Free care for elderly, free rail, no tuition fees and massive payments for Waspis,so the stupid could spend on beer. It didn't work.
The stupid electorate didn't want to be bribed.
You should be running Labour, hang on a minute, you probably are. Bet Boris gives thanks every single day.
I do wonder if 1922 comittee has infiltrated Unite.. Doing a fantastic job. Keeping Labour out of contention, well almost existence

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
no income tax for those earning less than the national average wage may work.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
It's always nice when people modify their stance and realise just how silly they are behaving. I, ll congratulate you when you manage it.. Keep trying OG.

And, by the way. Labour tried the free beer at last election.
Free care for elderly, free rail, no tuition fees and massive payments for Waspis,so the stupid could spend on beer. It didn't work.
Labour also needs to look closely at it’s front of house team. It’s better now than it was under Corbyn, but there is still a way to go.

I’m not talking about what the Daily Mail publishes either. I prefer to hear them interviewed and speak for themselves. David Lammy presenting on LBC last week JHC!!!

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
no income tax for those earning less than the national average wage may work.
I’m all for less / no tax for the low paid to encourage people into work and making going to work worthwhile. I think that policy also needs to be accompanied by chipping away at benefits to widen the gap between working and not working.

Reactions: Zlatan

Advertisers