Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
How are we going to pay everyone a universal income? Who is going to pay the taxes?
This country can't even function without 10 million immigrants and my street (Queens Road) is still full of holes waiting to be filled.
Is there a connection? Hope not..

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is there a connection? Hope not..
no connection. Just my usual rant - nothing works to my satisfaction: my street is full of holes and empty cans, crisp wrapping, rubbish bags left out on the wrong day etc. There is no more free parking anywhere in town, not even in public parks. The council is desparate to raise funds any way it can. I tried to ring my GP surgery for an appointment, they didn't answer this morning. I called back this afternoon: "your call is very important for us but you are 9th in the queue". I'll try again tomorrow.

• :D
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
How are we going to pay everyone a universal income? Who is going to pay the taxes?
This country can't even function without 10 million immigrants and my street (Queens Road) is still full of holes waiting to be filled.
You really need to take off the blinkers and think outside the box in radical ways.

The country will still be as productive and probably even more so.

Ergo the same or more money is coming in and can be evenly distributed into tax requirements and the standard equal incomes for all.

And the potholes can be filled instead of filling tax haven accounts.

All without work dominating lives as it does now.

Here's a sobering thought:

The structure of our lives is almost the same as it was in medieval times. Don't you think that it's about time it changed in the way so much else has radically changed?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
no connection. Just my usual rant - nothing works to my satisfaction: my street is full of holes and empty cans, crisp wrapping, rubbish bags left out on the wrong day etc. There is no more free parking anywhere in town, not even in public parks. The council is desparate to raise funds any way it can. I tried to ring my GP surgery for an appointment, they didn't answer this morning. I called back this afternoon: "your call is very important for us but you are 9th in the queue". I'll try again tomorrow.
Don't take any notice of Jesus H Christ, it's much better in France. Hopefully you wouldn't get this there:

"votre appel est très important pour nous mais vous êtes 9ème dans la file"

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You really need to take off the blinkers and think outside the box in radical ways.

The country will still be as productive and probably even more so.

Ergo the same or more money is coming in and can be evenly distributed into tax requirements and the standard equal incomes for all.

And the potholes can be filled instead of filling tax haven accounts.

All without work dominating lives as it does now.

Here's a sobering thought:

The structure of our lives is almost the same as it was in medieval times. Don't you think that it's about time it changed in the way so much else has radically changed?
Do you think much work would get done Flecc. Paying people with option to work or not reckon I, d chose no work... But I am lazy and can find infinite number of ways to pass my time.
They do say to fully appreciate doing nothing you must have loads to get done.???

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
And for some odd reason you seem to think calling the electorate stupid is going to help?
All you are doing is polarising opinion and unfortunately for you, JA and Labour setting people against the very principles, policies and people you value.
I kerp telling you, it's exactly why Labour are in such a mess.. Tell people they are stupid then expect them to agree with ideas you put forward. That is the epitome of stupid and shows zero understanding of the most basic of human behaviours. You are simply reinforcing the negative aspects of labour you try to deny.
Its like OGS phoning Haaland up, tell him he, s stupid, knows nothing about football but will you play for us. He, d do what labour voters have done. Tell him to feck off and sign for somebody else.
Bet you were a nightmare to work with. Insult all your colleagues, tell them they are stupid and know nowt about "toilets" but by the way will you work over time.
Doesn't work like that OG.
No politician is ever going to gain votes or support by telling electorate they need to change or that they need "educating" or "they need to take our medicine" and then expect support.
Explain it to him in toilet economics.

If Twyfords Toilets call Ideal Toilet’s customers stupid idiots for buying Ideal’s products, they aren’t going to sell many toilets. It would be much better if Twyfords produced a superior, attractively priced toilet to lure Ideal’s customers away. Substitute Labour and Conservative into the above and you have the current political situation.

Reactions: Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Do you think much work would get done Flecc. Paying people with option to work or not reckon I, d chose no work... But I am lazy and can find infinite number of ways to pass my time.
They do say to fully appreciate doing nothing you must have loads to get done.???
A misunderstanding, there's no choice not to work. Remember what I posted about the work distribution, one of the options being a period of national service, but at work not military service. Everyone would have to do their share, but that share would be far less than the lifetime it is now.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Don't take any notice of Jesus H Christ, it's much better in France. Hopefully you wouldn't get this there:

"votre appel est très important pour nous mais vous êtes 9ème dans la file"
Not with Orange France Telecom it ain't. I gave up on them after 17 flustrating years, ... Free is my telecom provider of choice.

• :D

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Uk dropped to 12th in Europe on covid death rate today. Its on virtuallysame as Italy at moment,where covid took 627 peoples' lives (Italy 1861,UK1862 deaths per million)
Italy will pass UK tomorrow.
Rather grim records around much of Europe at moment.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
This is the chart used by our government.
I wonder how the potential benefit and harm is calculated.
Any idea?

• Informative
Reactions: oyster and flecc

Advertisers