Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
This is the chart used by our government.
I wonder how the potential benefit and harm is calculated.
Any idea?

It is good to see this data in a table. You may recall that I attempted to explain this in terms of private risk and public risk last week, and got insulted for my pains. As I continue to say, I doubt my son would even get the option of ICU had he contracted CV19. .. It would be just palliative care. ICU costs about 10K per day in resources.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Oh so recently the wonderful British papers ran this, and out Tory fan boys agreed

Now Johnson has gone for the same approach, so are the Conservatives now to be described in the same press in the same way?

Oh sure!

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Rather a more rounded summary of vaccine situation than OG likes to spread.

Interesting article from head of Moderna.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It could be related to the specific vaccine but could be related to the vaccine platform.
I have a suspicion that it is related to the use of vector viruses.

Reactions: flecc and oyster

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
At some point you'll have the pleasure of picking up bojos 400 billion tab. In a hostile world where china is the new raison d'etre and the donald and all those other right wing wet dreams are a dim memory
IF someone gives me a bill, I’ll pay it. Simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

And here is UK's current vaccine situation.
What were you saying OG?
To sum it up for you
EU have managed 17% of population vaccinated.
UK has managed 54%..
Yesterday in Italy 627 people died of covid.

Chance of a blood clot from AZ is 4 in a million.
Chance of death is 1 in a million.

A 250 mile road journey gives 1 in a million chance of death.
UK has steered the ship, many other countries stopped it.
The current situation accross much of Europe simply vindicates our Government's approach (to vaccines)

Last edited:

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Oh so recently the wonderful British papers ran this, and out Tory fan boys agreed

Now Johnson has gone for the same approach, so are the Conservatives now to be described in the same press in the same way?

Oh sure!
79 cases of a blood clot that POSSIBLY MIGHT BE related to the Oxford vaccine, and which isn’t necessarily fatal, in twenty million doses dispensed? That’s one, POSSIBLY MIGHT BE, case of something which isn’t necessarily fatal in every quarter of a million doses. 0.0004% of vaccinations result in something that probably won’t kill you and isn’t necessarily linked to the vaccine.

Try something else to rubbish your country because this isn’t it.

The vaccine is still safer than the disease it protects against and I’d be very happy for all my family to receive it.

Now let’s examine the effect the UK’s wonderful Oxford & others vaccination roll out is having on infection rate, hospitalisations and deaths. Then let’s look at the cost of the EU’s dithering and delaying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zlatan

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Thanks to the tremendous work of the vaccination volunteers, the medical staff and the wider public who have largely ignored the bitter, resentful, negative clowns who haunt this thread, the U.K. is set to pass the thresh for herd immunity on Monday next week.

Vaccination take up in this country has so far been fantastic. Thankfully, the vast majority of people have totally ignored the idiots on these pages who believe that they have outwitted the people who’s life work has been the development and testing of vaccines, and spotted something which they have missed. Long may such idiots on here who overanalyse, and without fail, get it wrong continue to be ignored. You know who you are, you know you are wrong, you know people are doing the right thing by ignoring your stupidity and getting vaccinated with whichever vaccine is available.

”Can I have the PB vaccine in preference to the AZ?” :D Straight out the first floor surgery window mate;)

• Disagree
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
79 cases of a blood clot that POSSIBLY MIGHT BE related to the Oxford vaccine, and which isn’t necessarily fatal, in twenty million doses dispensed? That’s one, POSSIBLY MIGHT BE, case of something which isn’t necessarily fatal in every quarter of a million doses. 0.0004% of vaccinations result in something that probably won’t kill you and isn’t necessarily linked to the vaccine.

The vaccine is still safer than the disease it protects against and I’d be very happy for all my family to receive it.

Now let’s examine the effect the UK’s wonderful Oxford & others vaccination roll out is having on infection rate, hospitalisations and deaths. Then let’s look at the cost of the EU’s dithering and delaying.
There would be possibly some validity in your argument if we even HAD the AZ vaccine. .. we in EU are still at 25% of the expected delivery schedule. I am not convinced that the UK yields were much better.

• Informative
Reactions: Jesus H Christ

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

"The vaccine is still safer than the disease it protects against and I’d be very happy for all my family to receive it." .. You still don't get it. That depends on the circumstances, and the likihood of contracting the diseases. In the case of my family and in my circumstances, I would agree.. except perhaps in the case of my youngest daughter, where the odds are even steven.
What you are parroting is the public safety argument not the private risk. You are not an aspiring politician by any chance?.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thankfully, the vast majority of people have totally ignored the idiots on these pages who believe that they have outwitted the people who’s life work has been the development and testing of vaccines, and spotted something which they have missed.
That's silly nonsense.
There may be or may not be a link between the (AZ vaccine) platform or the vaccine to blood clots.
That is being looked into by a lot of doctors and scientists because we need to know if the chimpanzees' adenovirus is truly harmless in humans.
It was assumed that it's harmless, otherwise the good people working on the vaccine would not have used it. However, it was an assumption, now we have a chance to study it.
Such a study wasn't possible until now because the trials weren't approved. So drop that silly accusation that we somehow talked down the UK. Nobody on here attacks any vaccine.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
"The vaccine is still safer than the disease it protects against and I’d be very happy for all my family to receive it." .. You still don't get it. That depends on the circumstances, and the likihood of contracting the diseases. In the case of my family and in my circumstances, I would agree.. except perhaps in the case of my youngest daughter, where the odds are even steven.
What you are parroting is the public safety argument not the private risk. You are not an aspiring politician by any chance?.
I do get it. I understand that some people’s risks from the effects of contacting COVID are less than others. I understand that makes the risk to benefit ratio different for different people and their individual circumstances. I know all that.

Taking into consideration all of the above, it’s still madness to hesitate taking any vaccine. We must get as many people as possible in as many countries as possible vaccinated with whatever vaccine is approved. Anything less is stupidity.

Can I choose my vaccine :mad: It’s not an effing Toby Carvery menu:D

• Dislike
Reactions: flecc

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
That's silly nonsense.
There may be or may not be a link between the (AZ vaccine) platform or the vaccine to blood clots.
That is being looked into by a lot of doctors and scientists because we need to know if the chimpanzees' adenovirus is truly harmless in humans.
It was assumed that it's harmless, otherwise the good people working on the vaccine would not have used it. However, it was an assumption, now we have a chance to study it.
Such a study wasn't possible until now because the trials weren't approved. So drop that silly accusation that we somehow talked down the UK. Nobody on here attacks any vaccine.
0.0004% chance of something which is probably non fatal happening and no certainty there is a link. Do you have your tooth numbed for a dental filling? I bet you base jump from tall buildings too you daredevil ;)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Rather a more rounded summary of vaccine situation than OG likes to spread.

Interesting article from head of Moderna.
Will you never stop trying to put a twist on my posts?
I have never ever said stop using the AZ vaccine, just that it should be investigated and correct action over it's use be made.
Now explain what isn't well rounded about that?
I was accused of undermining the vaccine and one tory idiot on here suggest I be shot for something we are now doing!
In future treat my post with the level of attention they deserve
unlike yours they are based on the facts

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You know who you are, you know you are wrong, you know people are doing the right thing by ignoring your stupidity and getting vaccinated with whichever vaccine is available.
Care to point the finger on anyone on here who said to stop using the vaccine?
it certainly wasn't me.
So why are you making these mad accusations? the only stupidity is shown by you saying I should be shot for voicing concern only to find the set of clowns you voted for are now saying the same thing.
It's you that has been stupid with your head in the sand

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Still try

Will you never stop trying to put a twist on my posts?
I have never ever said stop using the AZ vaccine, just that it should be investigated and correct action over it's use be made.
Now explain what isn't well rounded about that?
I was accused of undermining the vaccine and one tory idiot on here suggest I be shot for something we are now doing!
In future treat my post with the level of attention they deserve
unlike yours they are based on the facts
I meant shot with a cap firing potato gun. Didn’t I make that bit clear?

• :D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No, he's an aspiring idiot :D

Advertisers