Brexit, for once some facts.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Most dental anaesthetics injections include adrenalin. This helps stop the anaesthetic moving away from the site of the injection. However, some people cannot take the adrenalin (e.g. those who are hypothyroid) and, in them, the non-adrenalin products disperse more quickly.
Yes, to state the bleeding obvious (terrible pun) it's why the body secrete it (to constrict blood vesels)

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Yes, to state the bleeding obvious (terrible pun) it's why the body secrete it (to constrict blood vesels)
Seems somehow counter intuitive... Adrenalin, fight and flight chemical restricts blood flow??? How does that work then Jonathon??

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Seems somehow counter intuitive... Adrenalin, fight and flight chemical restricts blood flow??? How does that work then Jonathon??
You're right, it's more complex than brexit (google Britannia and epinephrine) But let's stick to brexit and cars, it's a nice Thursday evening (and were not directly involved in causing each other bleeding)

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But we do not have a rationality which would see fluoride-free toothpaste sold in areas with high fluoride water supply. And (arguably) vice versa.
Difficult for those who are constantly on the move, as I was for fifteen years. Not having a clue on the water supply with each short period move I just used fluoride toothpaste anyway.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You're right, it's more complex than brexit (google Britannia and epiprenine) But let's stick to brexit and cars, it's a nice Thursday evening (and were not directly involved in causing each other bleeding)
No, I, m not right. I didn't know.. Thought you would.. My physiology dates back to sleeping through PE lectures nearly 50 years ago...

• :D
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Restricts extremities flow not important for flight, redirecting to musculature. I perversely get a similar loss of extremities supply in cold weather due to Raynauds syndrome, which has got increasingly severe with age. Doubt adrenalin is involved with that.

Reactions: oyster

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Restricts extremities flow not important for flight, redirecting to musculature. I perversely get a similar loss of extremities supply in cold weather due to Raynauds syndrome, which has got increasingly severe with age. Doubt adrenalin is involved with that.
During hypothermia body shuts down flow to extremities to lower heat loss and to keep major organs operative. Might be linked to that???

• Informative
Reactions: oyster and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yep, rear vision is compromised... Joking apart, think it's a great looking car. They don't feel big to drive at all. Not sure but think it's a Callum design... He did F type.. And XF.. Might not be him??
You can get identical car with better rear vision... But personally think the coupe/chop look is fantastic. Choice of cars is a personal thing... I love them. As to status symbol... Not sure about that... It ain't such an expensive car.. Reckon as I get older I, ll want higher driving position... So think it will be an Evoque.. And size wise its only mid sized. Smaller than Range Rover... Half size of my camper van.. (3.3m tall) I, m fairly convinced higher driving position is safer...
View attachment 41830

Got to be one of best looking cars on road... Especially for SUV, but I hate term.

Dangerous on roundabouts.? .. Go around them with flow of traffic OG, not against it.
Looks like an expensive shed on wheels :cool:
Every time one pulls along side at a roundabout it is far too big and blindsides normal cars, and let's face it they are not very often driven within the speed limit, but what kills it for me is that crap rear visibility.

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
Every time one pulls along side at a roundabout it is far too big and blindsides normal cars, and let's face it they are not very often driven within the speed limit, but what kills it for me is that crap rear visibility.
I like the look of them but land rover scored 1 star out of 5 for reliability, with at least half
of owners reporting problems in one year..
ttps://www.osv.ltd.uk/land-rover-reliability/#:~:text=In%20their%202019%20reliability%20survey,1-star%20out%20of%205.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It's not that tall, whole idea of car is low profile for type it is... Its 1.65 m, against 1.95 for Defender and Range Rover. Putting that in perspective its 15cm taller than a Mondeo whereas Defender (depends which model) is 51 cm taller.. (without roof rails boxes etc)
Took up less room on drive than XF..
Think its squat, chopped style exaggerate it's size..
Its 20cm taller than a mini???

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
  • Informative
Reactions: Nev

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In other News

Last week, the High Court granted permission to advance our case against Government for its award of contracts to Abingdon Health for rapid antibody tests. The deal with Abingdon Health has been marred by controversy since the very beginning, with Government suppressing reports that raised the alarm around the effectiveness of the tests and ignoring their own legal advice on the lawfulness of the contracts.

It's that man I warned you about

"Professor Sir John Bell was on ‘both sides of the contract’, given his role both as a key Government advisor and also as a significant figure in the UK Rapid Testing Consortium, which acted as subcontractor to Abingdon Health"

A sgian-dubh, what could be more appropriate?
:cool:
Actually a real sgian-dubh is single edged
I did warn you about the Bells, their version is sharp on both edges!

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Manatees and Dugong thrive on seagrass alone so it's obviously very nutritious.
Manatees are strange creatures. Could never figure out how they survive in same swamp areas as Crocodiles... (In Jamaica) You, d guess they be easy prey.. Crocs frighten me to death, roll up on Jamaican beaches now and again.. Having a pleasant stroll down palm lined white beach and a monster climbs out the surf..

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Manatees are strange creatures. Could never figure out how they survive in same swamp areas as Crocodiles... (In Jamaica) You, d guess they be easy prey.. Crocs frighten me to death, roll up on Jamaican beaches now and again.. Having a pleasant stroll down palm lined white beach and a monster climbs out the surf..
That would certainly frighten me!

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
They just find us attractive, it's a compliment. ;)
We went on Black River tour in Jamaica.. It starts at estuary mouth and goes upstream to visit Croc sites etc. Guide would often say to"white"folk... Don't you put your hands in... Then wait for inevitable question..
"Charlie thinks your hands are chicken"...
Charlie was a 15ft Croc..

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We went on Black River tour in Jamaica.. It starts at estuary mouth and goes upstream to visit Croc sites etc. Guide would often say to"white"folk... Don't you put your hands in... Then wait for inevitable question..
"Charlie thinks your hands are chicken"...
Charlie was a 15ft Croc..
True love.

It usually involves some sacrifice. ;)

Advertisers