Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Ain't just a few of us rather upset by the excessive BBC HRH coverage:

BBC flooded with complaints over Prince Philip coverage
Corporation opened dedicated complaints form on its website to deal with high volume of comments

Within six hours of Prince Philip’s death being announced the BBC had received so many complaints about its wall-to-wall coverage of the news that it opened a dedicated complaints form on its website, as television viewers turned off and went elsewhere.

The BBC curtailed dozens of broadcasts on Friday, taking the nation’s most popular television and radio channels off air and reducing dozens of other broadcasts on stations across the country, to provide uninterrupted coverage of tributes to the Queen’s husband.

BBC One played a series of pre-recorded shows, including Philip’s children paying tribute to him, while BBC Two scrapped its schedule and simulcast the same shows as its sister channel. Friday night staples such as EastEnders, Gardeners’ World, and the final episode of MasterChef were taken off air to make way for more tributes, an approach also taken by ITV.

Many viewers reacted by turning off altogether. BBC One dipped 6% compared to the previous Friday evening, while BBC Two’s audience was down two-thirds. ITV ripped up its schedule for tributes to Prince Philip but still lost 60% of the previous week’s audience, according to analysis of viewing figures by Deadline.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Corporation opened dedicated complaints form on its website to deal with high volume of comments

Within six hours of Prince Philip’s death being announced the BBC had received so many complaints about its wall-to-wall coverage of the news that it opened a dedicated complaints form on its website, as television viewers turned off and went elsewhere.

The BBC curtailed dozens of broadcasts on Friday, taking the nation’s most popular television and radio channels off air and reducing dozens of other broadcasts on stations across the country, to provide uninterrupted coverage of tributes to the Queen’s husband.

BBC One played a series of pre-recorded shows, including Philip’s children paying tribute to him, while BBC Two scrapped its schedule and simulcast the same shows as its sister channel. Friday night staples such as EastEnders, Gardeners’ World, and the final episode of MasterChef were taken off air to make way for more tributes, an approach also taken by ITV.

Many viewers reacted by turning off altogether. BBC One dipped 6% compared to the previous Friday evening, while BBC Two’s audience was down two-thirds. ITV ripped up its schedule for tributes to Prince Philip but still lost 60% of the previous week’s audience, according to analysis of viewing figures by Deadline.
Totally agreed. It's madness.... But got R2 on... Music loads better than normal.. Perhaps a permanent station to play funeral music... Suits my temperament...

• :D
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

I used Freeview Play to go back and watch something from Thursday I hadn't seen, then went on to play a TV program from my stock of recordings on a Humax Freeview recorder.

Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
  • Informative
Reactions: Nev and flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Sorry, another link:

UCL team’s claim that herd immunity set to be achieved in UK disputed
Many scientists critical of University College London Covid-19 forecast as ‘over-confident and over-optimistic’
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/09/ucl-team-claim-covid-19-herd-immunity-achieved-uk-disputed-scientists

I did question the claim in an earlier response on this thread.
Yep, we, ve been here before. Think we should forget herd Immunity.... Till we know we have it... But even then variants can't be included.???

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This man seems to be qualified to speak on the subject.....
The problem is if he was correct at least 100,000 people would still be alive in this country, so the obvious conclusion is that this immunity isn't widespread enough to stop mass deaths from the Covid Virus.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yep, we, ve been here before. Think we should forget herd Immunity.... Till we know we have it... But even then variants can't be included.???
What has been achieved (at least if you look at the way people have reverted to gathering unmasked in close proximity with large numbers of others)
We have certainly achieved herd stupidity

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
UCL team’s claim that herd immunity set to be achieved in UK disputed
Many scientists critical of University College London Covid-19 forecast as ‘over-confident and over-optimistic’
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/09/ucl-team-claim-covid-19-herd-immunity-achieved-uk-disputed-scientists

I did question the claim in an earlier response on this thread.
Twice in that article the vaccines are described as "highly effective" by people who should know better.

Highly effective vaccines eliminate or almost eliminate their target disease, something none of the present Covid vaccines are remotely able to do. And that is without considering any of the resistant mutations that will arrive while Covid-19 is still present.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
A natural reaction by people, but one which could have been ameliorated by providing much better advice:

A&E ‘swamped’ with patients seeking help for mild Covid jab side-effects
Emergency departments report surge in cases of headaches linked to AstraZeneca jab amid concerns of blood clots
Is there a prize novelty in side effects?
I have one that should be worth a Mars bar at least
Two days after the second pfizer jab I woke up to find both knees stiff and painful the right knee was soon back to normal service but the left is quite painful.
Am I the first to complain of "long Covid vaccination knee?" :D

ps: where can I get a tube of this "Ameliorated" stuff?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What has been achieved (at least if you look at the way people have reverted to gathering unmasked in close proximity with large numbers of others)
We have certainly achieved herd stupidity
Perhaps not so much stupidity as a calculated gamble? They know they've gone a year without catching it, despite their being no masks or even good advice in the earlier months while still mixing with others. They also know they've gone though at least two surges in the disease without catching it, so why not just carry on doing the same. It's worked before so could again.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I just asked Auntie Google for a Vicar Amelia to fit your ameliorated, and she came up trumps with that.

I didn't look into it as it seemed truly weird.
Well I believe you, thousands wouldn't
nudge, nudge,
wink wink, you naughty Flecc you

(Remember there are children who voted for Brexit and Boris on here, I kid you not!)
They're easily led astray
:D

• :D
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers