Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
He can't operate a comb, what chance does he have with the mechanical complexity of an umbrella.

I received a blocking notice on this media
"When you use our app or browser extension, DuckDuckGo’s Privacy Protection blocks social media embedded content by default. We’re starting small (including Facebook, for example), but over time we’ll be adding more social media companies to the list. If you decide to unblock the content, this will load the content’s tracking code. While social media companies will receive some user information each time you unblock content, this protection will help to reduce what they know about you overall. "

• Informative
Reactions: oyster and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Seem to be Live on BBC today from 06:00 to 18:00 (with a gap or two for news). What more could you want?
Fat lot of use to most people who work for a living.

My shift system would be best. Just have three Olympic schedules lasting three weeks, four days longer than at present. Each schedule over the three weeks being to suit one of the three 8 hours in 24 hours. Each event would appear in the schedules a full week apart, giving each athlete a chance to compete up to three times for more honours.

Much more excitement, whole new levels of achievement possible with double or triple golds, silvers and bronze medals, both champions and champions of champions.

• :D
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Fat lot of use to most people who work for a living.

My shift system would be best. Just have three Olympic schedules lasting three weeks, four days longer than at present. Each schedule over the three weeks being to suit one of the three 8 hours in 24 hours. Each event would appear in the schedules a full week apart, giving each athlete a chance to compete up to three times for more honours.

Much more excitement, whole new levels of achievement possible with double or triple golds, silvers and bronze medals, both champions and champions of champions.
If people are that dead set on watching, they can take their holidays to do so! (I've known some who did that for Wimbledon.)

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If people are that dead set on watching, they can take their holidays to do so! (I've known some who did that for Wimbledon.)
I still think my three shift system best, we could even have three football World Cups, three chances for a country to win one of them.

After all, for many years we had three boxing world championships and three heavyweight champions and few complained about that.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I still think my three shift system best, we could even have three football World Cups, three chances for a country to win one of them.

After all, for many years we had three boxing world championships and three heavyweight champions and few complained about that.
The corollary being that we also have the opportunity for England to lose on penalties three times per World Cup.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I received a blocking notice on this media
"When you use our app or browser extension, DuckDuckGo’s Privacy Protection blocks social media embedded content by default. We’re starting small (including Facebook, for example), but over time we’ll be adding more social media companies to the list. If you decide to unblock the content, this will load the content’s tracking code. While social media companies will receive some user information each time you unblock content, this protection will help to reduce what they know about you overall. "
I must say I rather liked this line
" We’re starting small (including Facebook, for example), " :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sad isn't it?
We got left behind again!:D
Indeed, Danidl commented only a day ago on them having overtaken us.

But of course, with only 4.9 million population their need to vaccinate is greater if they aren't going to disappear.

With 67 millions and lots of rubber boatloads arriving daily we don't have that problem.

Reactions: oldgroaner

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
and in a couple of weeks, by France!
Nice one, neatly rebuffing all those in here having a pop at the EU and France in particular about their vaccination rates. They were always going to overtake us, we were only ahead initially because we cheated, jabbing people before the vaccines had been approved.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Nice one, neatly rebuffing all those in here having a pop at the EU and France in particular about their vaccination rates. They were always going to overtake us, we were only ahead initially because we cheated, jabbing people before the vaccines had been approved.
And, and if it is calculated as number vaccinated over number eligible, extending to 16 year olds will drop our percentage.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

But of course, with only 4.9 million population their need to vaccinate is greater if they aren't going to disappear.

With 67 millions and lots of rubber boatloads arriving daily we don't have that problem.
Conclusion: we need more rubber boats coming in the make up the losses!

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

You forget we have left small pockets of genetic material all over the globe , just in case the motherload is destroyed... Like Boston, Glasgow ( selected area), Liverpool .
The enthusiasm for taking vaccine by our young 'uns , is extremely gratifying ..as is their reasons . The walk in centres are currently working 7/7 and each one would have done 1000 jabs yesterday ... The kids saying ..I want my Granny to be ok...

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
View attachment 43356View attachment 43357Nothing to do with anything on here but I saw a pair of swans with 10 signets yesterday evening. Never seen that many before.
I can't say the most I've ever seen, but certainly can't remember so many in such a neat line.

Took me back many, many years to watching swans and cygnets from the bridge over the estuarial River Ayr, in Ayr itself.

Reactions: Jesus H Christ

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
View attachment 43356View attachment 43357Nothing to do with anything on here but I saw a pair of swans with 10 signets yesterday evening. Never seen that many before.
Brilliant, thank you; where is it?
We had great joy seeing ducks in a line like that launching from land to loch in Scotland; they made a lovely pattern as the waves came in. They had parent ducks at each end rather than both at the front.

Advertisers