Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Thought Tories evolved around 1922? Not much reference to them in middle ages..
There must be some pickled brains in jars somewhere, that we could measure the amygdalas of... they'd be the floaters on top. Or in peat bogs?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Since we are no longer in EU this seems perfectly acceptable. Surprised its not case already. Everyone ignores EU judges anyway. What's new? Certainly isn't scum worthy.. Unless you are a brainwashed extremist.
Rayner might call him names for it.. And do nothing else,which is par for course with our Labour these days.
Hold a conference and dream up insults, much better than working for a living.
Or there is always super glue, a spare hand and the M25 for labour supporters. That seems quite effective. Doesn't keep them off streets, sort of opposite really.
What's your glue of choice Guerney? I, d guess Gorilla glue is very effective but will require a bit more patience. It works great in damp conditions.. Give it a go.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Since we are no longer in EU this seems perfectly acceptable. Surprised its not case already. Everyone ignores EU judges anyway. What's new? Certainly isn't scum worthy.. Unless you are a brainwashed extremist.
Rayner might call him names for it.. And do nothing else,which is par for course with our Labour these days.
Hold a conference and dream up insults, much better than working for a living.
Or there is always super glue, a spare hand and the M25 for labour supporters. That seems quite effective. Doesn't keep them off streets, sort of opposite really.
What's your glue of choice Guerney? I, d guess Gorilla glue is very effective but will require a bit more patience. It works great in damp conditions.. Give it a go.
"Since we are no longer in EU this seems perfectly acceptable.
Everyone ignores EU judges anyway. What's new? Certainly isn't scum worthy.. Unless you are a brainwashed extremist."

And since they can do exactly what they want, you are prepared to trust these people not to abuse the public?
Apparently we were the people who wrote the thing in the first place!

You would have had to be have been brainwashed and gullible enough to vote for Brexit to believe that!

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Since we are no longer in EU this seems perfectly acceptable.
So whatever court rulings already exist can be set aside at the stroke of an administrative open wielded by some minister or other?

Rather removes all concept of precedent.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
So whatever court rulings already exist can be set aside at the stroke of an administrative open wielded by some minister or other?

Rather removes all concept of precedent.
No just the Strasbourg ones... I thought we had our own judicial system??? Why do we need 2???

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
No just the Strasbourg ones... I thought we had our own judicial system??? Why do we need 2???
The precedents exist in the law of England and Wales (and, I think, Scotland). Our courts are expected to take into account precedents established during our EU membership. I don'think you can remove some precendents and not others and expect all judgements that were made to stand up to challenge.

We already have at least three - surely Northern Ireland is separate again?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You are doing it again! where does it stipulate they will only overrule Strasbourg Rules only?
They do that all the time right now!

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
This seems perfectly understandable to me and any changes must be put before house any way???Isn't this the sort of thing he should be doing???

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Errr. Cos that's what it says in both headlines and article..???
View attachment 44439
Into the future is, in case it wasn't obvious, not the same as from the past. There is a complex meshing of law and precedents from both Europe and UK courts from which you can't suddenly exclude a percentage.

Countries which have split or become independent don't (in general) appear to have totally ripped up everything.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
This seems perfectly understandable to me and any changes must be put before house any way???Isn't this the sort of thing he should be doing???
It seems on first glance OK to me. Remember that in T.Mays great Repeal Bill all then current EU legislation was accepted as UK legislation, with the obvious assumption that in time they would review and revise as needed. Now some of these will cut off EU markets from UK producers..in all areas. So for instance it is highly unlikely that simplified HGV regulations will permit UK drivers access to European road networks
What is unnecessary is to even couch the intention of removing ECJ oversight in jingoism.

Reactions: Zlatan

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Raab tries to pull the UK out of ECHR (European Conventions on Human Rights). The UK and 46 other European countries signed it.
Pulling out of ECHR puts us in the same group as Belarus and Kazakhstan.
Many international trade deals make adoption of the ECHR a condition.
Many people rely on it for justice: whistleblowers, strikers, health and social care recipients etc, all those who want to claim against the state.

This government is not only destroying our international reputation, it attacks the weak and needy. I would call all those who attack ECHR fascists.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thought Tories evolved around 1922? Not much reference to them in middle ages..
My comment was referring to the rich in the previous double quote post, They probably go back to the first to spot a large cluster of tasty caterpillars or limpets.

The Conservative and Unionist Party was actually founded in 1834:

"The Conservative Party was founded in 1834 from the Tory Party and was one of two dominant political parties in the 19th century, along with the Liberal Party. Under Benjamin Disraeli, it played a preeminent role in politics at the height of the British Empire. "

Advertisers