Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Of course they have, but chances are they'll do same again probably not Boris but could be Gove or Smog... but won't be Starmer.
What's point in taking someone to task over a past grievance knowing full well it will reoccur, and for exactly same reasons.
Its like having to buy a Ford because Vauxhall have gone bust and then blaming Ford for Vauxhall's demise. Labour went bust years ago.
And all Labour supporters do is aportion blame for voting for Tories and tell us how bad Tories are, rather than getting Labour to actually do anything positive, constructive or vote winning. Tories are sleazy, corrupt, manipulative, some say even fascist and aledgedly incompetent.... But in power, and probably remaining so.
What labour supporters should be doing is asking why rather than blaming voters.
And all Brexit voters do is Blame Labour for not coming to their rescue eh?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
And all Brexit voters do is Blame Labour for not coming to their rescue eh?
Which Labour Party ever mentioned, hinted or even whispered they would reverse Brexit? Certainly wasn't in any manifesto and there wasn't a more anti Europe MP in country than Corbyn. Who knows about Starmer, he has his hands glued to road and his arse to the fence. So again you are wrong OG. It's more to do with our country needs a viable opposition for democracy to stand any chance of working. Normally government in power is worried about making mistakes, assuming opposition would benefit and voting public step in and vote accordingly.
You and your Labour extremists havent noticed yet, but Labour are down and out. Normal rules aren't in operation. Tories are riding rough shod over country simply because they have no opposition. Sorry to tell you OG. Labour isn't working(again), Tories are making hay whilst the sunshines.
When you lot wake up and stop harping about Tories and start directing some guidance to Starmer we might get a labour movement back.
Woosh would rather hide his head in sand and pretend Starmer stands a chance. You, d rather argue, about anything and Agnew seems to have a fixation about sex workers.
Its quite simple really OG. No matter how bad Boris and Tories are seen our current Labour are seen as worse by voting public. We can't change the electorate, Labour must change or stay in wilderness. You, d rather they didn't change, I, d rather they do what it takes to get in power.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Which Labour Party ever mentioned, hinted or even whispered they would reverse Brexit? Certainly wasn't in any manifesto and there wasn't a more anti Europe MP in country than Corbyn. Who knows about Starmer, he has his hands glued to road and his arse to the fence. So again you are wrong OG. It's more to do with our country needs a viable opposition for democracy to stand any chance of working. Normally government in power is worried about making mistakes, assuming opposition would benefit and voting public step in and vote accordingly.
You and your Labour extremists havent noticed yet, but Labour are down and out. Normal rules aren't in operation. Tories are riding rough shod over country simply because they have no opposition. Sorry to tell you OG. Labour isn't working(again), Tories are making hay whilst the sunshines.
When you lot wake up and stop harping about Tories and start directing some guidance to Starmer we might get a labour movement back.
Woosh would rather hide his head in sand and pretend Starmer stands a chance. You, d rather argue, about anything and Agnew seems to have a fixation about sex workers.
Just one slight problem with your latest sermon
I am not a Labour supporter though I used to be. And I have never associated with Labour extremists either.
The fact remains that the rot set in with people voting for Brexit, not the Labour Party.
This is essentially on you my friend.
Behold the monster you (helped) create.

Lets look at difference between us
I didn't vote for this idiotic situation
You did
I lost you won. (and I predicted that would happen before it did)

Reminds me of the old saying
The best way to punish a man who steals your wife
Is to let him keep her!

So it is with Brexit
Enjoy your booby prize

Here's a thought for you before the country needs a viable opposition for democracy to work, we need one vital thing
That clearly relatively well educated (compared to some countries )voters
Actually employ the brain in choosing politicians to represent them, rather than allow themselves to be taken in by con men and women who promise the Earth and give you a handful of s++t instead.

Being critical is one thing engineers have to be good at or the result is catastrophe, and the same goes for voting for political parties

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Its quite simple really OG. No matter how bad Boris and Tories are seen our current Labour are seen as worse by voting public. We can't change the electorate, Labour must change or stay in wilderness. You, d rather they didn't change, I, d rather they do what it takes to get in power.
The Lib-Dems almost hit the sweet spot but then appointed a new highly forgettable leader, who’s name I’ve forgotten. They went of at a tangent by shifting focus onto gender neutral vending machines in schools or something equally Lib-Dem. They blew it.

edit:

Swindon? Was it someone called Swindon or Swinton? Or am confusing it with my car insurance broker?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Just one slight problem with your latest sermon
I am not a Labour supporter though I used to be. And I have never associated with Labour extremists either.
The fact remains that the rot set in with people voting for Brexit, not the Labour Party.
This is essentially on you my friend.
Behold the monster you (helped) create.

Lets look at difference between us
I didn't vote for this idiotic situation
You did
I lost you won. (and I predicted that would happen before it did)

Reminds me of the old saying
The best way to punish a man who steals your wife
Is to let him keep her!

So it is with Brexit
Enjoy your booby prize
But the issue isn't Brexit.
If enough decide we need to rejoin, no doubt we will. (Infact a recent poll has suggested if we had another ref... 53% would vote rejoin, Interestingly and causing a headache for Boris is that only 14% of Conservative voters would be against another ref, whereas 20% of Labour are.
Brexit will be sorted, one way or another, eventually. The flaw in our democracy won't be, certainly not without a second viable party it won't.
In or out the EU we will have Tories. There really isn't a choice. That isn't democracy but all you have on your mind is Brexit. (better than Agnew I suppose, we all know what he's thinking about)

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The Lib-Dems almost hit the sweet spot but then appointed a new highly forgettable leader, who’s name I’ve forgotten. They went of at a tangent by shifting focus onto gender neutral vending machines in schools or something equally Lib-Dem. They blew it.

edit:

Swindon? Was it someone called Swindon or Swinton? Or am confusing it with my car insurance broker?
Seems all parties are infected with these types, but they do seem to hold more sway in Labour and the other minor parties.
Is Rayner really deputy priminister material?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Since 2010 it's been Nick Clegg, Tim Farron, Jo Swinson and now Sir Ed Davey, the Lib Dems having caught the "Ed" disease.

Like Labour with Ed Miliband and Ed Balls and the Tories with Ed Vaisey.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Well actually yes.. I think he is.. Especially at side of opposition.
Given choice, him or Rayner? I, d vote Raab. Especially on Planet of Apes.
Labour should have hung onto Millibands. Especially the clever one.

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
You mean the bloke who lied, badly, by saying boris acted on clinical instruction when he didnt wear a mask in a hospital on gmtv a day ago. He makes grayling seem bad at self immolation, if you get my drift?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Cheer up, England 5-0 against Albania at half time!

and still 5 - 0 at full time.

A hat trick for Harry Kane and goal for Harry Maguire, belatedly getting our own back on the continentals for killing Harold in 1066. ;)

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You mean the bloke who lied, badly, by saying boris acted on clinical instruction when he didnt wear a mask in a hospital on gmtv a day ago. He makes grayling seem bad at self immolation, if you get my drift?
You vote for Rayner by all means. She's perfect. And, as I said, irrespective of how bad they are, who they upset and how they behave... You get my drift..
If it were not case, we, d have had a change of government by now.
I don't understand why people carry on defending Labour. Yes Tories are in many aspects a disgrace but come on, Labour are playing their part in it all.
We need a bad opposition to allow such a shower to govern. It's a synergy thing. We wouldn't get one without the other but folk on here continually defend Labour. They blame the electorate. Which is bordering on insane.
Blame voters for making the only available choice.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
You vote for Rayner by all means. She's perfect. And, as I said, irrespective of how bad they are, who they upset and how they behave... You get my drift..
If it were not case, we, d have had a change of government by now.
I don't understand why people carry on defending Labour. Yes Tories are in many aspects a disgrace but come on, Labour are playing their part in it all.
We need a bad opposition to allow such a shower to govern. It's a synergy thing. We wouldn't get one without the other but folk on here continually defend Labour. They blame the electorate. Which is bordering on insane.
Blame voters for making the only available choice.
Labour has a number of good people.

But I'd actually be willing to give consideration to anyone who would topple the tories.

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
I'll bet Rayner knew that Great Britain is an island and the Dover crossing is an important trade route, Raab didn't.
Deputy Prime Minister? I wouldn't trust him to find his own anus in daylight.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
He can't help adding pathetic plagiarism to the charge sheet:

Speaking in a broadcast clip, Boris Johnson said the situation was of concern. “I’m seeing the storm clouds gathering over parts of the European continent. And I’ve got to be absolutely frank with people: we’ve been here before. We remember what happens when the wave starts rolling in,” he said.

"The storm clouds are gathering over the European scene. Our defences have been neglected. Danger is in the air…yes, I say in the air. The mighty discontented nations are reaching out with the strong hands to regain what they have lost; nay, to gain a predominance which they have never had. Is this, then, the time to plunge our vast dependency of India into the melting-pot?" — Winston S. Churchill BBC broadcast (29 January 1935) against the Indian Home Rule Bill.

Though I can't help pointing out the mighty discontented nations of today could be seen to include Wales, Scotland and - in whatever guise - Ireland.

Advertisers