Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From your Official Office of National Statistics today ....
Vaccination reduced the risk of infection during both the Alpha and Delta period. Two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine were more effective than one dose at preventing symptomatic infection.

Two doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech or Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine were estimated to be 96% and 92% effective against hospitalisation with the Delta variant, respectively.

96% means a protection factor of 25. 92% means a protection factor of 13. Note these are the UK numbers ..What would the effect have been had the UK used the Manufacturers recommended interval rather than the politically expedient .
My figure of 40 was based on the actual figures from Irish Hospitals at a specific moment in time.
Exactly the point I was making at the time, we should not have played the numbers game to make the government look good

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I see tories' spots are indelible:

Scottish Tory leader refers himself to watchdog over undeclared income
Douglas Ross says failure to declare income from refereeing and MSP work was ‘an error on my behalf’

I say again, no-one should be allowed two elected offices. The one should be regarded as an office for profit under the crown therefore act as resignation from the other.

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
I see tories' spots are indelible:

Scottish Tory leader refers himself to watchdog over undeclared income
Douglas Ross says failure to declare income from refereeing and MSP work was ‘an error on my behalf’

I say again, no-one should be allowed two elected offices. The one should be regarded as an office for profit under the crown therefore act as resignation from the other.
They are all tarred with the same brush. All we need now is a ton of feathers.

• :D
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Just got invited for booster (both of us, but at different times) - on Tuesday. Sent by post.

Which really doesn't give much chance of refusing, especially if doing so by letter, and it being offered to someone else.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just got invited for booster (both of us, but at different times) - on Tuesday. Sent by post.

Which really doesn't give much chance of refusing, especially if doing so by letter, and it being offered to someone else.
Doesn't really matter about refusing if over 50, since one can then use the walk in centres. They've just been expanding the range of those here.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

I got my third shot on Thursday ..as scheduled. Sore arm now receding. The flu shot was much worse.

• Informative

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Doesn't really matter about refusing if over 50, since one can then use the walk in centres. They've just been expanding the range of those here.
Typically the walk in centre in Hull has closed, nearest are in Lincoln or Doncaster
And even the so called "Walk in Medical centres" are now appointment only.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Speak for yourself! Doesn't work like that here.
Typically the walk in centre in Hull has closed, nearest are in Lincoln or Doncaster
And even the so called "Walk in Medical centres" are now appointment only.
That's how bad it was here. You may recall me only about a week ago complaining that to get the booster and 'flu jab meant two separate long public transport trips in circumstances greatly increasing my risks over my normal virtually risk free life. So I said no to them until the access to them was very much safer.

That has suddenly changed (perhaps they do read this thread!) since I've just had a further letter arrive, urging me, and coincident with that a sudden expansion in jab facilities.

In the little shopping centre within my estate the pharmacy is now claimed to be a walk in for the booster and it's in walking distance of my home and has plenty of car parking anyway.

And in another pharmacy a short drive away with a chance of car parking on weekdays they are now claimed to be offering walk in for both the booster and the 'flu jab at the same time, which is now approved.

I'll try that second option for both jabs, but since they could be out of stock on Monday after this first weekend I'll try Tuesday/Wednesday.

I'll let you know in due course if the reality matches the promise.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I got my third shot on Thursday ..as scheduled. Sore arm now receding. The flu shot was much worse.
Which products have you received. It appears by far the majority of boosters are Pfizer though a few have had Moderna.

I continue to get very slight discomfort (even that is too strong a way of putting it - awareness?) around the sites of my original AZ vaccinations. Will get the booster on my right arm, so I can separate any issues that do occur.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
That's how bad it was here. You may recall me only about a week ago complaining that to get the booster and 'flu jab meant two separate long public transport trips in circumstances greatly increasing my risks over my normal virtually risk free life. So I said no to them until the access to them was very much safer.

That has suddenly changed (perhaps they do read this thread!) since I've just had a further letter arrive, urging me, and coincident with that a sudden expansion in jab facilities.

In the little shopping centre within my estate the pharmacy is now claimed to be a walk in for the booster and it's in walking distance of my home and has plenty of car parking anyway.

And in another pharmacy a short drive away with a chance of car parking on weekdays they are now claimed to be offering walk in for both the booster and the 'flu jab at the same time, which is now approved.

I'll try that second option for both jabs, but since they could be out of stock on Monday after this first weekend I'll try Tuesday/Wednesday.

I'll let you know in due course if the reality matches the promise.
I hope it all works out for . In fairness I have had a gold star level of service regarding these Jabs, even compared with my wife. ..The reason is over 70 s get a special deal . A phone call or text message from the local GP service, limited defined appointment time, que size limited 20 minute post jab seating area ,all a 10 minute stroll away . She has had to join much longer ques in a larger ballroom converted into innoculation centre, and of course will be waiting for her third jab.. And my son, who is immunocompromised, did get his third jab a month ago, had to travel 75 miles distant to a racecourse.

• Informative

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Which products have you received. It appears by far the majority of boosters are Pfizer though a few have had Moderna.

I continue to get very slight discomfort (even that is too strong a way of putting it - awareness?) around the sites of my original AZ vaccinations. Will get the booster on my right arm, so I can separate any issues that do occur.
All three Pfizer. My wifes were AZ ..and she was rather ill for the first night afterwards. My son was also AZ and he felt it was the worst night he put in since feeling ill enough for ICU. But his 3rd booster shot was the Pfizer
So now 2.5 days after jab 3 All I have is a discomfort ,were I to lean on it ... Certainly nothing to interfere with my enjoyment of todays rout of the All Blacks... The scoreline flatters them.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
All three Pfizer. My wifes were AZ ..and she was rather ill for the first night afterwards. My son was also AZ and he felt it was the worst night he put in since feeling ill enough for ICU. But his 3rd booster shot was the Pfizer
So now 2.5 days after jab 3 All I have is a discomfort ,were I to lean on it ... Certainly nothing to interfere with my enjoyment of todays rout of the All Blacks... The scoreline flatters them.
Partner was rough for some time after first AZ but second was less of an issue - almost nothing.

Have to say, I am concerned as I have read already quite a number who have had Pfizer booster after AZ and found it worse. Mind, that might be related to thyroid issues.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Is Hancock trying to turn the screw on Johnson even further?

A book deal to write about his role in Covid surely isn't going to reflect well on tories.

(Even if he were to do it and donate all payments to charity, it is deeply questionable ahead of an inquiry.)

• Agree

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
What’s with Sharmer crying at the FLOP26 get-together in Glasgow? What a disgrace. What a puffta! He’s a big girls blouse and a massive twat.

China is only a big polluter because we’ve killed off all of our own manufacturing industry in order to reduce emissions. That’s made it too expensive to make stuff here, so we have all our $hite made in China, where they don’t give a **** about the climate, and then ship it back. We then play with our new Chinese stuff for a couple of weeks and then send it to where it belongs, landfill.

If you want to save the planet, stop buying crap from China. I think I’m the new Grettle Thumberg!

Advertisers