Brexit, for once some facts.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
That's not the future, they fix it. You surely don't believe all that stuff about the machines randomly deciding the numbers?

It's all balls.
To be fair it's probably ALL balls. I do not like the greased piglet, but would not be surprised if almost all his woes, and the perfectly timed dripfeeding of his pecadillos to the media all stem from the well publicised fallout between his wife and that near sighted bloke.

Reactions: flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Only 24 hours ago I warned that Prince Andrew's legal troubles could result in the Queen being implicated. LINK

Within that brief time we now see hasty moves to disengage him from the family by removing his titles and ranks, casting him adrift as a private citizen.

You see it's not just the government who closely follow our thread, the palace officials do as well, maybe even the Queen herself. ;)
Well I can fully understand why She would want to follow my postings ..

• :D
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
The timing of this Chinky Spy being discovered is suspicious. Create a non-existent enemy threat and tell people you will protect them from it. The tactic works every time, especially when the Prime Minister is in the poo.
I thought exactly the same thing, seems very convenient to come out with this now, apparently the Times ran a story about her being funded by the Chinese communist party something like 5 years ago and no one paid any attention.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I suspect that Sue Gray’s investigation will prove not to have sufficient remit and power to produce a real answer. Therefore, this completely ludicrous situation will just get worse and worse.

James Slack no deputy editor at The Sun has been forced to apologise. And it will remain as a stain on his record.

If Johnson denies responsibility, he admits he is out of control.

If Johnson maintains that he is taking responsibility, he has to actually do something.

Mrs Honeyman

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2021
I thought exactly the same thing, seems very convenient to come out with this now, apparently the Times ran a story about her being funded by the Chinese communist party something like 5 years ago and no one paid any attention.
I think the timing of Johnson having to “isolate for COVID related reasons” is suspicious too. The cowardly twat has a track record of disappearing when his appalling behaviour catches up with him.

He’ll probably pop up at a vaccination centre in about a fortnight.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
D
I think the timing of Johnson having to “isolate for COVID related reasons” is suspicious too. The cowardly twat has a track record of disappearing when his appalling behaviour catches up with him.

He’ll probably pop up at a vaccination centre in about a fortnight.
I thought Starmer's absence and reappearance was very timely, given his pub visits and drinks, indoors???
Which nobody reminded him of other day??? Very odd.

Mrs Honeyman

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2021
D

I thought Starmer's absence and reappearance was very timely, given his pub visits and drinks, indoors???
I’ve not seen the story regarding Starmer. When did the visits happen? Did they break the Covid rules at the time?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I thought Starmer only needs to keep his cool and he won't put a foot wrong. His opponent is now a vote calamity.

Did you watch BBCQT last night? Half of the program (about 30 minutes) were all about whether BJ should fall on his own sword. 17 minutes in, only one person raised his hand in support of BJ. When he had the mic, he started by saying 'Boris did some stupid things but he is the only PM getting us through Covid with the vaccines...'. Boris did some stupid things? Really not much of a support then.
Bruce then asked, many of you in the audience have voted conservative in the last election, who has now changed their mind? About 1 out of 4 in the audience put their hand up.
Considering that less than half have voted conservative, it does not bode well for BJ in the forthcoming May election. No wonder latest polls show Labour lead by 10% in voting intentions.
If conservatives lose councils in May, BJ will be replaced before October party conference.

• :D
  • Informative
Reactions: POLLY and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I suspect that Sue Gray’s investigation will prove not to have sufficient remit and power to produce a real answer. Therefore, this completely ludicrous situation will just get worse and worse.

James Slack no deputy editor at The Sun has been forced to apologise. And it will remain as a stain on his record.

If Johnson maintains that he is taking responsibility, he has to actually do something.
The issue was NOT under investigation until more or less now. (Do we even know what events are being investigated? Is there a list?) He sat on a huge public interest/government confidence story for the best part of a year. Does that enhance his journalistic reputation?

PM’s former aide apologises for Downing Street party held in his honour
James Slack, now deputy editor of the Sun, says sorry for ‘anger and hurt’ caused by party during Covid lockdown

Slack added that he could not comment further as the matter had been referred to an investigation into a string of alleged parties held at Downing Street and elsewhere in government amid lockdown, led by the senior official Sue Gray.

Mrs Honeyman

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2021

Sue Gray’s report will land on her boss’s desk first. Her boss will see it before anyone else. Gray’s boss will then decide which elements of the report appear in the published summary. The full report will never be seen. It’s only the summary that is published. Her boss is a liar, a cheat and a coward. His name is Boris Johnson.

I don’t have any faith in the process.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Anyone here ever had shingles?

I've a nasty feeling that this has been festering away since my Pfizer/BioNTech booster vaccine. But it wasn't until the pain/rash areas were very obviously the same as the very mild discomfort I've had through December that I thought of a connection. There are quite a few reports around though most occurred mush sooner.

Not for one minute claiming this is proof of anything, but I have a suspicion.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev and flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

I've a nasty feeling that this has been festering away since my Pfizer/BioNTech booster vaccine. But it wasn't until the pain/rash areas were very obviously the same as the very mild discomfort I've had through December that I thought of a connection. There are quite a few reports around though most occurred mush sooner.

View attachment 45320
Yes I have had shingles .. and extremely painful are they. Moreover, it looks to me that those images are from the face area... An uncle of mine lost the sight in an eye from a shingles infection in the face. My case was along the stomach to groin area. However my father had invented a cure ..I kid you not , about 1970. 4 hourly injections of Vitamin B12 , ,over 2 days, and the singles were drying out by day 3. However at that time there was difficulty in getting the medical establishment to believe that a viral infection could be cured ..there were no antivirals. The Welcome Trust did supply him with some materials, but as a busy GP he just could not sustain the effort to create peer reviewed papers , and double blind tests etc.

• Informative

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Yes I have had shingles .. and extremely painful are they. Moreover, it looks to me that those images are from the face area... An uncle of mine lost the sight in an eye from a shingles infection in the face. My case was along the stomach to groin area. However my father had invented a cure ..I kid you not , about 1970. 4 hourly injections of Vitamin B12 , ,over 2 days, and the singles were drying out by day 3. However at that time there was difficulty in getting the medical establishment to believe that a viral infection could be cured ..there were no antivirals. The Welcome Trust did supply him with some materials, but as a busy GP he just could not sustain the effort to create peer reviewed papers , and double blind tests etc.
It was the deep pain that went right through my should that was bad. From what I have read up, that would be classed as Occipital Neuralgia. The superficial blistering is merely uncomfortable/annoying.

That is bottom of neck/start of shoulder.

I do regularly take B12 orally - getting injectable would take a week or so. And I'd have to challenge myself to self-inject (I know many do that).

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

View attachment 45320
Was your Pfizer/BioNTech booster vaccine after AZ first and second doses like mine?

I'm now regretting I got the booster, here's why.

After my heart troubles gave me a very bad 2020 with 26 lesser heart attacks including many of painful tachycardia, I finally got it under control with alterations to medication and other life changes.

So it was with a lot of relief that from 28th January 2021 to 16th December 2021 I had no attacks at all.

However on 30th November 2021 I had the booster which was painful for several days after.

On 16th December I was woken in the night with a painful tachycardia attack. Since then I've had 9 further painful tachycardia attacks waking me in the following nights, each lasting two or more hours, leaving me feeling sick and weak each following day, including now after yet another attack last night.

That's too much of a coincidence for me. Having achieved a year without heart trouble of any kind, then two weeks after the booster once it had kicked in, the worst sequence of tachycardia yet despite absolutely no changes of any kind in my life, other than the booster.

It seems this risk has long been known and a British study among others online has shown raised risks of such heart inflammatory events due to the Covid-19 vaccines.

So there's no way I'm having any more of them. I'm angry about this current situation after a year of welcome relief and just hope that the ill effect wears off over time.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Was your Pfizer/BioNTech booster vaccine after AZ first and second doses like mine?

I'm now regretting I got the booster, here's why.

After my heart troubles gave me a very bad 2020 with 26 lesser heart attacks including many of painful tachycardia, I finally got it under control with alterations to medication and other life changes.

So it was with a lot of relief that from 28th January 2021 to 16th December 2021 I had no attacks at all.

However on 30th November 2021 I had the booster which was painful for several days after.

On 16th December I was woken in the night with a painful tachycardia attack. Since then I've had 9 further painful tachycardia attacks waking me in the following nights, each lasting two or more hours, leaving me feeling sick and weak each following day, including now after yet another attack last night.

That's too much of a coincidence for me. Having achieved a year without heart trouble of any kind, then two weeks after the booster once it had kicked in, the worst sequence of tachycardia yet despite absolutely no changes of any kind in my life, other than the booster.

It seems this risk has long been known and a British study among others online has shown raised risks of such heart inflammatory events due to the Covid-19 vaccines.

So there's no way I'm having any more of them. I'm angry about this current situation after a year of welcome relief and just hope that the ill effect wears off over time.
I've just put a Yellow Card report in as, even if they dismiss it as being directly related, it acts to make the question visible to researchers.

You are far, far worse off than I. Mine will resolve in the fairly short term. Yesterday I couldn't have even typed this. Most of the afternoon was lying down, dozing. And that is just so far from my normal behaviour.

• Informative

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
It was the deep pain that went right through my should that was bad. From what I have read up, that would be classed as Occipital Neuralgia. The superficial blistering is merely uncomfortable/annoying.

That is bottom of neck/start of shoulder.

I do regularly take B12 orally - getting injectable would take a week or so. And I'd have to challenge myself to self-inject (I know many do that).
You might find a compliant GP .. if memory serves it was 250 mg Vials of Welcome Cytamime 250 . . I remember going almost daily to the local pharmacy. I remember being horrified that he could not treat his brother in law , but his argument was medical ethics about not treating another doctors patient. The Uncle was a very senior politician , and would have been treated by Dublins equivalent of Harley Street

Advertisers