Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
You might find a compliant GP .. if memory serves it was 250 mg Vials of Welcome Cytamime 250 . . I remember going almost daily to the local pharmacy. I remember being horrified that he could not treat his brother in law , but his argument was medical ethics about not treating another doctors patient. The Uncle was a very senior politician , and would have been treated by Dublins equivalent of Harley Street
Standard dose nowadays is 1000 micrograms - and is Neocytamen (or similar) - that is, hydroxocobalamin rather than cyanocobalamin.

Amazingly, GP just rang and has asked me to go in so she can look properly. She is concerned that I don't have something else (though not clear what else it could be).

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
keir-starmer-allegedly-caught-drinking-staff-members-lockdown
if the story has legs, tory MPs should ask the police to investigate.
BJ lied in the HoC about parties in No 10 thus breaking ministerial code. That's the issue.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Perhaps there should be a similar site to monitor Prime Ministers, where the public can record the side effects each PM has on their lives thoughout their period in power.
I do think there needs to be some way of us expressing options between elections.

Opinion polls can help a bit, but there are so many reasons for people to lie, for numbers to be manipulated, etc.

Haven't really got an answer. One of the few good things in recent years was the institution of the recall petition for MPs. It's something - just not enough and too limited.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I do think there needs to be some way of us expressing options between elections.

Opinion polls can help a bit, but there are so many reasons for people to lie, for numbers to be manipulated, etc.

Haven't really got an answer. One of the few good things in recent years was the institution of the recall petition for MPs. It's something - just not enough and too limited.
An annual stock take is what we need and if the blighters have been caught with their hands in the till, instant dismissal.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I've just put a Yellow Card report in as, even if they dismiss it as being directly related, it acts to make the question visible to researchers.

You are far, far worse off than I. Mine will resolve in the fairly short term. Yesterday I couldn't have even typed this. Most of the afternoon was lying down, dozing. And that is just so far from my normal behaviour.
Have seen GP in person. She wanted to check - not rely on a photo. She is still pretty sure and I have antibiotics as well as it appears to be slightly infected.

Not much more than half an hour drive, surgery, pharmacy, home. I was quite knackered.

The blisters are extremely large - which I think is why she wanted to double-check their nature and distribution.

Anyway, she agreed there is a possibility it is vaccine-related and started to say Yellow Card - when I was able to say that I'd already done one.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Have seen GP in person. She wanted to check - not rely on a photo. She is still pretty sure and I have antibiotics as well as it appears to be slightly infected.

Not much more than half an hour drive, surgery, pharmacy, home. I was quite knackered.

The blisters are extremely large - which I think is why she wanted to double-check their nature and distribution.

Anyway, she agreed there is a possibility it is vaccine-related and started to say Yellow Card - when I was able to say that I'd already done one.
Is Lysine worth trying? Despite what the article says, I know people who use it to great effect for cold sores. There are lysine ointments.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Is Lysine worth trying?

Well, if I'd had some around at the start, I might have tried it. But the aciclovir seems to be working and it feels an awful to better than Monday to Thursday.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
To be fair, the greased piglet has single handedly scuppered brexit (and a nightmarish descent into us becoming Madagascar on the Thames). Imagine where we'd be if he were a DeGaulle or stalin who could in fact deliver a fifth Republic or five year plan?
If we believe the papers, Save Big Dog will sack (ask to resign) a number of people to keep Johnson in office.

If they have a tenth the info. About him that Cummings has, he is making it worse - first of all, for us, then eventually for him.

Reactions: jonathan.agnew

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
If we believe the papers, Save Big Dog will sack (ask to resign) a number of people to keep Johnson in office.

If they have a tenth the info. About him that Cummings has, he is making it worse - first of all, for us, then eventually for him.
Death by a thousand cuts that's beginning to taint the tory party as a brand (as portillo amongst others are saying)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
welcome to the future ;)

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

And wait for the reminders about the vaccine, the booster campaign and success (OK subjective) of Brexit.
He's certainly not gone yet..
And ofcourse the reminders about Starmer enjoying a pint with a group mid lockdown... Plus Rayner getting on box quite often.. Which won't need any comments to make the point.

Last edited:

Mrs Honeyman

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2021

And wait for the reminders about the vaccine, the booster campaign and success of Brexit.
He's certainly not gone yet..
The biggest asset he has is the lineup of hopefuls ready to replace him. It looks like a reunion of first week firings from the past decade of Alan Sugar’s The Apprentice.

Someone pointed out that Liz Truss has recently swapped her voice for a deeper more Thatcheresque styled one :D The big jobbie must be preparing herself for a big job!

Last edited:

Advertisers