Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
They were never going to stay Tory anyway.
some brexiteers accuse BJ of being a blairite.
The charge seems to stick.

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
The Tory MP who has defected to Labour (Christian Wakeford) had a very slim majority of 402 to Labour.....maybe this effected his decision :D :D

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Meanwhile over 6 million people are on hospital waiting lists for years and people who can't afford food queue for over an hour in the winter cold at a food bank, afterwards returning to homes they cannot afford to heat. This when our £3.9 billion aircraft carrier is laughably trying to make China and its largest navy in the world afraid.

But you fret about people having an informal drink and chat in the garden of their workplace.
18 million voters chose to vote for populist personality driven politics when they voted for boris. And turn their back on a conversation about what we need, are (as - to a point - described in corbyn/McDonald's labour manifesto). This is the other side of the populist mob boris co created. The kind of voters who now suddenly rediscover their Labour values are a bigger threat to our democracy than the most rabid part of the tory backbench.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
This when our £3.9 billion aircraft carrier is laughably trying to make China and its largest navy in the world afraid.
these aircraft carriers can't defend themselves against hypersonic weapons.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
18 million voters chose to vote for populist personality driven politics when they voted for boris. And turn their back on a conversation about what we need, are (as - to a point - described in corbyn/McDonald's labour manifesto). This is the other side of the populist mob boris co created. The kind of voters who now suddenly rediscover their Labour values are a bigger threat to our democracy than the most rabid part of the tory backbench.
many won't have time to have a conversation. They'll vote on easy to believe solutions and promises.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
That's the world we live in,...
there's far more important issues to be dealt with.
I think this is a crucial matter that would be good to see people's views on. It might help clarify why some people feel so strongly in some areas but not others?

For everyone reading this (not just flecc) - what ARE the most important issues that you feel need to be dealt with (by our government) ?
Maybe list your top five items in order of importance ?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Reactions: Woosh

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I think this is a crucial matter that would be good to see people's views on. It might help clarify why some people feel so strongly in some areas but not others?

For everyone reading this (not just flecc) - what ARE the most important issues that you feel need to be dealt with (by our government) ?
Maybe list your top five items in order of importance ?
Consuming a glass of wine in a garden is neither here not there on its own.

Reminds me of a teacher invigilating an exam. Calls for silence - papers started. Then another teacher comes in and the two start a discussion - initially quiet, but getting louder and more intrusive. Eventually the pupils all "Shhhhhh".

It is a far bigger issue than the noise of the conversation alone.

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It is a far bigger issue than the noise of the conversation alone.
It's not an issue at all and never was. Getting rid of Johnson will just ensure his little better replacement will continue with Tory policies to the detriment of the people.

Forget parties and other such petty issues. Johnson was democratically elected to the job he wanted, so instead of whingeing about parties, the pressure should be on him to do the job he wanted and was elected to do.

Looking after the people's needs for food, fuel and health treatment are the real issues for him at present, not defending his own back. The next general election is the time for that.

Reactions: Zlatan

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
Meanwhile over 6 million people are on hospital waiting lists for years and people who can't afford food queue for over an hour in the winter cold at a food bank, afterwards returning to homes they cannot afford to heat. This when our £3.9 billion aircraft carrier is laughably trying to make China and its largest navy in the world afraid.

But you fret about people having an informal drink and chat in the garden of their workplace.
I think any "fretting" is more to do with the fact that that the head office staff of the organisation tasked with sorting all that you mention above was spending it's time at gatherings involving food and alcohol, otherwise referred to as parties. To make matters worse, the buffoon in charge of this shitshow was simply unable to get a grip and using the child's excuse of "nobody told me, a big boy did it and ran away".

Reactions: oyster

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
It's not an issue at all and never was. Getting rid of Johnson will just ensure his little better replacement will continue with Tory policies to the detriment of the people.

Forget parties and other such petty issues. Johnson was democratically elected to the job he wanted, so instead of whingeing about parties, the pressure should be on him to do the job he wanted and was elected to do.

Looking after the people's needs for food, fuel and health treatment are the real issues for him at present, not defending his own back. The next general election is the time for that.
You can put all the pressure you like on him to do the job he was elected to do, but he is incapable of doing that job. He is utterly unsuited for any form of high office and should be gone.
It was obvious for years that the man was a complete balloon, why so many English voters were taken in by this clown I'll never know.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
getting rid of Johnson is the job for the conservative party.
any of his replacement presumably can't do worse.
Maybe zlatan has something to say here.
I am more interested in Labour or a coalition winning the argument and the next general election.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
getting rid of Johnson is the job for the conservative party.
any of his replacement presumably can't do worse.
Maybe zlatan has something to say here.
I am more interested in Labour or a coalition winning the argument and the next general election.
It's nice that Zlatan is no shy Tory voter, makes a refreshing change.

Shy Tories usually shuffle about all evasive like, thinking they've done something unsanitary and morally reprehensible, which they have ;)

Worse, are the Cleggites and flipfloppers (IMHO).

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You can put all the pressure you like on him to do the job he was elected to do, but he is incapable of doing that job. He is utterly unsuited for any form of high office and should be gone.
It was obvious for years that the man was a complete balloon, why so many English voters were taken in by this clown I'll never know.
The cost of democracy, the majority of the people get the leader they wanted and richly deserve.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You can put all the pressure you like on him to do the job he was elected to do, but he is incapable of doing that job.
He doesn't have to, he has always been a delegator and the jobs that need doing should be done by his cabinet ministers and their juniors.

The pressure should be on him to kick their backsides until they do their job. I'm sure he'd welcome being able to enthusiastically divert the presssure from himself.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
BBC at moment. Quiz show. Contestants, a gay, a black woman, an extremely fat woman and a weirdo. Yep very typical of population.
We, re all being brainwashed.
You're bing brainwashed, I mean mentally conditioned for the Pately Bridge of the future, so it's less of a screaming doolally kind of shock, and more of a muted sullen and depressed acceptance of a grey (always grey up there, grim>north) gay fat weirdo black village green. Be grateful and comply!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Brexit.

Advertisers