Brexit, for once some facts.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Doesn't anyone else think there is something strange about that story?
Woman gets covid. Seems to be recovering. Decides she feels better and wants to go for a walk. But her back starts hurting. So she lies down, and within TEN MINUTES ... she's 'choked to death'

Is this a common Covid response? I genuinely don't know. Can't say I've heard of that one EVER. Not in that time frame.

For those better versed in things going wrong with the body - what might that have been - would it have been a heart attack? would that give back pain then something happens and you seem to choke ??
Nor I, but I heard another one today from our next door neighbour.. actually just about an hour ago. She contracted Covid and it was a mild case .. but the real deal with PCR test etc., So after the 10 days she is fine . Then after 2 weeks later she gets a head cold, and basically feels rotten for at least 3 full weeks .. headaches, shivering the works ..but negative as LFTs go. Once sensitised to these things , she asks around and finds other covid survivers with similar stories.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
In the early days of Covid, people would be feeling just fine, but their oxygen saturation would be awful, and their lungs could stop being functional very quickly. Perhaps it wasn't Omicron?
To assume that Omicron is the only Covid show in town is lazy. Delta is happily plying its trade, .. and God only knows what other brews are out there.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So you want him out because he's not popular or because he had a drink in garden. Make your mind up Woosh.
BJ is bad according to more than 75% voters, 50% of conservative voters.
is it a good enough reason for you?
If it's not enough, how about a PM who is worse than Theresa May, broke the ministerial code of conduct, the Nolan principles of public life, economical with the truth, generally unprincipled, lazy, and shallow?

I think the country deserves better.
Forget BJ, he will go sooner or later but for the good of the country, he should go as soon as.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
BJ is bad according to more than 75% voters, 50% of conservative voters.
is it a good enough reason for you?
If it's not enough, how about a PM who is worse than Theresa May, broke the ministerial code of conduct, the Nolan principles of public life, economical with the truth, generally unprincipled, lazy, and shallow?

Forget BJ, he will go sooner or later but for the good of the country, he should go as soon as.
You are being very niave thinking BJ will be ousted because of a drink on garden. That's been a complete sham. The real reason is he lost support of his radical right back benchers months ago. Starmer, the media and many such as you have bought into the BS.
If BJ goes, which believe it or not I think he will, it will probably be first time in history a Labour leader (along with idiotic Cummings) has instigated a substantial change to the right.
Been saying it weeks now, be careful what you wish for. We can't get Starmer (ever) but will get some miscrient totally controlled by such as IDS and will represent a jump to the right. If you think BJ is bad, wait till we get his replacement controlled by Tory rebels.
Said it all along and I, ve been totally misunderstood, misquoted throughout. I neither want BJ or a Tory Government.
Simple fact is and still is there is no alternative to Tories at moment and BJ is best amongst them. Lesser of 2 evils on 2 counts.
I want a viable Labour government not some Woke leader on a crusade.
Whatever happens in next two years Starmer will never get in no 10. Labour must change or come election time Tories will win again, irrespective of leader (which could easily be BJ again) or what is happening now.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You are being very niave thinking BJ will be ousted because of a drink on garden. That's been a complete sham. The real reason is he lost support of his radical right back benchers months ago. Starmer, the media and many such as you have bought into the BS.
you are the naive one, by the way, you mispelt the word naive several times now.
A lot more people understand why the evening do at No10's garden was important, you don't get it, even with patient explanations from other forumnites and myself.
If BJ goes, which believe it or not I think he will, it will probably be first time in history a Labour leader (along with idiotic Cummings) has instigated a substantial change to the right.
Why do you think that KS made that happen? BJ stubs his big toe all by himself because he is unprincipled, lazy and shallow. Since Dominic Cummings left, his empty head has become glaringly emptier than before.
Problems are piling up, if you take away the vaccine, what else has he done? Even on the vaccine, he takes credit for it but in reality, anyone else could have done just as well. Tory voters can see clearly that he is just a fat and lazy boss with not a single worthy idea.

Said it all along and I, ve been totally misunderstood, misquoted throughout. I neither want BJ or a Tory Government.
and you want me to believe that?

Simple fact is and still is there is no alternative to Tories at moment and BJ is best amongst them. Lesser of 2 evils on 2 counts.
I want a viable Labour government not some Woke leader on a crusade.
that's totally unfair to tory MPs.
Lots of them are more intelligent, less lazy and more principled than BJ has ever been.
BJ got the job because of a string of lucky circumstances.
He's got Cummings in the brexit referendum. He was lucky because Cummings preferred the backroom to standing in front of the battle bus.
He was again lucky because TM was a terrible PM.
He was again lucky because Jeremy Hunt wasn't trusted by the ERG.
He was again lucky because the Labour party was divided at the 2019 general election.
However, his luck has since run out. Now we know how the real BJ coped or didn't cope with a crisis like Covid.
The bar is now so low that I reckon half of them can do a better job with the exception of IDS but you know that already.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
BJ stubs his big toe all by himself because he is unprincipled, lazy and shallow.
... with an expensive bridge/tunnel obsession:

Research into Johnson’s planned Irish Sea bridge cost taxpayers £900,000
Study found it would be ‘impossible to justify’ creating a fixed link between Scotland and Northern Ireland

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
you are the naive one, by the way, you mispelt the word naive several times now.
A lot more people understand why the evening do at No10's garden was important, you don't get it, even with patient explanations from other forumnites and myself.

Why do you think that KS made that happen? BJ stubs his big toe all by himself because he is unprincipled, lazy and shallow. Since Dominic Cummings left, his empty head has become glaringly emptier than before.
Problems are piling up, if you take away the vaccine, what else has he done? Even on the vaccine, he takes credit for it but in reality, anyone else could have done just as well. Tory voters can see clearly that he is just a fat and lazy boss with not a single worthy idea.

and you want me to believe that?

that's totally unfair to tory MPs.
Lots of them are more intelligent, less lazy and more principled than BJ has ever been.
BJ got the job because of a string of lucky circumstances.
He's got Cummings in the brexit referendum. He was lucky because Cummings preferred the backroom to standing in front of the battle bus.
He was again lucky because TM was a terrible PM.
He was again lucky because Jeremy Hunt wasn't trusted by the ERG.
He was again lucky because the Labour party was divided at the 2019 general election.
However, his luck has since run out. Now we know how the real BJ coped or didn't cope with a crisis like Covid.
The bar is now so low that I reckon half of them can do a better job with the exception of IDS but you know that already.
It's not what he has or hasn't done it's what the alternative really is.
You have some misdirected notion that ousting BJ will change things. It won't change a thing but probably make them worse.
Exactly who are you expecting or wanting to take charge?
Starmer isn't even an option and doubt he will be in 2 years. So who are you wanting Woosh?
Because the next leader will not be chosen on his ability to gain popularity with voters it will be the one most swayed by 1922 committee.??
Pulling spelling up is desperate Woosh.
Even for you. As was calling me stupid.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
You have some misdirected notion that ousting BJ will change things. It won't change a thing but probably make them worse.
I think anyone taking over directly from Johnson will have to make immediate changes. They likely want to do so, but it will be their major test - whether they can make the changes they promise effectively and improve the position of the tories.

Their ability to appeal to the electorate will be crucial. 1922 members might make the wrong assessments of that factor, but they absolutely know it is a huge part of the reason to vote for one rather than another candidate.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I think anyone taking over directly from Johnson will have to make immediate changes. They likely want to do so, but it will be their major test - whether they can make the changes they promise effectively and improve the position of the tories.

Their ability to appeal to the electorate will be crucial. 1922 members might make the wrong assessments of that factor, but they absolutely know it is a huge part of the reason to vote for one rather than another candidate.
But that choice is out of our hands completely. When a presiding PM is ousted the Party choose the leader. Yes, the party chose BJ but had to get endorsement at polling Booth. They now get a free choice.
This whole episode has been to do with moving party back to right. They tried and failed last year. This time under cover of parties they look like doing so. And folk will cheer but wake up to a more Tory government. Well done.
Woosh
Don't believe they have found a connection between dyslexia and naivety.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
But that choice is out of our hands completely. When a presiding PM is ousted the Party choose the leader. Yes, the party chose BJ but had to get endorsement at polling Booth. They now get a free choice.
This whole episode has been to do with moving party back to right. They tried and failed last year. This time under cover of parties they look like doing so. And folk will cheer but wake up to a more Tory government. Well done.
Woosh
Don't believe they have found a connection between dyslexia and naivety.
Possibly with just long enough for them to upset even many of those who remain as tory voters right now before a GE.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Starmer isn't even an option and doubt he will be in 2 years. So who are you wanting Woosh?
I bet on Jeremy Hunt or Michael Gove.
I thought you commented on that post and may have forgotten it.
I think either will be a much better PM than Johnson.
the bar is so low even Dancing Queen TM was better than Johnson.

Pulling spelling up is desperate Woosh.
Even for you. As was calling me stupid.
please stop telling fellow posters that they are stupid because you will find that the comparison may be unfair to yourself.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
... with an expensive bridge/tunnel obsession:

Research into Johnson’s planned Irish Sea bridge cost taxpayers £900,000
Study found it would be ‘impossible to justify’ creating a fixed link between Scotland and Northern Ireland
That was his dirt cheap bargain one.

His Thames Garden Bridge one cost £53 millions without building it ever starting.

And there's an inherent loss of at least £200 millions in his daft new routemaster bus scheme.

Reactions: oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
how about a PM who is worse than Theresa May, broke the ministerial code of conduct, the Nolan principles of public life, economical with the truth, generally unprincipled, lazy, and shallow?

I think the country has the PM they richly deserve.

If they really deserved better they wouldn't have voted in Boris Johnson in 2019, Theresa May in 2017 or even this Tory government after their decade of unnecessary austerity.

Let Boris Johnson and his appalling government that they've chosen stay for the remaining two and a half years and suffer them accordingly.

That might finally wake the public up enough to get finally get rid of both of them long term, in favour of Labour or a reinvigorated Lib Dems.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Possibly with just long enough for them to upset even many of those who remain as tory voters right now before a GE.
Was thinking same. The purpose of this government was nominally to deliver brexit. And Boris is - aggressively and successfully - not delivering that (or anything else). May seem uncaring but as napoleon said, never interrupt your enemy while he's making a mistake. And in the long run brexit's the mistake.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I think the country has the PM they richly deserve.

If they really deserved better they wouldn't have voted in Boris Johnson in 2019, Theresa May in 2017 or even this Tory government after their decade of unnecessary austerity.

Let Boris Johnson and his appalling government that they've chosen stay for the remaining two and a half years and suffer them accordingly.

That might finally wake the public up enough to get finally get rid of both of them long term, in favour of Labour or a reinvigorated Lib Dems.
To a point I agree, other than "reinvigorated lib dems taking power". That kind of mountain would require a charismatic type (macron come to mind) and we all know how that ends.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
To a point I agree, other than "reinvigorated lib dems taking power". That kind of mountain would require a charismatic type (macron come to mind) and we all know how that ends.
Of course I had in mind the extreme unlikelyhood of such an event, but included the possibility as an expression of just how much I hate the current Tory government.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
Sacking him because he is monotonously incompetent is rather different to prising him out because he had a drink in garden.
This entire episode has almost been a distraction to his real failures.
He had that drink in the garden because he is "monotonously incompetent", unfortunately you don't seem to be able to make that connection.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
He had that drink in the garden because he is "monotonously incompetent", unfortunately you don't seem to be able to make that connection.
Ofcourse I make connection and were this affair leading to Starmer calling a vote of no confidence in the Government I, d completely agree. But it isn't. Its internal wrangling by Tory party in an attempt to move party further right whilst they still have at least 2 years in power.
Nobody more competent, more socially minded or any body with more capability will be replacing Johnson. It will be somebody more likely to toe party line and will not have been elected. They will be more pliable to the back benchers who have supported this and wrote all those letters. It's simply pandering to the 1922 brigade. IDS will be sticking his head above parapet soon.
You are all being led down garden path by Cummings and his new found friends. Boris is bad but he ain't anywhere near IDS and the likes.
As I said earlier you, ll all raise a glass as BJ leaves and then wake up to a new unelected, more Tory, more right wing MP masquerading as our elected PM.
If he were so bad Starmer should be calling a no confidence vote in the entire Government,but he isn't.
This is all a personal vendetta between Cummings and Johnson with nobody benefitting. It will not lead to a change of government as some seem to think. Its a change of party leader. From bad to worse.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Boris is bad but he ain't anywhere near IDS and the likes.
Really? how many tens of thousands died as a consequence of their actions?
The man needs to be arrested immediately on a charge of crimes against the people

Advertisers