Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Another day, another Brexit lie revealed
"
Brexit Secretary David Davis admits deal with 'exact same benefits' is not a promise
Cabinet minister says he 'makes no apology' for being ambitious

Nor it seems for anything he promised.

Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
David Davis is still a lot more likable than the other two.
He likes to fiddle with his glasses when he can't answer a difficult question.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
What's wrong with my spelling this time?
There is no such word in the major dictionaries as 'bullyism'. You can check for yourself, of course.

I sincerely hope your grasp of numbers is better than your command of English otherwise your pretty little diagrams and illustrations of matters economic might be entirely wrong. :rolleyes:

Tom

ps If in doubt, the OED is generally regarded as the leading authority on the English language. Alternatively, the Cambridge and Chambers are both excellent resources too but avoid the Free Dictionary and any American-sourced publications such as Webster's......for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it is listed in Merriam Webster.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bullyism
I learned English the hard way, fairly late in life. I don't translate from my mother tongue into English but I still think in the French way when I write in English. You probably have noticed.

Reactions: tillson

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
David Davis is still a lot more likable than the other two.
More likeable perhaps in the sense that some would see strychnine as preferable to arsenic!

Davis was the runner-up in the tory leadership contest a few years ago....to Ca-moron! Although I have no interest in the fascist party, given a choice, I'd probably pick Ca-moron over the rather dense and charmless Davis.

Tom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
The web blogger, AAV gives us this today and it comes from an American, smart enough to understand what American politics is about and lucky enough to have a forum on account of his position:

17499579_1510399878999920_5099768919134489055_n.jpg

Sadly, the UK tends to get a lot of American stuff some years after the US and the NHS is the major target for both American carpetbaggers and the tory party. I fear that by the time the British population wakes up to the reality of all that is going on in British politics, it will be too late.

Tom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I learned English the hard way, fairly late in life. I don't translate from my mother tongue into English but I still think in the French way when I write in English. You probably have noticed.
English is a second language for me too, and rarely heard hereabouts in the East Riding of Yorkshire, where when uttered gives rise to deep suspicion, and a narrowing of the eyes.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It's three-quarters gone, but today is National Kindness Day, so you've all got to be very nice to each other until midnight. :)
Well I have done my bit
"tillson rest assured I have always enjoyed your contribution and hold you in high regard, don't change on my account, I like you the way you are, and that goes for the tail end charlie in the back of the Pantomime horse too."

Two for the price of one as it where!
Ommmm

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
English is a second language for me too, and rarely heard hereabouts in the East Riding of Yorkshire, where when uttered gives rise to deep suspicion, and a narrowing of the eyes.
You'd better watch out for my nephew Mark then. Born in the south, after a lifetime career in the army, back in civvy street he's the range warden for the army's yorkshire lands, taking care of the environment. You mighty forgive him though, since he has a deep love for Yorkshire and was always determined to retire there.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You'd better watch out for my nephew Mark then. Born in the south, after a lifetime career in the army, back in civvy street he's the range warden for the army's yorkshire lands, taking care of the environment. You mighty forgive him though, since he has a deep love for Yorkshire and was always determined to retire there.
We do have free movement of people with the English of course especially ones who fall into the second category

"There are three types of people in this World
Yorkshiremen
People who aspire to be Yorkshiremen
And people who have no ambition."
The lad will do well and earn his Flat Hat.:)

Reactions: robdon and flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
There is no such word in the major dictionaries as 'bullyism'. You can check for yourself, of course.

I sincerely hope your grasp of numbers is better than your command of English otherwise your pretty little diagrams and illustrations of matters economic might be entirely wrong. :rolleyes:

Tom

ps If in doubt, the OED is generally regarded as the leading authority on the English language. Alternatively, the Cambridge and Chambers are both excellent resources too but avoid the Free Dictionary and any American-sourced publications such as Webster's......for obvious reasons.
There is no such word as " Brexit" but just like bullyism we know exactly what it means, unless ofcourse you happen to be a pedant.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: robdon and tillson

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
We do have free movement of people with the English of course especially ones who fall into the second category

"There are three types of people in this World
Yorkshiremen
People who aspire to be Yorkshiremen
And people who have no ambition."
The lad will do well and earn his Flat Hat.:)
Flat Cap OG..yorkshiremen do not wear hats.
Flecc send your nephew to Hull,there,s a couple of Bulls eyes spinning around in co op window there. They,d make perfect targets, for long long range..they are big.

Last edited:
  • Disagree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I would have never have guessed that English was your second language.

Bullyism works for me. I knew exactly what you meant and that is the purpose of language. There are times when it's right to strictly adhere to language rules, but a bicycle internet forum isn't one of them.

One more infringement and you will be given detention.

Last edited:
  • Disagree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
More likeable perhaps in the sense that some would see strychnine as preferable to arsenic!

Davis was the runner-up in the tory leadership contest a few years ago....to Ca-moron! Although I have no interest in the fascist party, given a choice, I'd probably pick Ca-moron over the rather dense and charmless Davis.

Tom
Oh dear, the cuckoo has just chirped Fascist O'clock in oldtom's house again. :)

• Disagree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Spelling correctly is a relatively modern phenomenon. Not that long ago words were spelt how you liked , as long as reader comprehends ,spelling is inconsequential. Shakespeare used various spellings for same word regularly.
Expecting rools of gramer and spelling along with correct use of punctuation on a forum is barmy ...'!
By the way

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe..

Bet Tom says its written by a fascist.,or an iodot., or a riacst...but perhaps Tom is still reading i n d i v i d u a l letters. He must be.

Last edited:
  • Disagree

Advertisers