Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Interestingly a google search to ask if anyone is monitoring the public mood about the referendum gives no result only past references.
Amazing that no one has taken any interest after such a major event.
The hope that this has gone away is a dream.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Brendan
Its a good article,the brainwashed on here will dismiss it.
We,ve tried to offer reasonable views between us but stony ground...
I,m with you. Definitely my last post. Take care.
no Flud you haven't tried to offer reasonable reviews, just rehashed propaganda, but nevertheless the best of luck to you, you and I are both going to need that in spades

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It is ostensible talking about T May, but has some interesting points to be made about the Remainers which I hope you will read, not that I can possible expect any agreement here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3672924/DAILY-MAIL-COMMENT-Brexit-Theresa-means-it.html
Don't you think it's just a teeny bit one-sided? :D :rolleyes:

I agree with their comment that assurances are needed on Theresa May's leave intentions though, there are indications that she could be shaky.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Little did I realise when I started this thread that it would reach the all time record length of 101 pages, overtaking the Electronic Cigarettes one.

And also be the record breaker for diametrical disagreement!

Reactions: tillson

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Flud
I agree with you, this post has stopped being interesting, just repetitive from the hard core remainers that will accept nothing, so for that reason I will now bow out of the discussion
As a final bye bye I leave you with following comment from the Daily Mail
It is ostensible talking about T May, but has some interesting points to be made about the Remainers which I hope you will read, not that I can possible expect any agreement here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3672924/DAILY-MAIL-COMMENT-Brexit-Theresa-means-it.html
the odd thing - and i genuinely appreciate your post - is that, following brexit, i'm not sure i believe in democracy anymore. and i used to, fervently. i'm beginning to think either a relatively benign plutocracy, as we have in the UK outside referenda (with puppet mp's serving the interests of rich benefactors) may not in fact be as horrid as i thought. i genuinely think the voters of the UK made a terrible misinformed mistake. perhaps voting should be like gun ownership - subject to mental health, IQ and other police checks.

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013
Brendan
Just wonder what OG is going to do when tho debacle is over, but the way stayers are performing could drag on for years..
Gove days he,ll trigger art 50 in 2017 IF he,s priminister ...so no chance. .
On the ignoring referendum, yes its happened before. France and Holland both ignored electorate over issues that were related and within eu. Ignoring this one ( yes , they could) is a precedent. House has to vote wether to vote on it or not ??? If we had a house..well its quite empty..
Kudos Dave and KTM have made good sensible contribution to stayers arguments but think even their opinions are formed on government manipulation.
We,ve all accepted leave side lied, stayers seem to think they have a. monopoly on valid economic and political points. Well I,m afraid you have not. Government had, and is still, sending out propoganda for leavers to find..The way public has been and still is by stayers is appalling.
At end of day eu represents 10% of world population, yes that accounts for 18% of world trade. Thirty years ago eu accounted for 38%..To insist we cant cope outside eu is ridiculous. Had government been more honest I do think result would have gone other way. But counter to that ,if we stay, and freedom of movement is maintained we wont be overrun by hordes of migrants.
Finacially , I,m with Peter Hargreaves ( not flecc or OG). UK will prosper outside eu but do we want that politically.??

Sorry OG much as I mentioned you in my post, afraid I,ve stopped reading your posts. Its pointless. You accept nothing, counter every single argument and don't actually read my posts. You have been brainwashed by stayers arguments.
Just wonder what OG is going to do when tho debacle is over, but the way stayers are performing could drag on for years..
Gove days he,ll trigger art 50 in 2017 IF he,s priminister ...so no chance. .
On the ignoring referendum, yes its happened before. France and Holland both ignored electorate over issues that were related and within eu. Ignoring this one ( yes , they could) is a precedent. House has to vote wether to vote on it or not ??? If we had a house..well its quite empty..
Kudos Dave and KTM have made good sensible contribution to stayers arguments but think even their opinions are formed on government manipulation.
We,ve all accepted leave side lied, stayers seem to think they have a. monopoly on valid economic and political points. Well I,m afraid you have not. Government had, and is still, sending out propoganda for leavers to find..The way public has been and still is by stayers is appalling.
At end of day eu represents 10% of world population, yes that accounts for 18% of world trade. Thirty years ago eu accounted for 38%..To insist we cant cope outside eu is ridiculous. Had government been more honest I do think result would have gone other way. But counter to that ,if we stay, and freedom of movement is maintained we wont be overrun by hordes of migrants.
Finacially , I,m with Peter Hargreaves ( not flecc or OG). UK will prosper outside eu but do we want that politically.??

Sorry OG much as I mentioned you in my post, afraid I,ve stopped reading your posts. Its pointless. You accept nothing, counter every single argument and don't actually read my posts. You have been brainwashed by stayers arguments.

• Disagree
Reactions: tommie

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013
Brendan
Flud :- Are you being sponsored by Peter Hargreaves for your articles on this forum, seems so.
I can`t see what he has got to do with ebikes ?.

• Disagree
  • Dislike
Reactions: tommie and tisme

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Little did I realise when I started this thread that it would reach the all time record length of 101 pages, overtaking the Electronic Cigarettes one.

And also be the record breaker for diametrical disagreement!
oh no, this baby's still got loads of life left in it: in about 18 months (when the pound and zim dollar are in a scuffle for parity) we will still be bickering..

• :D
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc and LeighPing

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Brendan
Reasonable views? I don't think so.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
do you regret the result?
apparently 44% think it's the wrong result against 43%.
More importantly, 11% of people who voted for leave may not vote the same way today.
Source: Ipsos MORI.

• Informative

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
the odd thing - and i genuinely appreciate your post - is that, following brexit, i'm not sure i believe in democracy anymore. and i used to, fervently. i'm beginning to think either a relatively benign plutocracy, as we have in the UK outside referenda (with puppet mp's serving the interests of rich benefactors) may not in fact be as horrid as i thought. i genuinely think the voters of the UK made a terrible misinformed mistake. perhaps voting should be like gun ownership - subject to mental health, IQ and other police checks.
Forget the voters, as ....
The problem with that is we would never be able to get enough Politicians who qualified without having to have a vast program of immigration! :D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
do you regret the result?
apparently 44% think it's the wrong result against 43%.
More importantly, 11% of people who voted for leave may not vote the same way today.
Source: Ipsos MORI.

And this is a new phenomenon
It's called a "BTMYC" Syndrome
"Behold the Monster You've Created"
The result will prove terminal in the end.
A sort of Biblical effect rather like
"The wheels of God grind slowly
But they grind exceeding small!
LTGF "let the Goodness Flow"

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Flud
You don't answer for the simple reason you don't have a cogent argument backed up by facts, just wishful thinking.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I can see it.....now Angela,where should I place my handbag?....do you remember Maggie always had her handbag in clobbering reach.
Yes Theresa,these men have made an awful mess of things.
Sugar in the tea,I think you prefer Liptons?
Now Angela I need something I can put into the 2020 Manifesto,to keep the people happy,nothing too controversial like free movement of people,how about the EU making special payments to our NHS,we could always give it back to French farmers,then everyone is happy.
Shall I ring Hilary or will you,no leave it to me,special relationship and all that.
Kudos,very cynical,Dave

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
I can see it.....now Angela,where should I place my handbag?....do you remember Maggie always had her handbag in clobbering reach.
Yes Theresa,these men have made an awful mess of things.
Sugar in the tea,I think you prefer Liptons?
Now Angela I need something I can put into the 2020 Manifesto,to keep the people happy,nothing too controversial like free movement of people,how about the EU making special payments to our NHS,we could always give it back to French farmers,then everyone is happy.
Shall I ring Hilary or will you,no leave it to me,special relationship and all that.
Kudos,very cynical,Dave
i largely agree, but nauseating as that vision of what the dutch call a pantoffelregering (being governed by someone wielding a slipper) is, it is marginally less so than Geert (Wilders), Marien (le pen), Nige and Boris cooking up something terrible

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just a point to note: on here, and in the big world outside, a tendency is developing
For leavers to leave
Remainers to remain.
Is there some fundamental force of the universe at work do you think?
Power to the people ie; 48%stay (or 52% or is that 38%leave) as you prefer

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Here is Joke of the day
"Theresa May has refused to rule out the deportation of EU nationals living in Britain after the country leaves the European Union, amid fears that guaranteeing their rights at this stage could lead to a “huge influx” of migrants during the Brexit negotiation phase."

Sorry, got to stop to compose myself and stop laughing hysterically!
How many would be so deranged as to come here without having to be dragged kicking and screaming and put in a strait jacket?
Oh my god! tickets for the Titanic's Maiden voyage are selling at inflated prices!
The woman is deranged!
And this is the would be leader of this Government?
Doesn't she realise that there will be a Brain Drain of our brightest and best ( many are actually from there anyway) into the EU where there are some actual prospects for the future?
I can feel hysteria coming on again!

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Suffice it to say that as a licenced user, I used to buy my polonium 210 from the USA and it arrived via normal USPS surface post with only a radiation warning tag on the package.
Do you use the polonium to power a time travel machine? If so, can give us a spoiler and tell us all how it all ends?

Actually I know how it ends. We and everyone we care about all die, eventually.

Advertisers